AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2023-03-17, 13:25   Link #461
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Shit seriously hit the fan this month...

Spoiler:
Old 2023-03-19, 21:10   Link #462
Galaxian

Saw it coming the moment they showed Boruto's future vision as a first person viewpoint.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-20, 06:50   Link #463
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Seems the series will be starting its final arc in August but I don't see how Boruto will be able to become that much stronger after the timeskip considering he has to face the Othsosuki members. At least Sarada unlocked the Mangekyo so she will be an ally alongside Sasuke.
Old 2023-04-20, 18:18   Link #464
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Seems the series will be starting its final arc in August but I don't see how Boruto will be able to become that much stronger after the timeskip considering he has to face the Othsosuki members. At least Sarada unlocked the Mangekyo so she will be an ally alongside Sasuke.
Boruto pretty much mentioned all the reasons he's going to surpass everyone: he is Naruto's son, Minato's grandson, and he has Hyuuga blood. Perfect genetics. Add to that that Sasuke will be training him and I actually have a harder time imagining Kawaki will be able to keep up with him. He's relying 100% on Karma, while Boruto has Karma and everything else on top of it.

I was surprised how genuinely apologetic Eida was. She's a nice girl deep down. The reason she told Boruto was obviously just a way to keep face.

With Sumire being confirmed to be unaffected as well I guess being in love with an Ohtsutsuki is what made her and Sarada immune. Really the only thing they have in common.
Old 2023-04-21, 15:44   Link #465
Wandering Soul

I'm surprised that Eida was actually repentant about what happened. Even she has her limits and does seem to be a good person underneath it all.

Considering his lineage and teacher, Boruto will be a beast once his training finishes. Code and Kawaki will need some tricks up their sleeve.

I wonder how Sarada is going to deal with the blindness that comes with the Mangekyo.
Old 2023-04-21, 18:35   Link #466
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I wonder how Sarada is going to deal with the blindness that comes with the Mangekyo.
There's actually an easy solution: having Sakura ask Tsunade to implant Hashirama cells into her. Worked wonders for Obito, he abused the shit out of his Mangekyo and never suffered any side effect. Same with the Shin clones from the side-story.

It's in fact the only option she's got since the only person left with Sharingan is Sasuke and he only has one left.
Old 2023-04-24, 18:38   Link #467
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
There's actually an easy solution: having Sakura ask Tsunade to implant Hashirama cells into her. Worked wonders for Obito, he abused the shit out of his Mangekyo and never suffered any side effect. Same with the Shin clones from the side-story.

It's in fact the only option she's got since the only person left with Sharingan is Sasuke and he only has one left.
It's going to be the Strength of a Hundred Seal

I like the reveal of where Eida's infatuation powers came from and Momoshiki ranting over the failure of his plan to break Boruto's spirit was pretty funny.
Old 2023-04-25, 07:24   Link #468
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
It's going to be the Strength of a Hundred Seal
Oh right, I completely forgot that was supposed to be a plot point
Old 2023-07-17, 04:01   Link #469
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Ah yes, story of the legendary S-Rank jutsu, Ice Pop Inspired Nimbus Jiraiya Twin Whorl Sphere.

Its crazy how Kishimoto paneling became even better despite him rarely involved in work.
Old 2023-07-17, 06:29   Link #470
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It actually makes a lot of sense that Kushina was the one who named the Rasengan given we already knew Minato had a really weird naming sense.

On the other hand, we see that Kushina had bodyguards and wasn't normally allowed to go outside the village, so you really have to wonder why Naruto was left all by himself...
Old 2023-07-17, 07:44   Link #471
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

It's nice to see Kishimoto drawing for the first time after so many years. The artist from Retsuden was similar but the original one sure makes striking scenes. The scene when Kushina released a fourth tail and accidentally attacked Minato was brutal as heck.
Old 2023-07-17, 08:37   Link #472
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
On the other hand, we see that Kushina had bodyguards and wasn't normally allowed to go outside the village, so you really have to wonder why Naruto was left all by himself...
Well, Kushina handled full power Kurama, last of Uzumaki before Naruto born (got Uzumaki sealing jutsu knowledge as told here) and family of Hashirama through his marriage with Mito. She's packed, not only with political influence but also war asset potentially better than other Jinchuuriki.

Naruto only held 50% Kurama, no other value as a child, all while Sarutobi and Danzo reflect on how special treatment only exposed Kushina to Obito via traitors like Fugaku.

At least Itachi can attest Naruto is safe enough, undetected from other countries but from Akatsuki, which kinda solved by Jiraiya presence. Only by post time skip outsiders truly learned Naruto is Jinchuuriki, mainly thanks to Gaara who value Naruto highly.
Old 2023-07-17, 12:00   Link #473
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Well, Kushina handled full power Kurama, last of Uzumaki before Naruto born (got Uzumaki sealing jutsu knowledge as told here) and family of Hashirama through his marriage with Mito. She's packed, not only with political influence but also war asset potentially better than other Jinchuuriki.

Naruto only held 50% Kurama, no other value as a child, all while Sarutobi and Danzo reflect on how special treatment only exposed Kushina to Obito via traitors like Fugaku.

At least Itachi can attest Naruto is safe enough, undetected from other countries but from Akatsuki, which kinda solved by Jiraiya presence. Only by post time skip outsiders truly learned Naruto is Jinchuuriki, mainly thanks to Gaara who value Naruto highly.
Naruto was still a Uzumaki, not to mention the son of the beloved 4th Hokage. They even gave him the Uzumaki name despite the fact it was common knowledge that the previous two Jinchuurikis of Konoha were Uzumakis. Literally every adult in the village knew he was the new Jinchuuriki and hated him, so Sarutobi didn't isolate him to keep him safe from spies.

And 50% Kurama is still stronger than any of the other Bijuu. There was no one in Konoha who could actually beat him. Pain's greatest technique couldn't even hold 8 tails Kurama. If he ever got out, the village would have been absolutely fucked.
Old 2023-07-17, 20:10   Link #474
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Naruto was still a Uzumaki, not to mention the son of the beloved 4th Hokage. They even gave him the Uzumaki name despite the fact it was common knowledge that the previous two Jinchuurikis of Konoha were Uzumakis.
What make it obvious to other countries is never family name but is he/she related to Kage or not as shown by Gaara and B.

Yes, villagers hate him because he's the new Jinchuuriki, but no adult fully aware he's Minato and Kushina son except close aide like Ino, Shika, Cho family and people with connection to ANBU like Kakashi and Itachi. Uzumaki family name will not confirm anything until someone specifically mention he's Minato and Kushina son.
Old 2023-07-18, 06:22   Link #475
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
What make it obvious to other countries is never family name but is he/she related to Kage or not as shown by Gaara and B.

Yes, villagers hate him because he's the new Jinchuuriki, but no adult fully aware he's Minato and Kushina son except close aide like Ino, Shika, Cho family and people with connection to ANBU like Kakashi and Itachi. Uzumaki family name will not confirm anything until someone specifically mention he's Minato and Kushina son.
Uzamaki family name + born around the time Kushina was due + very close resemblance to Minato. The villagers would have to be dumb not to put two and two together. Readers guessed he was the 4th Hokage's son the very first time we saw his portrait
Old 2023-07-18, 09:50   Link #476
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Uzamaki family name + born around the time Kushina was due + very close resemblance to Minato. The villagers would have to be dumb not to put two and two together. Readers guessed he was the 4th Hokage's son the very first time we saw his portrait
Well, we saw multiple times that Konoha information control is good.

Especially during Kabuto flashback, where Danzo effectively ruined Kabuto hope for better future, followed by Orochimaru explained to him that Danzo is quick to dispose anyone who know too much. I imagine it applied to every case in Konoha that need extra secrecy (Jinchuriki, Uchiha Massacre); openly talking about it in public or trying to dig deeper is your ticket to get a visit from ANBU.

Kakashi and Yamato are former ANBU, after all, it fit.

Old 2023-07-19, 00:43   Link #477
Galaxian

Sarada's time skip design has been revealed.

Spoiler for :
Old 2023-07-19, 06:26   Link #478
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I guess Mitsuki's was leaked by that vision. Still I wonder if Boruto will already start wearing Sasuke's chokuto and or cape already
Old 2023-07-19, 21:20   Link #479
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Sarada's time skip design has been revealed.

Spoiler for :
And here I was thinking Sarada would start dressing less like a stripper post time skip.
Old 2023-07-20, 10:49   Link #480
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
And here I was thinking Sarada would start dressing less like a stripper post time skip.
Great. Another thing in common with My Hero Academia. They took the talk no jutsu and now Ikemoto keeps drawing more female characters less clothes. At least neither of these series can't take from Fate Prisma Illya

Still, the hiatus this manga took is kinda exaggerated considering it's monthly.

Tags
spoiler discussion, weekly spoiler discussion