AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2021-08-12, 11:34   Link #401
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Got C1 Mona in 81 pulls, then Yoimiya after another 10 pull. C2 Sayu and Diona is now C6.
Yoimiya is...underwhelming. Bow aiming is whack so you still need to get close to enemies. She does decent damage but only single target. And burst isn't that good as well even in a group.
Her damage isn't exactly the biggest issue. Rather, her kit is extremely bland because there is barely any "interactivity" so to speak.
The Elemental skill is basically a elemental damage "stance" that doesn't alterate her gameplay. Meanwhile, her burst is awkward and force her to swap out (which is kind of silly in situations where her burst is charged but needs to do her skill - NA rotation, wasting energy in the process).
Damage wise, she isn't far from what Hu Tao C0 without Homa can do, but it isn't really anything to write home about if her gameplay is that stale. I think that they wasted too much time on her design and animations without revising the inherent gameplay concept.
Old 2021-08-12, 19:15   Link #402
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Got C1 Mona in 81 pulls, then Yoimiya after another 10 pull. C2 Sayu and Diona is now C6.
Yoimiya is...underwhelming. Bow aiming is whack so you still need to get close to enemies. She does decent damage but only single target. And burst isn't that good as well even in a group. I pulled for her since she's cute and voiced by Ueda Kana but for anyone wanting to use her in Abyss should just pass. Pull for her if you like her and not if you need her. I have no regrets but she's kinda disappointing. How did this pass in beta testing? Did they focus too much on Ayaka or maybe no one knew how to balance Yoimiya at all.
Her damage is more than decent. People see the individual numbers and go "Oh, that's about the same as top DPS but no aoe~" and completely ignore that she's outputting that damage about 4x faster than any of the other top dps. Sure, there's no AoE, but she's still great at annihilating enemies.

The burst is atrocious though. And yes, they focused too much on Ayaka because there's definitely flaws in her kit (mostly her burst).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Her damage isn't exactly the biggest issue. Rather, her kit is extremely bland because there is barely any "interactivity" so to speak.
The Elemental skill is basically a elemental damage "stance" that doesn't alterate her gameplay. Meanwhile, her burst is awkward and force her to swap out (which is kind of silly in situations where her burst is charged but needs to do her skill - NA rotation, wasting energy in the process).
Damage wise, she isn't far from what Hu Tao C0 without Homa can do, but it isn't really anything to write home about if her gameplay is that stale. I think that they wasted too much time on her design and animations without revising the inherent gameplay concept.
It actually doesn't require a switch-out. Fischl, Beidou, Xingqiu, Electro MC, Albedo, Zhongli, etc. Anyone who can do damage off field can trigger it while Yoimiya remains on the field.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-14, 06:05   Link #403
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
It sad though Mihoyo might will never fix her kit like Zhongli.

She not exactly big matter in the community, chance of her rerun is low. Maybe she will put to standard banner eventually, come to think again we havent heard any news for new standard banner?
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-14, 06:47   Link #404
GDB

Pretty sure if a character is stated to be limited, without a clause saying something like subject to change (none of these 5-stars have said clause), they can't really make them not limited.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-14, 15:04   Link #405
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

I have this idea for a Yoimiya build... It's a bit niche but who knows, it might work.

Basically, put 4-piece Thundering Fury on Yoimiya and pair her with an Electro character, preferably C6 Fischl. The idea behind this is to make use of the set's cooldown reduction to reduce the downtime of Yoimiya's skill. Using Fischl's Oz, and the constant overloads triggered, it could possibly remove enough cooldown to use the skill again.

Sounds good in theory, but only testing can show how good it really is.

I don't have Yoimiya...or primogems, so I'm posting the idea here.
Old 2021-08-15, 19:06   Link #406
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Pretty sure if a character is stated to be limited, without a clause saying something like subject to change (none of these 5-stars have said clause), they can't really make them not limited.
These companies all have fine print somewhere saying they can do whatever they want with their game at any time.

The real limiting factor would be fan backlash from people who pulled Yoimiya because they thought they wouldn't have the chance later.

That, and the potential to harm future sales of 5-stars because fans might think "limited" doesn't really mean "limited" and lose all sense of urgency. Then start hounding Mihoyo for their character.

So no, they won't un-limited Yoimiya, but not because they can't.
Old 2021-08-17, 19:32   Link #407
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
These companies all have fine print somewhere saying they can do whatever they want with their game at any time.

The real limiting factor would be fan backlash from people who pulled Yoimiya because they thought they wouldn't have the chance later.

That, and the potential to harm future sales of 5-stars because fans might think "limited" doesn't really mean "limited" and lose all sense of urgency. Then start hounding Mihoyo for their character.

So no, they won't un-limited Yoimiya, but not because they can't.
I think that GDB may be alluding to a rather famous situation with the Idolmaster Cinderella Girls mobile game where they forgot the fine-print once and only called the characters time-limited without any suggestion they could come back in the future. It took them many years until they finally came up with a contrivance where they felt legally that they could re-release them. (Eventually I think the solution was the motion graphics addition, so the version of characters you could pull from then on was not exactly the same as the one you could pull before anymore since it had this new feature.)

In this case, the distinction they're making is between "non-event-exclusive" characters and weapons that appear on the Standard wish, and "event-exclusive" that don't appear there. They even specify that event-exclusive characters don't appear in the "standard wish 'Wanderlust Invocation'."

So to be consistent with the fine print in this case, they almost certainly will not add these characters to Wanderlust Invocation standard (permanent) wish, but there are a lot of other things they could do:

1) They could create a second "permanent event wish" with a different name to house old event-exclusive characters (for example, a "Year One" banner).

2) They could create a banner like the above, but instead of being permanent, it just reappears periodically. (Perhaps using something like the "path" system they added to the weapon banner.)

3) They could add old event-exclusive characters to the pool for new event banners (e.g., when you lose the 50/50).

4) They could create an alternative version of a character to go in the Standard Banner. (For example, the current Yoimiya is "Frolicking Flames Yoimiya (Pyro)", so they could make a re-skinned Yoimiya with a slightly different outfit, skills, or element.)

In general, I think that as long as enough time has passed since the initial release and the eventual re-release in some form, complaints won't be that bad. You already have people now saying "I'll just wait until the re-run" for characters, so I don't think it'll change much if they become slightly more available again some time later. (If anything, if they don't become available again later, it'll cause more complaints from people who missed them.)

Of the options above, I'm kind of thinking they might do either 2 or 3, but I guess we'll see.
Old 2021-08-18, 10:43   Link #408
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It isn't like they need to do anything complicated to handle this: they can simply abolish Wanderlust and creates a new standard banner that periodically includes old limited run characters. Nothing imposes that every banner has to be permanent or left untouched during the whole lifecycle of a gacha game.
And since they made a very loose clause for the current limited characters, it is easily circumvented and the fanbase is unlikely to go ham against that.
Old 2021-08-19, 03:20   Link #409
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
This version's Mechanicus is mostly mono-element cheese. Especially Anemo.
Old 2021-08-19, 06:32   Link #410
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
This version's Mechanicus is mostly mono-element cheese. Especially Anemo.
I didn't like it the first time round so I'm not bothering. I'd even forgotten it was running until you mentioned it.
Old 2021-08-19, 23:52   Link #411
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

2.2 leaks allege a rerun of Ganyu. Dammit.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-20, 00:17   Link #412
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

If that true then i will skip her.
I don't have Ganyu, i have heard how broken she is but she not really interest me.
Old 2021-08-20, 23:32   Link #413
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
It isn't like they need to do anything complicated to handle this: they can simply abolish Wanderlust and creates a new standard banner that periodically includes old limited run characters. Nothing imposes that every banner has to be permanent or left untouched during the whole lifecycle of a gacha game.
And since they made a very loose clause for the current limited characters, it is easily circumvented and the fanbase is unlikely to go ham against that.
Well... they have to be a bit careful here too, because the fineprint of Wanderlust clearly calls it a "permanent" banner (and not even like "indefinite" or "until further notice" but just "permanent"). Nothing really "imposes" that the banner has to be permanent except for the fact they specifically said so. Obviously they can add to it, and they have, but if they just one day decide to remove it and replace it with something else, they'd at least need to give a lot of notice. People are casually building up pity on that banner with the free pulls, so unless they could transfer that pity counter to the new permanent banner, it'd at least have to be done with care.

Again, not saying they couldn't... but at the very least the way they've phrased things is a lot more "closed" than you would normally see in other gacha games that are purposefully careful about phrasing.

In any event... I'm looking forward to 2.1 after all the reveals today. A good number of people seemed to have gotten themselves overly excited about potential for a generous anniversary event, but it doesn't surprise me that they played more conservative this year given that the patch otherwise is fairly content-rich.
Old 2021-08-25, 06:39   Link #414
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diluc View Post
If that true then i will skip her.
I don't have Ganyu, i have heard how broken she is but she not really interest me.
Same. I've heard and seen her brokenness but I just don't like archers. The little I played of her in her story quest and trial didn't persuade me otherwise.
Old 2021-08-25, 16:07   Link #415
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
Same. I've heard and seen her brokenness but I just don't like archers. The little I played of her in her story quest and trial didn't persuade me otherwise.
Then there's also the fact that come next week, there's will be three Cryo archers in the mix (at least for those who play the game on the Playstation).
Old 2021-08-25, 17:39   Link #416
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Aloy is mostly a clutch character for those who are without Ganyu and need a cryo archer.
Old 2021-08-26, 00:49   Link #417
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

PV of the Glorious Leader

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-26, 03:30   Link #418
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

No voice only sadness and gesture D :
Old 2021-08-26, 07:11   Link #419
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I expected electro mommy highlights, instead I got feels.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-26, 09:01   Link #420
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Btw we don't get any leak of Baal, Sara, Kokomi voicelines yet.
Usually we already get the leak around this date, the fact we don't get yet mean Mihoyo do not want to disclose any information regarding upcoming character until launching date.

Tags
gacha game, genshin impact