Shinji haters rejoice, since...

Spoiler:
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 18:25   Link #23
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious
Oh yeah, was Shirou part of the archery club once or something?
Yes Shirou use to be in the archery club but he dropped out for some reason. He and Shinji briefly talked about the Archery club in episode 2 I believe it was.
Old 2006-03-31, 18:28   Link #24
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

^I have a better idea:

Spoiler:

I'm beginning to question the appropriateness of this, so for now I'll stop.

Is it just me, or has Archer been working out? He seems a little more buff than what I remembered. Guess a neglected servant has to occupy their time somehow.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 18:29   Link #25
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Ugh... First Illya implying that she's gonna use Berserker on Shirou... now this... What is this world coming to... Scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
Resistance is futile you will be assimalite All worship the loli
That too
Old 2006-03-31, 18:36   Link #26
kari-no-sugata

Episode summary

Saber is totally unconscious for the first half of the ep. She's almost completely out of mana - so much so that she may well vanish. Rin tells Shirou this. He first seems to think it won't be too big an issue, but Rin makes it clear that with Saber in that condition, fighting would be suicide. So, either he's gotta boost his magic powers (so he can transfer her some mana like normal Masters) or make her get some mana - the only way being to do a Rider and attack innocent people. ie use a command mantra to force Saber to grab some mana. Rin briefly thinks there may be a third way since the summoning circle for Saber formed somehow (Shirou doesn't have the mana for that).

Shirou falls asleep while watching over Saber and dreams of some things about her. There's also a deeper flashback to a younger Saber (looking very much like a boy) pulling "the sword from the stone" with Merlin watching on. He calls her Atheria or similar. He warns her that pulling out the sword makes her the king of "boo-ree-tan" - are you prepared blah blah. Another flashback shows her being on a field with an army behind her, talking about their "king". Shirou realises that has to be Saber. He also realises that the sword she has right now is different to the one she used last night (ie Excalibur isn't "the sword in the stone").

After waking up, Shirou happens upon Archer, who's testing his condition with a bow. He manages to get under Shirou's skin again with ease. He also makes it clear that Saber's condition is all Shirou's fault - Saber only did such a powerful move to save Shirou.

Later that day, Shirou is gloomily sitting in the park when up turns Illya. They talk a bit - Illya knows about Saber's condition, saying she was in the area. Illya also gets Shirou with a basic magic spell and freezes him and makes him fall unconscious. Illya thinks it's "cute" that he's so easy to get. He wakes up in Illya's bedroom tied to a chair. (Damn, the lolis this year are pretty agressive!)

Saber has also woken up but can barely walk. She can tell Shirou is far away. Archer thinks this is fine - just dump that loser Shirou. However, Rin can't turn down Saber's pleading look, so they set off on a walk...

Illya wants Shirou to become her servant. But he refuses - he's a master himself anyway. So Illya decides to go kill Saber and Rin. She also references something from 10 years ago and tells Shirou that he's special - she'll kill all the other Masters but not him. Shirou says she shouldn't kill in the first place, but she says it's too late and explains how Shinji bumped into them when escaping from Shirou and ended up as a blood stain on Berserker's club.

After she leaves Shirou tries to use his trace skills to damage the rope - he can do it a lot fast since being force-fed that magic crystal of Rin's. However, he still can't break free. Then two of his "magic traces" light up, crackling (like when facing Rider in the school) and he quickly breaks free. He also coughs up blood (seems to be due to being in poor condition, as side-effect from Illya's magic spell on him earlier). His eyes also seem to be glowing slightly and there's a magic humm.

Rin and Saber arrive at Illya's mansion (with Archer materialising to join in),
Old 2006-03-31, 18:41   Link #27
kari-no-sugata

Next ep title is: The End of Ideals (or alternatively, the limit of ideals)

Sounds interesting. Archer and Berserker definitely have some action. Hard to tell much apart from that. Hmm, Archer also seems to be bringing out his two swords again and there's like a magical scaffold around them while they form...
Old 2006-03-31, 18:54   Link #28
doughboy

If next episode features that awesome fight between Archer and Berserker that was shown in the promo trailer, this will officially be the greatest series ever. I am doubtful that will actually be in the show, they seem pretty inconsistent on what's been reused and completely reanimated so far.
doughboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 19:26   Link #29
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
Yeah! Thank you Illya and Big-B... for taking care of that stupid coward Shinji!!
He finally paid for what he did to Taiga-nee and Ayako.

But... kiddo, you're really BAD, aren't you?
PGilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 20:16   Link #30
Wrath88
Kissing...

So that's what Ilya and Berserker were doing there at the building. KSERS!!!
Old 2006-03-31, 20:54   Link #31
Fire Ice
Almost dead inside...

Ha! Perfect 10. Shinji got owned! wh00t!

And for the freaky evil loli...Yes...That too...

Can't wait till episode 14...Noble Phantasm-ness..I can smell it! Smell iiiit!
Fire Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 21:07   Link #32
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
From the screen shots all sorts of dirty thoughts come to mind about Ilya. I already confess to be a little bit of a loli-con so this is just... Ammunition?
Old 2006-03-31, 21:14   Link #33
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
I get it! The sword...
Spoiler:
It's called Caliburn in the game, so most of us go by that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakman
Also, they changed the temptative ep 14 episode, which was supposed to be Unlimited Blade Works according to the previews. It's now 理想の果て
I don't think they changed it, it just proved that the UBW preview was the fake one, probably the curtesy of 2ch vippers.

As for the regeneration stuff, you can look at the Q&A thread, since there are preview spoilers in there up to 16 or something now (and now that we know that the 理想の果て episode preview is probably true, it's possible that the one for episode 15 is true too, which contains the answer to the regeneration question... it still sounds kinda flaky to me though).

Other than that... This episode was... surprisingly... boring -_- (besides the sword in the stone scene, which was original, I don't think there's anything remotely interesting in this episode at all for the gamers, they even managed to make Ilya's seduction look boring)
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 22:58   Link #34
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

What's the mana regeneration issue? (Sorry, I didn't play the game) Is it when Rin talks to Shirou about if Saber use the Hougu once more she'll use up all her spirit force and no longer be able to materialize (dissapear). I really want to like this series, and I like Saber too, but Shirou is just too useless to be a main char. All the problem of this ep wouldn't happen if he would know how to recharge Saber's energy. Anyways, I gave this ep a 7, it's good, but the next ep should be excellent.
TougeSil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 23:34   Link #35
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

1st off plz someone make a pic with instead of yo gonna get raped bi*ch , it says I AM THE JUGGANAUT (and another that says dammit leeroy)

2nd
Spoiler:
Missilebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-31, 23:55   Link #36
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Okay, I knew that stuff I did was stupid from the start. I apologize to the animesuki community. So make your requests in the signature board Mr. Missle.

Secondly,
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-01, 00:03   Link #37
ordnance11

Well, you do need a set-up for the next arc..so this episode was fine by me..I liked it where you can see by saber's eyes that she was pleading to Rin to help find Shiro.
ordnance11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 00:07   Link #38
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

^ Yes! I liked that too! It reminded me about that look of concern she gave Shirou at the park.
Old 2006-04-01, 02:22   Link #39
Incoan
Jinuar Mumbir

Send a message via ICQ to Incoan Send a message via MSN to Incoan
So Shinji is dead now. I'll miss his twisted laugh. *cries for some time* Didn't expect much from this week's episode , but anyway it turned out to be a pretty satisfying one . Archer's appearance was definitely a plus.

But how was Ilya able to carry Shiro all the way from the park to her castle? He should be too heavy for her. If Ilya had Berserker do the job that would require the servant to materialise (they can't get in physical contact with the world while in their spiritual form , right?) . If it was so , I can imagine some random bypasser's face when he sees a 3m tall monster walking around ...

Ok, now some "more serious" question. How would Shiro's "trace on" ability help him untie the rope? Well , he could reinforce the rope with it ,but that would definitely only make the situation worse ; a chair , but that would be useless ; his ... bones? That wouldn't help him much either, I guess. I must have missed something.
Incoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-01, 02:57   Link #40
Freakman

Note : He doesn't try to untie the rope, he tries to wash out Iriya's binding magic using his own magic channels.
Freakman is offline   Reply With Quote