AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-11-06, 08:54   Link #421
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellen View Post
the murder of Tatemiya Saiji.
In the name of Othinus. I had to check it back since I remembered his name wrong. It sounded like "Tatemiya Sajin" in my head.
Now I understand the true meaning of the "A man dies when he is forgotten!" quote.
Old 2014-11-06, 18:46   Link #422
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

So we all agree Othinus is not a fairy but just mini-fied right? lol Lil'Othi!
Oh my dear Othinus I hope you get returned to normal, I love your legs for one. :P

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-08, 03:18   Link #423
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
So we all agree Othinus is not a fairy but just mini-fied right? lol Lil'Othi!
actually, isnt the purpose of the fairy-spell to use the same thing that happened to old gods, and use it on a majin?
that means that the same thing, the "being god and than turned into a fairy" thing was used on othinus and therefore she lost her powers...

technically, she should be a fairy now , or did i understood the description of the spell wrong?
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-08, 07:51   Link #424
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Othinus being 15 centimeters tall has nothing to do with the Fairy spell though.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-08, 07:57   Link #425
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

As r as I know the Fairy Spell got negated at the end of the Touma Othinus fight in NT10.
But the damage done wasn't.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-08, 12:46   Link #426
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Othinus being 15 centimeters tall has nothing to do with the Fairy spell though.
really? i thought that because fairys are mostly imagined as small flying beings, that she turned into thhat too...
but on the other hand, she said that "somehow" her remaining parts came together and formed her now existing body
what woul have happened if she was fully changed by the spell would be really interesting
actually, wouldnt the spell simply tranform her? it is not like the gods (at least a part of thhem) vanished completly after "turning into fairys", the same shhould apply to othinus via idol theory :/ not killing her but making her super-weak and chhange her body :I

@ravagerblade
Quote:
As r as I know the Fairy Spell got negated at the end of the Touma Othinus fight in NT10.
But the damage done wasn't.
than, what was the reason for touma not negating it directly after they escaped sarcasso if it killed her from the beginning wouldnt it be better to stop the destruction and save whatever he can?
maybe she would have only shrunk by 5-10 cm instead of the current version
Old 2014-11-08, 12:55   Link #427
Pablete
Banned

The answer is...

PIS.
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-08, 13:03   Link #428
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
than, what was the reason for touma not negating it directly after they escaped sarcasso if it killed her from the beginning wouldnt it be better to stop the destruction and save whatever he can?
maybe she would have only shrunk by 5-10 cm instead of the current version
Nope, the body destruction was already independent of the spell up to that point.
Using the spell damages her, but once damage is done her body won't stop crumbling anymore even if the spell is negated.
Othinus' Magic God body was already past the point of no return, that's why they needed to change her back into a human.

The only difference destroying it earlier would have made is Othinus not being able to go Magic God Mode in NT10's final chapter. And Kamachi would have had to create another excuse to stall Touma elsewhere until Othinus' body implodes.
Old 2014-11-08, 13:51   Link #429
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablete View Post
The answer is...

PIS.
Or he did it on purpose for some reason, that will tie into the Mini-Misaki + Mini-Frau + other shorter characters...

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-08, 16:52   Link #430
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

Quote:
And Kamachi would have had to create another excuse to stall Touma elsewhere until Othinus' body implodes.
....the possibilities!!..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablete View Post
The answer is...

PIS.
(゜-゜)

Quote:
Or he did it on purpose for some reason, that will tie into the Mini-Misaki + Mini-Frau + other shorter characters...
;-;
please, be only a ss...i don't want more issues on the "main " series continuity
Old 2014-11-08, 18:49   Link #431
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Nope, the body destruction was already independent of the spell up to that point.
Using the spell damages her, but once damage is done her body won't stop crumbling anymore even if the spell is negated.
Othinus' Magic God body was already past the point of no return, that's why they needed to change her back into a human.
ahhhh, ok, than it seems like i didnt get the spells affect correct.....
odd that a spell which is based on "tranforming gods into fairys" is being used for "desintegrating a god into nothingness"

Quote:
The only difference destroying it earlier would have made is Othinus not being able to go Magic God Mode in NT10's final chapter. And Kamachi would have had to create another excuse to stall Touma elsewhere until Othinus' body implodes.
i agree with dazo... the possibilities!! :/
Old 2014-11-08, 20:51   Link #432
LazyHunter

Quote:
odd that a spell which is based on "tranforming gods into fairys" is being used for "desintegrating a god into nothingness"
Othinus explicitely says her new size is because someone (the true Gremlin) gathered what little remained of her body and put it together. Fairies weren't originally small winged humanoids, that's just how they are depicted in modern culture.

The "transform a god into a fairy" was just the base of the spell (Idol Theory), its purpose and effect was depowering a god not destroying its body. (you don't see Ollerus' body crumbling away). Othinus' body being destroyed is because she used the fairy spell to create Gungnir and become a perfect Magic God.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-09, 07:59   Link #433
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Just like Lazyhunter above said, the destruction isn't caused by the spell itself, it's a side effect of Othinus using the spell for her own benefits. (ie : she brought it on herself.)
Old 2014-11-09, 10:23   Link #434
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
Othinus explicitely says her new size is because someone (the true Gremlin) gathered what little remained of her body and put it together. Fairies weren't originally small winged humanoids, that's just how they are depicted in modern culture.

The "transform a god into a fairy" was just the base of the spell (Idol Theory), its purpose and effect was depowering a god not destroying its body. (you don't see Ollerus' body crumbling away). Othinus' body being destroyed is because she used the fairy spell to create Gungnir and become a perfect Magic God.
Quote:
Just like Lazyhunter above said, the destruction isn't caused by the spell itself, it's a side effect of Othinus using the spell for her own benefits. (ie : she brought it on herself.)
ahh, thanks
Old 2014-12-11, 13:00   Link #435
desrtsku
Nympholept

Then, how about Sawashiro?
Or that new VA that's been getting some leading roles recently. What's her name again? ... Sora Amamiya?
Old 2014-12-11, 13:02   Link #436
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Then, how about Sawashiro?
Or that new VA that's been getting some leading roles recently. What's her name again? ... Sora Amamiya?
How about Haya-Haya-Hayamin?
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-12, 09:50   Link #437
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Tags
characters, hot magic god