AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2022-08-03, 16:24   Link #421
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yoru (it's a bit too on the nose, isn't it?) was really quick to bring up killing Yuko. There's another way her power works which explains the events of chapter 1: she can turn her kills into weapons, and the more guilty Asa feels, the stronger they'll be.

Bat Devil is back and Yoru says it's too strong for her at the moment so she must be in an even weaker state than I thought.

Denji saving the day next time? Or Yoshida, who skipped school because he was probably hunting devils?
Old 2022-08-03, 17:35   Link #422
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

This chapter definitely sets up the perfect opportunity to reintroduce Denji and also get him acquainted with Asa. Whether he'll return as a protagonist or simply become a supporting character in his own story [after all, the manga's title is still Chainsaw Man], I don't know.

Also good to know that Asa still retains some degree of control over Yoru. It creates an interesting dynamic where she won't need to be completely subservient to Yoru going forward. That'd also make things a bit boring imo if she constantly got strung along by Yoru's whims at every opportunity.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-16, 10:28   Link #423
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

A whopping 50 pages chapter!

Spoiler for 102:
Old 2022-08-16, 16:56   Link #424
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Denji letting those people die in exchange for prioritizing saving the cat is so in-character for him that if anyone were to complain about it, they still haven't grasped who he is as a character after all this time.

He'll literally only save people he's formed a genuine bond/attachment with. Dude could care less about some random civilians. Lmao Cockroach Devil grossly underestimated how much Denji doesn't give a fuck.

Asa's backstory is okay for the most part, but nothing too tragic. The most depressing part about it is her causing her own mother's death and I guess she will have that as common ground with Denji [he indirectly caused Aki's and Power's deaths and they more or less became his family figures] to build off of when they get acquainted.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2022-08-16, 17:53   Link #425
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
Denji letting those people die in exchange for prioritizing saving the cat is so in-character for him that if anyone were to complain about it, they still haven't grasped who he is as a character after all this time.
What I find odd is that no one in the manga is complaining about it. He let those people die, and the news simply reports he's once again proven to be a hero by saving that cat. I wonder if someone is manipulating information around him to make him appear more heroic than he is to weaken him.

On the topic of Asa, I'd say causing her own mother's death is pretty damn tragic.
Old 2022-08-16, 20:40   Link #426
Wandering Soul

Denji made his return sooner than I expected. I bet Cockroach was really surprised by Denji's answer to the old trolley problem .
Old 2022-08-16, 21:43   Link #427
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What I find odd is that no one in the manga is complaining about it. He let those people die, and the news simply reports he's once again proven to be a hero by saving that cat. I wonder if someone is manipulating information around him to make him appear more heroic than he is to weaken him.
I mean it's not like his reputation back when he was fighting against Makima was undone when he killed her. There's no reason for him to lose his popularity.

Losing your life against devils is also expected anyway.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-17, 05:31   Link #428
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Now that you mention it, I can see this possibly becoming a plot point in a future arc.

There's also the possibility that deaths caused by Devil attacks have become commonplace to the point that even the media has become desensitized to it.

I'm leaning more to the former as you stated tho. It'd perfectly explain why the media makes no mention of the civilian deaths.
Old 2022-08-17, 06:24   Link #429
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:

On the topic of Asa, I'd say causing her own mother's death is pretty damn tragic.
Maybe they need a J Jameson character.

You know the one complains a lot never stop about Chainsawman but everyone in manga is nearly scumbags so this guy must hate everyone.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-17, 07:03   Link #430
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I mean it's not like his reputation back when he was fighting against Makima was undone when he killed her. There's no reason for him to lose his popularity.

Losing your life against devils is also expected anyway.
If people witnessed him saving the cat, they also saw him doing nothing to save the student and the people in the car. You'd think someone would be critical of that.
Old 2022-08-17, 11:28   Link #431
Golden Lily

I always thought that Ripley in Alien was stupid for trying to rescue Jonesy, but not anymore.

Thanks Chainsaw Man, very cool.
Golden Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-17, 17:26   Link #432
Shadow5YA

Quote:
If people witnessed him saving the cat, they also saw him doing nothing to save the student and the people in the car. You'd think someone would be critical of that.
It's not like they had a hostage standoff situation where everyone would see that Denji had the time to think. The Cockroach Devil dropped them right away.

If you couldn't hear the dialogue, then it's not hard to interpret the situation as the the demon was going to kill them anyway so they were inevitable casualties.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2022-08-17 at 20:23.
Old 2022-08-30, 11:47   Link #433
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Denji has not changed a single bit. Yoshida was speechless when he heard his motives.

And damn, the manga really has switched to bi-weekly. That's a bummer.
Old 2022-08-30, 16:23   Link #434
Wandering Soul

Denji is still the same old guy. Not like I expected him to change at all. He's not going to make Yoshida's job easy.
Old 2022-08-30, 16:31   Link #435
Shadow5YA

Is Denji going to be manipulated again by another Chainsawman fanatic
Old 2022-08-30, 21:34   Link #436
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Virgini shounen MC : i am fighting for my friends.

Chad Denji : I am fighting to be popular with all girls.

Btw no mentions about Denji didnt saved the human huh.
Figure enough, if this was BnH world they probably already made fuss about that.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-13, 17:01   Link #437
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Denji seems to have become even dumber. There's no way he's taking good care of Nayuta.

Loved the joke about him eating Makima.
Old 2022-09-13, 17:48   Link #438
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

In all fairness, as dumb as he is, he's somewhat competent at conducting himself in a daily life setting. He's able to do chores, cook and takes care of Makima's dogs and Power's cat. Nayuta's in no immediate danger. Tho, she may have picked up some weird tendencies if Denji's the only role-model she has to look up to.

I'm also willing to bet he's at least able to prepare decent meals, seeing as he's had practice preparing Makima using a variety of cooking methods/styles.
Old 2022-09-13, 18:01   Link #439
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK-95- View Post
In all fairness, as dumb as he is, he's somewhat competent at conducting himself in a daily life setting. He's able to do chores, cook and takes care of Makima's dogs and Power's cat. Nayuta's in no immediate danger. Tho, she may have picked up some weird tendencies if Denji's the only role-model she has to look up to.

I'm also willing to bet he's at least able to prepare decent meals, seeing as he's had practice preparing Makima using a variety of cooking methods/styles.
Considering he's willing to be someone's chair for 10 minutes for only 100 yen, I worry about their finances. He was adamant he would only do it for girls so it could have been him being into femdom, but a 1000 yen bill was all it took to get him to change his mind. He's desperate for money.
Old 2022-09-13, 18:04   Link #440
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

You can take the kid off the streets, but you'll never take the streets out of the kid.

Having lived most of his formative years in poverty, he'll do just about anything as long as money's involved. I don't think he'll ever be normal again in terms of "logic, reasoning and worldview", but as far as his homemaking skills are concerned, he gets a passing mark.

Tags
chainsaw, demons, horror comedy, shounen