AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chrno Crusade

Notices

Old 2004-03-15, 21:28   Link #21
Renato_kun

Send a message via ICQ to Renato_kun Send a message via MSN to Renato_kun
Some fansubbers already stopped Chrno fansubbing, but I think others will continue(in others torrents sites some chrno torrents links by some fansubbers are dead, but others, of the same episodes, but others groups, are still working). So....all we can do is wait till march 17-20th, and see which fansubber will release next CC episode....
Hope, the last one to die....
Renato_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 21:32   Link #22
gundamfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaka
well it doesn't make a difference if it's licensed in china or not
since nobody will even care XD
well, you see my point is, those who can read Chinese can still get their hands on the anime, by downloading it from Chinese subs.
gundamfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 21:44   Link #23
drvtech

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundamfans
well, you see my point is, those who can read Chinese can still get their hands on the anime, by downloading it from Chinese subs.

You still run the risk of having bad Japanese to Chinese translations ^^
drvtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 22:40   Link #24
BanditKing

something just pop up while I reading on animeondvd is that the series might go over 26 ep.Do you guys think it will be better if it ended at 24/26 or keeping the series going?
BanditKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 22:52   Link #25
OshadowO

damn just when it seemed like things are beginning to pick up:/ I like CC but not quiet so much that I would buy the DVDs. Well I guess there is rentals but bummer they coulda atleast let the series end. NOw you gotta wait forever to know what happens:/
OshadowO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 22:54   Link #26
Dark_Sun
I LOVE YOU!

am i allowed to post a site with chrno crusade torrents still continuing?
Dark_Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 22:57   Link #27
Iron Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Sun
am i allowed to post a site with chrno crusade torrents still continuing?
Nope, I believe that's against forum rules. But it's not like it's THAT hard to find, people.
Iron Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 23:02   Link #28
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvtech
Compared to the risk of having bad Japanese to English translations?

What is the point you are trying to say?
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 23:04   Link #29
Tripon

Er...

There's a couple of things I want to concering the license. First of all, from what I hear from a friend who was asked by ADV to do some of the translations for the names and discriptions of the various groups in the world of CC, the earliest ADV aquired the license was around Mid-Feb. They certainly didn't have the license as late as Janurary, as my friend was asked by a rep. of ADV to provide fansubbed eps (try guessing which group, it may surprise you. ;P) to show the aqusistion department what CC looked liked.

So a couple of things. One: ADV didn't have the CC anime last Oct. when they accounced the CC manga. Two: According to my friend, they seem to aquired it around around Feb, so if you think about it, they accounced the license pretty quickly after they aquired it.

So er, deal. >_>

Oh, and in case you wish to know, she's currently helping a bit with the CC's website that ADV will put up.
Tripon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 00:52   Link #30
gundamfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvtech
I'm sorry, but it's unlikely that there will be bad Japanese to Chinese translations.

1.) Japanese and Chinese are obviously not the same, BUT VERY SIMILAR. There's Kanji in there

2.) Similar cultures, translating cultural reference would not be too difficult

3.) Chinese subs close to Japan, easy to get info and help.

So far, I haven't encountered much of bad Japanese to Chinese translations. In fact, they're even more accurate than many english subs out there i.e. I've watched gundam seed on both English and Chinese subs. Sorry to say, Chinese subs are a lot more accurate and tells the story a lot more.

Also, there are a lot of major Chinese subs, at least as big as AJ, ANBU, A-keep, if not even better. Here I can just list a few, it includes popgo, dmhy, wlgo, tmxz, ktkj, ktxp, 5rxw,a9, c2club, c4fans and a few others. They're usually on time, accurate and regular.

Unfortunately, chinese subs have only recently subbed 15 only, so 16 will come out a bit late for me, but wth, better than not able to watch it
Old 2004-03-16, 01:40   Link #31
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Unfortunately, chinese subs have only recently subbed 15 only, so 16 will come out a bit late for me, but wth, better than not able to watch it
Uh that's because Episode 15 only just aired recently Ep16 will be next week.

And yes POPGO just have their BT up!

加入BT分流!
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 02:05   Link #32
Tripon

[QUOTE=gundamfans]I'm sorry, but it's unlikely that there will be bad Japanese to Chinese translations.

1.) Japanese and Chinese are obviously not the same, BUT VERY SIMILAR. There's Kanji in there

** While it's true that China and Japan has influenced each other, they have both kept their own identify, and the comment about "Kanji in there," doesn't really cover it. Have you actually heard any of the main Chinese dialects? Just comparing Mandrian, and Cantonese will give you a major headache. Also, while it's true the Japanese written system was borrowed from China, I would think that the Chinese groups are translating from ear just like everyone else. Unless you can give proof that they have hand written scripts of the shows they're subbing.
IIRC, Japanese is most simaliar to Hungarian, Listen to a conversation in Hungraian, and then Japanese, not to any dialect of Chinese you may find on earth. (There are 50 reconziged Chinese dialects from Mandiraian, Cantonese, Fukanese, etc. And that's not even counting all those dialects that would just be used in a couple of villages in the middle of nowhere, If I had to put a number, I say the number of dialects in China is around the mid hundreds.)

2.) Similar cultures, translating cultural reference would not be too difficult

** Again, just claiming that just because they're close together doesn't mean they have a similar culture. France shares borders with Germany? How similar are they? Giving a quick look at a given Chinese character or Kanji can be given a different meaning if you are looking from a Chinese persective or a Japanese persective.
Old 2004-03-16, 02:42   Link #33
panianna

[QUOTE=Tripon]
Quote:
IIRC, Japanese is most simaliar to Hungarian, Listen to a conversation in Hungraian, and then Japanese, not to any dialect of Chinese you may find on earth. (There are 50 reconziged Chinese dialects from Mandiraian, Cantonese, Fukanese, etc. And that's not even counting all those dialects that would just be used in a couple of villages in the middle of nowhere, If I had to put a number, I say the number of dialects in China is around the mid hundreds.)
What?!! Japanese is similar to Hungarian? Not at all. Hungarian belongs to the same group as Estonian and Finnish languages. No similarities with Japanese language whatsoever. Japanese and Hungarian sound alike? What a great argument! My mother tonque is Latvian and it sounds a lot like Estonian, but they are totally different languages, with different grammar and vocabulary.
panianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 02:53   Link #34
Tripon

Quote:
Originally Posted by panianna
What?!! Japanese is similar to Hungarian? Not at all. Hungarian belongs to the same group as Estonian and Finnish languages. No similarities with Japanese language whatsoever. Japanese and Hungarian sound alike? What a great argument! My mother tonque is Latvian and it sounds a lot like Estonian, but they are totally different languages, with different grammar and vocabulary.

Yes, Hungraian, and Japanese sounds similar to the way the language is structured. Japanese linguists studied just about every language on earth, and found that for some reason Hungraian and Japanese *are* similar to the point where the alphabet of the Hungraian language almost breaks into a romajation of Hana, it's kinda scary. Yes, there is no logical reason for it, and there's no logical exp.

What I'm pointing out that the Japanese language is so uquiqe that the only language that's sounds and structured simlairly to Japanese is hungarian, not any dialect of Chinese.
Old 2004-03-16, 02:54   Link #35
wao
OK.

Tripon: Maybe we ought not to turn this topic into a Japanese <> Chinese argument... but he's talking about a specific example.. Seriously, Japanese and Chinese share a lot more than English and Japanese EVER will (unless Japanese becomes completley overrun by engrish in katakana.). A lot of feelings and cultural ideas are shared by the two; for example you know the traditional shy anime girl (e.g. Haruka)? You will find many more of that kind of girl in Asia, let alone China, compared to Western countries...

While the Chinese fansubbers must listen by ear as well, it's generally easier for Chinese to learn japanese, and much easier in other ways. Signs can be translated MUCH faster and hidden links revealed even easier...

Also, dialect does not matter when translating anime because Mandarin is the only written form of Chinese... so all the 24092049204902492409204920494 different dialects don't matter...

meh, severely off topic here; I'll say that I'm quite interested by the fact that ADV licensed it THAT fast. I suppose it's no big surprise, seeing as they got the manga and Gonzo would want sponsors... I'm very sure thugh, for such an incredibly popular series like this it'll be impossible NOT to have any groups still subbing it

I wonder if we'll see a Urban Vision event happen again?
Old 2004-03-16, 02:58   Link #36
gundamfans

Sorry, I know both Mandarin and Cantonese, no headache for me. I can guarantee you, many Japanese phrases sounds just like Mandarin. I AM DEAD SERIOUS. Of course not the language in general, I am just saying SOME objects and phrases. I really do not understand how Hungarian suddenly is related to Japan...

Also, by no means am I saying that the chinese groups are NOT translating from ear. I'm just saying that because Japanese and Chinese are rather similar to a certain extent, it is easier to fully represent the dialogue intended for the audience. Sometimes, there are stuff that English just can't express, but can be expressed in Chinese.

Some small info on me: I'm from Hong kong, lived, born and breed there. My first language is Chinese (cantonese). No one lecture me about Cantonese or chinese culture.

I am not saying that Chinese and Japanese culture are identical. I'm saying they're similar. Just one real common thing, Japanese and Chinese both use chopsticks. We drink a lot of tea. We have the similar culture i.e. respect elders/teachers/family members etc. I certainly do agree that the same kanji might have different meanings, but I am just saying that Chinese language and Jap language are similar. It makes it easier to fully express the original language than English. I'm not saying because they're close together, therefore similar culture. I'm looking at them separately regardless of their geographic locations. The France shares border with Germany argument is irrelevant here.
Old 2004-03-16, 03:01   Link #37
gundamfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
While the Chinese fansubbers must listen by ear as well, it's generally easier for Chinese to learn japanese, and much easier in other ways. Signs can be translated MUCH faster and hidden links revealed even easier...

Also, dialect does not matter when translating anime because Mandarin is the only written form of Chinese... so all the 24092049204902492409204920494 different dialects don't matter...
WELL SAID. THANK YOU

Back to topic also, I have a friend who is really into CHRNO Crusade (not Chrono Crusade ok..) and is so upset after hearing it being licensed, he is still ripping his hair off right now....

In a way, bad dubs really kill the anime. (worst experience - saw 2 minutes of Pokemon in German - btw I've done 8 yrs of german - I was shell shocked for the next week....)
Old 2004-03-16, 03:16   Link #38
Tripon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Tripon: Maybe we ought not to turn this topic into a Japanese <> Chinese argument... but he's talking about a specific example.. Seriously, Japanese and Chinese share a lot more than English and Japanese EVER will (unless Japanese becomes completley overrun by engrish in katakana.). A lot of feelings and cultural ideas are shared by the two; for example you know the traditional shy anime girl (e.g. Haruka)? You will find many more of that kind of girl in Asia, let alone China, compared to Western countries...

**Agreed. Sorry for getting off topic about that. @_@

** Point, but I would like to point out that the same Chinese character or Kanji may men something different depends on the person who is reading it.

***IIRC, Mandarin is the offical dialect of the gov't. It isn't the name of the written system. It's actually called Simplifed Chinese, which the explatation for that is for another topic and time.

meh, severely off topic here; I'll say that I'm quite interested by the fact that ADV licensed it THAT fast. I suppose it's no big surprise, seeing as they got the manga and Gonzo would want sponsors... I'm very sure thugh, for such an incredibly popular series like this it'll be impossible NOT to have any groups still subbing it

I wonder if we'll see a Urban Vision event happen again?
**Yeah, I think people took that comment about most shows being produced nowadys are being fronted by U.S. anime companies by that A.D.V. exec a little too seriously. Although, the current deal A.D.V has with Mag Garden is certinely moving in that direction.
Old 2004-03-16, 06:24   Link #39
ihatelicencedanimes

i really hate licenced animes

i just recently got into animes and i DONT speak japanese, i just been watching CHRNO crusade up to 15, and i want to watch more, im from down under, any aussies here??
ihatelicencedanimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 06:26   Link #40
klansm

Send a message via MSN to klansm
Well, first of all.... I'm with no lucky!!

Mezzo DSA was lincensed....
now it's Chrno Crusade!!!!!!

If things goes like this, soon it will be One Piece and Naruto....

Since i'm brazilian, we have a funsub in portuguese for naruto.... but
Anime One is fantastic!

It's really a pity, i have been enjoing this series a lot...

well... I wish to know chinese
I'm happy (envy) for you who will still be able to download it

And.... for Dark_Sun,
That's why I love, Anime Suki,
you can't post the lincensed torrents, but you can tell us that you know where they are...

so we can contact you

Thanks for all,
Eduardo.
klansm is offline   Reply With Quote