AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-11-21, 07:26   Link #21
McMilk
*Artist

Is anyone as confused as I am? I literally dropped the controller and went "THAT'S IT!? WTF JUST HAPPENED?!?!" at the end...
Old 2010-11-21, 11:50   Link #22
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Has anyone tried the multiplayer yet ?

Its broken and makes absolutely NO sense when your playing it.

Its meant to be stealth based in that you don't know who your attacker is going to be meaning you have to be smart by hiding in groups of people or in hiding places dotted around the map yet most of the time the game just flags up your location for all to see completely removing any advantage you had which seems baffling when your well hidden amongst a group of npc's. The same goes for when your sneaking up on a target only to have a giant red diamond appear above your head letting your target know your on your way to stick a knife in his ass which is again completely baffling.

Stealth seems completely pointless leaving the only effective means to take other players down is to run about aimlessly until the game flags up a player doing his best to hide.

Really disappointing.

The SP on the other hand I'm loving so far although its really just more of the same except the combat is way more fluid meaning you can chain some pretty awesome kill movies togeather and Rome itself beautifully detailed and is just hugggeeeee.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 11:53   Link #23
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Has anyone tried the multiplayer yet ?

Its broken and makes absolutely NO sense when your playing it.
You sure you just aren't doing it wrong? Most other people I've talked to have nothing but praise for the multiplayer.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 13:45   Link #24
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Its pretty straight forward as to what your suppose to do and how its suppose to work but having your cover blown randomly irrespective of what your doing and what team your on makes little since me.

A good example occurred earlier in which another player was running away ahead of me whist I was hiding in a walking group of NPC's while following someone else when for no apparent reason he gets a red diamond above his head and I get a messaged flagged on screen to tell me I was being pursued at which point I just dived into a hay-bale before he'd even turned around so the "pursuit" was over in meer seconds but it goes to show one of the problems it has.

Its an novel idea and all but I think it could do with some work.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 01:01   Link #25
KrimzonStriker

I don't know, it mostly seems to only work when you're being obvious, like running right at them from the front that the pursuer gets lit up. Subtle assassin killing is still very plausible after watching several games where people only need to walk up slowly and then slit their throat before they know what's going on. Plus, it sounds like your pursuer was stupid more then anything, the hay trick only ever works if you had a good lead to begin with in order to give it time to set it, most times they manage to figure out your location with the compass and jump right in after you. Scoring priorities for things like stealth or high-diving kills gives out the right incentives, though of course if ones possibly going to lose the kill it makes more sense to just get low points then no points, speed also matters since you never know when they'll run, who might come kill you, or who might take out your target before you can.

The whole concept to me is a game of cat in mouse, not meant to be particularly calm or eventful but a conglomerate of it all at once depending on how you want to play. Certainly needs to work on some bugs though, like add it so NPC's walk on the rooftops, maybe a compass scrambler, that said I think it seems pretty fun for the most part.
Old 2010-11-22, 03:54   Link #26
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

That ending was too much "lol wat?" for me. But the game was still pretty damn good. Here's hoping the next one finally takes place entirely in modern times.

I gotta see me a futuristic technologically advanced Assassin.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-22, 18:26   Link #27
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I gotta see me a futuristic technologically advanced Assassin.
You could take a shot at creating one in the Deus Ex games (I'm considering picking up HR when it lands): all three have, as I recall, augmentations and weapons that aid being a Sneaky Basterd. Still, the fieldcraft wouldn't have changed all that much...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 19:43   Link #28
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I just beat the game. It was very memorable and I love the game. Even though it was only set up in one place, it was a huge environment. The gameplay is even more fun and now your enemy is smarter and clever. I think the best part of this game is where you get to train and assemble your own brotherhood and then sending them for contract killing or assist for help. That's one of my favorite part anyway. On a random note, I made one my recruit to be a master assassin, and then she just died on me. I was frustrated.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 19:47   Link #29
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

never happened to me, i got all my assassins to max rank.
Old 2010-11-27, 20:18   Link #30
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
never happened to me, i got all my assassins to max rank.
I think mine was because she fell and then ended fighting a bunch of guards. But really, it was unexpected and she was an on the max ranking. Oh well, it was a waste.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 20:54   Link #31
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
I think mine was because she fell and then ended fighting a bunch of guards. But really, it was unexpected and she was an on the max ranking. Oh well, it was a waste.
yea shit happens =\ luckly you can recruit more and level them fast if you have a good amount of high lvls.

I was stupid at the beginning, i sent them on suicide missions thinking they would just fail and return... not die XD
Old 2010-11-27, 23:18   Link #32
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
I just beat the game. It was very memorable and I love the game. Even though it was only set up in one place, it was a huge environment. The gameplay is even more fun and now your enemy is smarter and clever. I think the best part of this game is where you get to train and assemble your own brotherhood and then sending them for contract killing or assist for help. That's one of my favorite part anyway. On a random note, I made one my recruit to be a master assassin, and then she just died on me. I was frustrated.
How're the assassinations or is it still waltz in and fight a dozen guards?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 23:39   Link #33
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
How're the assassinations or is it still waltz in and fight a dozen guards?
nothing really, u send them you continue your stuff and then when the time is up they will return failing or completing it. theres no interaction.
Old 2010-11-27, 23:49   Link #34
JRendell
Manga Addict

Quote:
Dont get too excited, their just THERE. no story for them at all.. sadly.
God f***ing damn it!
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 01:28   Link #35
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
nothing really, u send them you continue your stuff and then when the time is up they will return failing or completing it. theres no interaction.
No I mean Ezio's assassination missions.

Usually it's kill guy then have to fight a dozen guards to get away, very rarely can you just do a simple stealth assassination and then run out.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 01:38   Link #36
JRendell
Manga Addict

Quote:
Usually it's kill guy then have to fight a dozen guards to get away, very rarely can you just do a simple stealth assassination and then run out.
I found that because the majority of your targets were in broad public/guard view, and you literally had to run/jump at your target.

However, the poison dart and crossbow weapons looks like stealth kills will be much easier.
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 04:41   Link #37
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
No I mean Ezio's assassination missions.

There's various ways around that. Like JRendell said, most of your targets are in public/plain sight but with the crossbow and poison dart, you can get away with an assassination without having to run for it. Or you can approach the target and then use the smoke bomb to get away unnoticed, which is what I normally do.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 11:25   Link #38
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
There's various ways around that. Like JRendell said, most of your targets are in public/plain sight but with the crossbow and poison dart, you can get away with an assassination without having to run for it. Or you can approach the target and then use the smoke bomb to get away unnoticed, which is what I normally do.
Aren't you usually strewned up on honor though? Smoke bombs being used as a method of temporary incapacitation seems a bit..... deceitful.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 11:43   Link #39
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Aren't you usually strewned up on honor though? Smoke bombs being used as a method of temporary incapacitation seems a bit..... deceitful.
Lol it's a game, and fighting is about survival, not about winning. That said, as long as you can live from a fight, then everything is permitted
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 11:59   Link #40
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
Lol it's a game, and fighting is about survival, not about winning. That said, as long as you can live from a fight, then everything is permitted
It's a game, but it isn't a fair game. I want to win because I'm more skilled and not because I had the landslide advantage going for me.

Besides, assassins may not be honorable by trade but that doesn't mean I can't be.... Even though that throws a monkey wrench into the supposed gameplay.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote