AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 16 22.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 22.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 27.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 7.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.29%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.43%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-02-13, 17:07   Link #21
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Is that Accelerator's VA voicing the preview?
No, it's Touma again.

Misaka Misaka is the best character in this show. They're going to have so much fun with her and Accelerator in the Index-tan shorts.
Old 2009-02-13, 23:18   Link #22
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

it looks like we wont run into touma for a while...(besides the previews)
or maybe he'l save the day

accelerator isnt the bad guy that he seemed like...10eps ago.
Old 2009-02-13, 23:54   Link #23
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Yep, the poor guy was misunderstood after all. Misaka Misaka saw the goodness in him.

So this episode is happening at the same time that ep. 18 is happening. (Index's rant could be heard on street level.) No Touma in next episode then either other than the previews. I wonder if any overlap will be shown.
Old 2009-02-14, 00:18   Link #24
Bordix

Well, he did kill those sisters (brutally) although, if it wasn't for him, those sisters would have never existed in the first place. So uhmm.... yeah...
Old 2009-02-14, 00:54   Link #25
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

It seems that Accelerator is still as powerful as before. But the noise blockade part is hilarious.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 04:26   Link #26
BlueDo

It was hilarious in the beginning when he was shopping like a normal person
The noise blocking was amusing, too.
BlueDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 05:45   Link #27
Ultimate Chicken

It's amazing that how Accelerator meets Last Order is quite similar to Touma meets Index. Down to the stripping. <_<
Ultimate Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 05:56   Link #28
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
so the hero spends the day with biri biri
and the villain turned anti-hero spends it with biri biri's mini me
why is this show called To Aru Majutsu no Index again ?
Old 2009-02-14, 05:59   Link #29
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
why is this show called To Aru Majutsu no Index again ?
Because the first book was intended to be standalone but things didn't go to the author's intentions and the popularity of said first novel spawned a series. The author can't find anything good to do with her so she is just left with little purpose.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 07:45   Link #30
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Yep, the poor guy was misunderstood after all.
Definitely don't see what to misunderstand. Because in reality, 10000 people lay dead because of him.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 07:53   Link #31
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Even if his 10,000 kills was unforgivable that doesn't mean we can't give him a chance to reform.

I find it quite disturbing when people shrug off such characters like that even though he's pretty much that hateable.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 07:59   Link #32
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Even if his 10,000 kills was unforgivable that doesn't mean we can't give him a chance to reform.
Hoh~, and what says he won't kill again with his cheat-level powers? It's not like he accidentally killed 10000. He didn't have good will in it. He slaughtered them because he wanted to be strong enough that no one will even try fighting them.

Well, even if he "reforms" (how? By becoming a lolicon and saving a loli?), his past BIG sin won't change (if his sin was something smaller, than, yeah, perhaps he could reform, but when you reach his point, there's a limit to what you can just forgive), so nothing changes... I wonder how many mass slaughters have actually changed for the better in this world... Not only that, how old is the brat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
I find it quite disturbing when people shrug off such characters like that even though he's pretty much that hateable.
Well, if you realize he's that hateable and still find it disturbing, there's nothing I can do...

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-02-14, 08:04   Link #33
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

As expected, putting Accelerator in the limelight does give off a slight difference in feeling than with Touma, but that's all good Glad to see that he's still carrying on with life as per 'normal' despite losing to Touma, I would hate to see him spiral down with hatred and obessive thoughts of revenge like some other villains...

As for Last Order... What can I say In some ways, she's exactly what I would expect, and in some other ways completely didn't expect...

Especially when Accelerator stripped her
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 09:42   Link #34
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

I find it interessting that actually no one in the story hates Accelerator directly.

The Sisters themselfs should have the most reasons doing so.
But no, they don't hate him. They actually called themselfs 'Things' or 'Equipment' and didn't really mind getting slaughtered. They followed the experiment like ordered.

Mikoto always said how she wanted to save the Sisters but she never showed much hatred towards Accelerator, she hated the scientists and Three Diagramm a lot more than him. Heck! Trying to get killed only to stop everything? She even hated herself more.

Touma was the only one who was more willing to really beat him, but not because Accelerator was such an evil guy but more to stop this crule experiment and to save the sisters from this. Again, the experiment is more hated than the actual person running around and killing people.

It's funny that the only people who really had all the right to hate him, never did.

At least this is how it looks to me, maybe I missed something.
Old 2009-02-14, 11:36   Link #35
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I find it kinda funny nobody is bother that a young naked girl wearing only a blanket is following some albino teenager. What happen to child services or the city authorities just too corrupt or don't give a damm to do something?
Old 2009-02-14, 12:01   Link #36
eiyuu99

Would you feel guilty about killing 10,000 ants?
Would you feel guilty about killing creatures that consider themselves expendable or things?

"Death of one man is a tragedy, death of a million is a statistic"
You have to recall Accelerator's conversation with Misaka network before they begin the one-sided battle
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 15:36   Link #37
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Also, Misaka Misaka said that she realized that all that talking that he was doing before the fight might have been so that the Misaka clones would have backed down. They engaged him instead and got destroyed. So there wasn't an instance where the Misaka clones surrendered and got killed.

If this is a fight to the death, then I'm not going to have pity on the Misaka clones either. If I'm engaged, then I'm not going to leave the clone alive to fight another day either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I find it kinda funny nobody is bother that a young naked girl wearing only a blanket is following some albino teenager. What happen to child services or the city authorities just too corrupt or don't give a damm to do something?
Yeah, Accelerator was too cheap to buy her some clothes.
Old 2009-02-14, 20:02   Link #38
Cinocard

Then why must he scared them off before finishing them? Just give them a painless death, spare all those horror movie talk.

Quote:
The word "reform" itself says that we didn't misunderstand him at all. He was just all we saw in him, a bastard, and now he's heading toward light. But it doesn't change the fact that he was once, a bastard.

Quote:
I find it interessting that actually no one in the story hates Accelerator directly.

But no, they don't hate him. They actually called themselfs 'Things' or 'Equipment' and didn't really mind getting slaughtered. They followed the experiment like ordered.

Mikoto always said how she wanted to save the Sisters but she never showed much hatred towards Accelerator, she hated the scientists and Three Diagramm a lot more than him. Heck! Trying to get killed only to stop everything? She even hated herself more.

Touma was the only one who was more willing to really beat him, but not because Accelerator was such an evil guy but more to stop this crule experiment and to save the sisters from this. Again, the experiment is more hated than the actual person running around and killing people.

It's funny that the only people who really had all the right to hate him, never did.
This post is ftw
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 20:14   Link #39
Bordix

Quote:
Then why must he scared them off before finishing them? Just give them a painless death, spare all those horror movie talk.

Last order states that he wanted the sisters to stop fighting him. So, he did that by trying to scare them off(or something like that). btw, Is reversing your blood flow and uhm painless?

Funny, how accelerator kept reminding us how he cruelly enjoyed killing the sisters blah blah blah and accelerator haters actually agreeing with him

Quote:
Especially when Accelerator stripped her
Wonder what would happen if the real misaka was there

Last edited by Bordix; 2009-02-14 at 20:58.
Bordix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 21:04   Link #40
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
Last order states that he wanted the sisters to stop fighting him. So, he did that by trying to scare them off(or something like that). btw, Is reversing your blood flow and uhm painless?

Funny, how accelerator kept reminding us how he cruelly enjoyed killing the sisters blah blah blah and accelerator haters actually agreeing with him
Even if you want me to believe the preaching of something a loli who spent a day with him decided to say (tteka, whether he tried to scare them off or not, he obviously didn't restrain himself in killing them *laugh*)......
Probably not painless, not that I want to find out first hand, which means he sure had his time enjoying killing them (clearly there are more cleaner ways to kill them).

Funny? How? Because haters agree with something he said?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post

At least this is how it looks to me, maybe I missed something.
Complete agreement, but nothing much I can do about this frustrating fact. The author doesn't want it to happen, it doesn't. The author apparently wants to set him up as an actually likeable guy or something, with the long preach by Last Order that made less delicious sense than sending a mage to the front lines (sense, as in "So? What's your point?" not the guess on why he acted the way he did)