Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2020-01-06, 11:44   Link #381
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Nico video held a survey among their users asking when they did their recap specials:

Which characters in episodes 0-11 was your favorite?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And which episode was your favorite?
1. Episode 5 (Gilgamesh's journey).
2. Episode 8 (The Mother of Demonic Beasts).
3. Episode 0 (Initium Iter).
4. Episode 9 (Good Morning, Goddess of Venus).
5. Episode 11 (Temple of the Sun).
The heroine is so low
Gilgamesh and Ishtar were a given, but I didn't think Ana and Romani would be above her as well.
Old 2020-01-06, 11:58   Link #382
GDB

Well, she isn't flashy. Flashy will always garner more new fans.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-06, 14:46   Link #383
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The heroine is so low
Gilgamesh and Ishtar were a given, but I didn't think Ana and Romani would be above her as well.
Yeah, I expected Mashu to be 3rd or 2nd after Gilgamesh, it depended or not Rin fans and Fate anime fans would lean on the vote to Ishtar (plus the studio was biased in how they presented her). But my big surprise was Ana placing so high, since she was so overlooked character and not a fan favorite. I expected Merlin or Kingu instead there. I guess nico anime polls are very different to what I'm used to. I recall Kiritsugu beating those polls when Fate/Zero aired whereas you expect Iskandar or Saber to win them.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-06, 20:26   Link #384
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Despite being a fairly capable fighter, Ana is a cinnamon bun that must be protected too.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-07, 06:04   Link #385
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Nico video held a survey among their users asking when they did their recap specials:

Which characters in episodes 0-11 was your favorite?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And which episode was your favorite?
1. Episode 5 (Gilgamesh's journey).
2. Episode 8 (The Mother of Demonic Beasts).
3. Episode 0 (Initium Iter).
4. Episode 9 (Good Morning, Goddess of Venus).
5. Episode 11 (Temple of the Sun).
Merlin not there.......whut lol, that was unexpected
Old 2020-01-07, 10:54   Link #386
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Merlin not there.......whut lol, that was unexpected
He was sixth. But yeah I expected the top 5 to include Merlin and not Ana.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2020-01-07, 18:08   Link #387
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Loli power is not to be underestimated.
Old 2020-01-11, 12:45   Link #388
Side-streetdog

Ep 13
And the best girl finally get full reveal!!
Old 2020-01-11, 13:13   Link #389
4th Dimension

After half way point, this turns into "My DEATH GODDESS can't be this cute"

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-11, 17:57   Link #390
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Ishtar vs Fou size comparison... That's how people must usually feel when encountering him

Also anyone else had to chuckle when Ishtar described herself as "bountiful"?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-11, 19:48   Link #391
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So Ereshkigal was just trying to save humanity her own way. And it turns out she's completely dere. They may have the same vessel but she's different from Ishtar. NotKotomine cutting her in half was shocking but of course she was just fine. The dude can cut concepts, reminds me of someone else. Shouldn't he do the same for Quetzalcoatl?

Mash actually won a fight! Wow! It took a long time, but it finally happened.

Kingu was apparently created from Enkidu's "corpse". Not really a big surprise there.
Old 2020-01-11, 20:04   Link #392
Wandering Soul

New Goddess acquired!
Old 2020-01-11, 20:54   Link #393
Random14

I wish this adaptation wouldn't take things so seriously, I think they drained almost all the humor from this encounter. Not that it matters that much, since dere Ereshkigal is the main event but still.

And yay, another goddess added to the Ritsuka harem. Although at least Mash doesn't have to worry about her joining the group quite yet. Is Mash going to need a command spell every time to use her Noble Phantasm at full power? At least she finally won a battle.

Aside from the big battle, that was actually a pretty funny trip to the underworld. Now its back to Uruk to prepare for the big battle. Too bad I doubt Ritsuka's charms will work on the giant snake goddess.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-12, 00:02   Link #394
Frontier

Once again Ritsuka is able to see past a Goddesses bluster and understand their true intentions in order to sway them to his side .

Lord Camelot! It was nice to see Mash finally let loose and win a fight. Totally worth a Command Seal .

Ereshkigal isn't just a new pretty face to add to the cast, she's also way too adorable when she's embarrassed .

Ishtar and Ereshkigal aren't just two Rin's for the price of one, but they also feel like bickering sisters. Also feels like they both embody some of Rin's cutest and most endearing traits .

I totally thought not!Kirei had revealed his true evil colors, but I guess he is on the side of helping our heroes...? Or at least their objectives seem to align right now .

Ereshkigal joins the Hare...I mean, party! Or at least she will when the timing is right .

So Enkidu's body isn't in the Underworld...I guess either Ereshkigal either gave it to Tiamat as part of the Alliance or (given the concern Ereshkigal had for Enkidu) Tiamat took his body so she could use it to make Kingu .

Last edited by Frontier; 2020-01-12 at 00:14.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-12, 19:32   Link #395
Thess

Not sure why you expect him to be an enemy. Merlin heeded his words when Ritsuka passed his message. "NotKirei" introduced himself as Ziusudra in the past. The anime cut up Merlin and Roman chat about the significance of this. Roman explains he's akin to Noah of the Old Testament and others deluge heroes:

Quote:
That man witnessed the end of the world, and became the gatekeeper of the Abyss. He is the one who raises the alarm for the world's ending. In other words, he is the one that has seen all things die.
There's the possibility that isn't his real name according to Merlin, but they discuss that name would still hold a weight and assume his identity is still similar.

Old 2020-01-12, 21:37   Link #396
Frontier

Quote:
Not sure why you expect him to be an enemy. Merlin heeded his words when Ritsuka passed his message. "NotKirei" introduced himself as Ziusudra in the past. The anime cut up Merlin and Roman chat about the significance of this. Roman explains he's akin to Noah of the Old Testament and others deluge heroes:

There's the possibility that isn't his real name according to Merlin, but they discuss that name would still hold a weight and assume his identity is still similar.
It's just I hear Jouji Nakata and immediately brace for some "Yorokobe Shonen" .
Old 2020-01-13, 01:45   Link #397
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Ereshkigal is just precious and adorable. Going full dere once the fighting portion was settled. All the more so since her "behold my terrible form" was totally pointless since Fujimaru already knew what she looked like.

It did allow for a good fight. Mash was allowed to take center stage here with Gilgamesh providing more support fire from a distance. Plus, she got to go all out and triumphed.

That scene of her getting chopped was pretty shocking even knowing it was coming. Just a smile and then...slash. I did appreciate that Ishtar got pissed and went right in on the attack against someone that could one-shot Ereshkigal within her own domain. May not be the sharpest Goddess in the world, but her heart is in the right place.
Old 2020-01-18, 18:20   Link #398
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ana's identity finally revealed, to one's surprise. She surmised even Ritsuka had figured it out. I wonder how powerful she'll be with her "restraints" off. I didn't get the whole story with the old lady being blind and yet still able to tell Ana was beautiful and usually hid her face under her hood and what not.

Kingu and Quetzalcoalt's fight was pretty good.
Old 2020-01-18, 23:34   Link #399
Frontier

Ana actually looks so cute with her hood down. It was really nice to see, coupled with her smile .

Ritsuka's talk with Merlin was pretty interesting, especially in light of what it says about Merlin and Gilgamesh. They don't necessarily care about humanity, but they love enough about humanity and what it can achieve to want to protect it. Even Merlin wanting to see humanity's end, a somewhat morbid thought, is positive in that he wants their end to be a happy one .

Leonidas is remembered .

Quetzalcoatl vs. Kingu was pretty nice, and it was great to finally see that smug smirk wiped off of Kingu's face as he fought someone he realized he couldn't outright defeat .

Merlin being Merlin, making Quetzalcoatl think she could just throw the axe towards them and avoid punishment for defying the alliance...only to still get zapped for her trouble .

Ana embraces her true self as the younger, innocent, self of the Medusa we all know and love, and awakens her Medusa Eyes to use in the battle against Gorgon, who is utterly repulsed at the sight of her younger incarnation .

It's time for the final battle! Although we've still got, what, 7-8 episodes left so I doubt they're going to just finish with Gorgon and call it a day. We've still got showdowns with Kingu and evil Ushiwaka to look forward to as well .
Old 2020-01-18, 23:58   Link #400
Random14

Ana's so adorable. Its too bad we haven't seen her without her hood much, but yeah, her situation is complicated. Babylonia's actually got lots of different versions of the same person (Ana and Gorgon, Ishtar and Ereshkigal, arguably Enkidu and Kingu).

Too bad there wasn't a flashback to the First Order episode, since another version of Medusa was there as a mini-boss fight. Not like Ana's identity was much of a secret by now anyway.

I was a bit surprised the suicida moment wasn't bigger and flashier. In game Ritsuka and Mash heard it from their location, because it was just that loud (being divine punishment and all). Well, of course Quetz gets depowered quite a bit but Merlin's always funny with his tricks (you can probably add Quetz onto the "kill Merlin" list).

With Ana's full power unlocked now (nice detail with the eyes) I hope she can really show her stuff next episode. This is what she's been waiting for all series.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote