AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 23 23.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 21.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 21.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 21.43%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 9.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.02%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.04%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-10-22, 20:21   Link #21
BlueDo

I'm glad I didn't know what would happen.
This is making the episode more enjoyable.
Hell yeah, more magician fights coming up!
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 20:28   Link #22
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The animation and sound effects were the problem with the take-downs. It's not unlikely, but it's portrayed with so little 'umph!' to the scene, more like a play-tackle than a spearing dive. It seems to be a consistent matter with episode 3, really. The overall storyboarding wasn't as great as it could had been. It's partly due to the hectic pace, but the way it's presented did not give a strong, hard-hitting impression overall.

The cross-on-neck scene was nice though.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 20:33   Link #23
Not Random
看著看著你來來去去

I found the animation was kind of spotty at times but it was really enjoyable overall. I was kind of hoping to see more Itsuwa but it seems my dreams have been crushed.

And Lucia... wow. Just wow.
Old 2010-10-22, 20:43   Link #24
Texas84
よろしく

Good action-filled episode. Seemed to last about 5 minutes.

Biribiri wa doko desu ka
Texas84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 20:46   Link #25
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Random View Post
I was kind of hoping to see more Itsuwa but it seems my dreams have been crushed.

And Lucia... wow. Just wow.
Don't give up, try to bear it until next week!
And I think it's early enough I think since at this point of the story, at least in the novel, she wasn't introduced yet at all.

I think she makes a great opposite to her partner.
Evil, tall, aggressive.
Angelene is kind, shy and a loli.

Yay for cuteness.
Old 2010-10-22, 21:03   Link #26
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I never realized that Lucia can be a Yangire for non-believers.

"I'VE BEEN TOUCHED BY A NON-BELIEVER! DIE! DIE! DIE!!!!!"
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 21:07   Link #27
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I never realized that Lucia can be a Yangire for non-believers.

"I'VE BEEN TOUCHED BY A NON-BELIEVER! DIE! DIE! DIE!!!!!"
DIE THE DEATH! SENTENCE TO DEATH! THE GREAT EQUALISER IS THE DEATH!

oh wait...wrong series. xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 21:11   Link #28
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Nice to see some animated battles. I liked how Touma used his wits to win his fights. There were some hiccups with the animation, but an otherwise enjoyable episode.
I forgot about the Lucia going crazy part. Surprised me when it happened.
Old 2010-10-22, 21:12   Link #29
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

The animation this episode was a bit spotty, but I'm assuming it's because the staff have decided to save the more budget intensive episodes for later on this season (know what I'm talking about -_^). So far, it feels like the staff has been treating this second season as just a continuation of S1, not making special accommodations even though it's the beginning of the season. They really wasted no time on reintroducing stuff and moved right into the story after animating an event they skipped in S1, and instead of making the beginning of this season look brilliant they're just treating it like it continued off of episode 24 and is now at 27. The animation and art for the beginning of this season has not been on par with the beginning of Index S1, which is probably because the staff believes it's better to spend according to the arc rather than superficial stuff like "make the beginning of the season look good no matter what and just leave everything else to look crappy). Personally, I'm happy they're acting on an arc-basis.
Old 2010-10-22, 21:25   Link #30
Xenosnake
Badass

Orsola was surprisingly cute in this. Waiting for some bondage nun pics.
Xenosnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 21:27   Link #31
Francismeunier
Banned

Thumbs up What a plot twist and betrayal near the end!

This episode was twisting at first you think the Amakusa are the problem but it's the nuns that betray! WOW! Is what I have to say! I will start with first half then second half.
First Half!
Ironic as it started all these nuns with spears kind of did not add up. I though it was more the Roman times which fits the RCC part of Roman. From here on.....took a liking to Angelene and Lucia. Nice special effects in particularly here due to Magnus' magic trick into being...how to say this in a phasing mode. I am assuming this cross is of the Roman Catholic or is more Gothic type? Not sure but it looks rather nice! Ok what the heck is this tool box thing? Yeah I know somebody made a GIF of this but this needs something to clarify...that would be Touma's first breast molest by subduing the enemy. Oh Touma you even with the enemy.

Now we all know that Touma is sometimes lucky enough to have Ursula wipe his sweat with ehr handkerchief. I find hard to believe it but does it not look like Ursula here (pay attention to the details to her lips also) wants a kiss? Strange I though nuns only serve God and don't want kiss. Now this part of the almost kiss was way too almost kiss. I think Touma might have gone from bad luck to hellish luck. A rather nice show of the books and killed knights! It caught my attention due to its depiction.
Second Half!

All though Index looks rather cute here! Someone suggests that it can be though has something else with a something GIF made of it. Holy crap! Kanzaki slaying some crazy black Hydra as a white priestess? Now that looks nice! Now somehow Angelene and Lucia look much better! Lucia especially since I see some of her zettai ryouiki!
WTF with Lucia's face here=>
OMG! You guys remember that Golem part from first season? Well Index exactly around this part chants the same spell that backfires magic! Angelene's magic, which was interesting with those pouches, was thrown back at her. Good thing she stopped them. Saiji was pretty good to with his attacks and nice sword as in its design!
Preview for next episode!
I so want to see the index part under the spoiler below!
Spoiler:

Episode is 10/10!
The fan service in the first part can be forgotten with the amazing action and the second half! Who though Angelene and Lucia would attack Touma suddenly and wound him of all things! Just another WOW! Nice twist and plot development!
GIF time!
Touma's punch on Saiji!

Touma being betrayed by Angelene!

Ursula's fan service!

These are all reduced but on BLOG they are full versions here=> http://francismeunier.blogspot.com/2...episode-3.html

Last edited by Francismeunier; 2010-10-22 at 22:07.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 22:07   Link #32
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

For something that loves to be complicated, why does it lack on the simple stuff...
For instance... Well, the fact only one person (the girl) separated from the group to attack Touma was only just a but... the scene with Style (I forgot how to spell his name...)... In one shot, he's on the ground and wounded, the next show, he's standing up and ready to fight... Talk about

Also, the fight... Talk about low tension... Didn't heat up at all.
The last development with some character that really didn't get any character development or anything just suddenly going hysteric and attacking a little before something happens at the end was... mmm...... Well, let's see how it ends, I guess.

PS: I keep staring at Agneus or whatever's legs in the OP...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 22:14   Link #33
Francismeunier
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
For something that loves to be complicated, why does it lack on the simple stuff...
For instance... Well, the fact only one person (the girl) separated from the group to attack Touma was only just a but... the scene with Style (I forgot how to spell his name...)... In one shot, he's on the ground and wounded, the next show, he's standing up and ready to fight... Talk about
Just hope they fix that in the BDs like they show the group of the girl being busy with something and it's Magnus Stiyl his full name. Magnus in the BD should just be around but with more visible wounds instead of having nothing on him. Is what I think.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 22:15   Link #34
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.

After looking at this episode, I had to conclude one thing from the last one...

Orsola seems to be very forgetful.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 22:19   Link #35
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Haihai, agree with less-than-epic animation for this episode, but let's face it- We all saw that one coming.

The flow of this episode felt weird for one, it's sort of like they're just rushing it through to get to the next part as fast as sensibly possible. Alot of stuff didn't have as much impact as I felt it in the Novel, the tag-team fight with Stiyl and especially the Nun's betrayal. I mean, sure you can sort of get the hint, but it never really struck you until Saiji said-

"Why would the largest and most powerful Christian Faction want to end the age of Christianity?"

-Then you go "Oh yeah... That's right..." And then Touma starts to flashback about all those specific questions that Orsula had asked him about his relation to the factions.

Oh, and I never did figure out what was Saiji's magic trick...

Haihai, history lesson coming up, let me just gather my notes...

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2010-10-22 at 22:33.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 22:34   Link #36
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Just hope they fix that in the BDs like they show the group of the girl being busy with something and it's Magnus Stiyl his full name. Magnus in the BD should just be around but with more visible wounds instead of having nothing on him. Is what I think.
FYI Stiyl is his first name. I saw you refer to him as Magnus and now you're calling him Magnus Stiyl. If you're trying to use traditional Japanese name order for him, then don't, as he is British.
Old 2010-10-22, 22:37   Link #37
outerelf

I personally was hoping for the lines where Touma says, "Do I look that carefree to come all this way for a book?" To be delivered with more impact. That was a funny line in the novel, and it's too bad it was made into something a little less funny.
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 23:04   Link #38
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
girl point of view? but I rarely or rather I haven't seen a fan girl of touma yet. Accelerator had a lots and one of the member here is a living proof of it.
You wouldn't just happen to be talking about me, right? But seriously, TOUMA IS NOT A PRETTY BOY. They should keep the same character designs as season 1 because that fits Touma much better than the unidentified pretty boy we see here...

The pacing was a bit too fast for my liking, the animation was inconsistent and not up to par at times, and some scenes really did not have as much impact like they did in the light novel. Plus, what was with that Touma glomp attack on Uragami?

I just hope that they'll put the budget into the end of this arc, or else I'll be really disappointed.
Old 2010-10-22, 23:24   Link #39
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i started having my doubts about the quality after seeing that j.c staff have like 5 series this season, the episode had some weird scenes, but i wouldnt judge until seeing them in a beeter resolution, but the scene before the op was very weird the characters looked weird, and over the episode there were some design inconsitencies(like i cant help seeing the accelerator in the ending just like kota from baka to test), they probably did the fast pacing probably because this isnt such an important arc, its sad to see that the quality isnt on par with S1 but still pretty good.
zeniselv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 23:37   Link #40
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Its Mugen from Samurai Champloo!!!
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote