AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2003-12-11, 11:54   Link #21
Lonewulf
Kuya

Send a message via AIM to Lonewulf
Strap kakashi with gernades and an uzi and that fight with Zabuzan woulda been finished the first episode we saw him.

or rock lee with a pistol? his super speed woulda get that gun so close no1 would could dodge it, and it makes up for his lack of range in his fighting style.
Lonewulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 12:01   Link #22
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot|hack
Naruto did have guns at one point...

This is like the beta, 'exeperimental' manga if you will... it was just to see what changes need to be made before the actual one comes out ....

Yes the guy has a guy and yes thats naruto transforming into a lil kyubi with goggles ... transforming into lil fox = lame (taken out), guns = lame (taken out)
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 15:17   Link #23
dot|hack
Flash Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
This is like the beta, 'exeperimental' manga if you will... it was just to see what changes need to be made before the actual one comes out ....

Yes the guy has a guy and yes thats naruto transforming into a lil kyubi with goggles ... transforming into lil fox = lame (taken out), guns = lame (taken out)
Although that was a good point, i do wish that the adult oriented theme stayed rather the one we have now. *remembers the scene where naruto pisses on a kid, laughs.
dot|hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 15:20   Link #24
Borikua-Otaku

NO guns! That's why everybody has Kunais.
Borikua-Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 17:28   Link #25
Segahekui
t3h n1nj4 1337

Send a message via AIM to Segahekui
thats kind of weird.. considering types of guns are a ninja's weapons. they used many firearms before.. all u needed was a bamboo tube and fill it with gunpowder and rocks.. they were used as traps and hand cannons.. so all of u guys are wrong if u say it would not fit in a ninja's world
Segahekui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 17:35   Link #26
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

it might fit in a ninja world, but I'm glad guns are not in Naruto! Characters dogding bullets can be seen in most TV or Movies ... I rather have more plot and fighting and less blood and dying from gun play. See if my mind isn't stimulated (like by thinking) some how I get bored and then I turn into "monir" ava
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 17:41   Link #27
aznkoodies
[asian - coo - deez]

Send a message via AIM to aznkoodies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segahekui
thats kind of weird.. considering types of guns are a ninja's weapons. they used many firearms before.. all u needed was a bamboo tube and fill it with gunpowder and rocks.. they were used as traps and hand cannons.. so all of u guys are wrong if u say it would not fit in a ninja's world
That would defeat the purpose of being a ninja: stealth and using silence as a weapon.

If they used firearms, it would only draw attention to themselves and a ninja hides in darkness, uses the shadow and is silent.

Of course, if ninjas do use firearms, attract attention to themselves, and is all loud ... they're Naruto ..
aznkoodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 18:14   Link #28
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot|hack
Naruto did have guns at one point...
Well at least that dint appear in the anime
Old 2003-12-11, 19:34   Link #29
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
It would suck all the way, IMO. But who need guns when you can kill someone with your own Chakra?

If you wanna check, just read the pilot chapter

JOJO'STAR, that page is from the pilot chapter, that's why it didn't appear in the anime. It was the first conception of Naruto, long before the actual manga was released.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 20:55   Link #30
Zeratul
n00bie

ninjas can throw shurikens faster than bullets. Well maybe not but it would be kinda lame if they tried to shoot each other.

Then it would just turn into Trigun
Zeratul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 21:04   Link #31
grahf

What would probably end up happening is that normal people and thugs use guns, but ninjas are skilled enough that guns are useless against them (ie, the bullet doesn't go fast enough for them to get hit). I think guns in Naruto would be pretty interesting. Thugs might actually be some kind of threat to genins (as it is, any one of the genins could probably kill a fucking army of men when they were fresh out of the acadamy).
grahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 21:12   Link #32
Muraki
Dreamer

Guns=bad with ninjas...

Guns lead to even more destructive weapons ne, I really don't think anybody would be able to stop something like a Tomahawk Cruise Missile or the tank rounds that the newer tanks (Paladin etc.) have though it would be funny to see someone try.

Guns in the Naruto universe would completely suck....
Muraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 21:28   Link #33
eLstar
(^_^)v

Agreed. The main reason there are no guns is because it IS a ninja world. If they had technologies like tanks and missiles then we wouldn't really have much of a ninja story to go on.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 22:02   Link #34
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Um...I don't think ANY ninja, now matter how skilled, can dodge bullets.

As far as guns in the Naruto universe, they may exist, though not in the same form we know them as today. They may be the old U.S. Civil War-spec, 1 shot at a time, put powder into barrel, put pellet into barrel, pack down pellet, time-inefficent,no-guarantee-of-killing guns.

Seeing as how ninjas have a sense of honor in this show, no self-respecting shinobi would use one.

I find the concept of guns existing in Naruto interesting, however. In the game Mage Knight, there is a faction named the Black Powder rebel army, who developed guns as an equalizer to fight against magicians.Such a system may exist for normal citizens, who don't know any jutsus.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 23:49   Link #35
dot|hack
Flash Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
Um...I don't think ANY ninja, now matter how skilled, can dodge bullets.

As far as guns in the Naruto universe, they may exist, though not in the same form we know them as today. They may be the old U.S. Civil War-spec, 1 shot at a time, put powder into barrel, put pellet into barrel, pack down pellet, time-inefficent,no-guarantee-of-killing guns.

Seeing as how ninjas have a sense of honor in this show, no self-respecting shinobi would use one.

I find the concept of guns existing in Naruto interesting, however. In the game Mage Knight, there is a faction named the Black Powder rebel army, who developed guns as an equalizer to fight against magicians.Such a system may exist for normal citizens, who don't know any jutsus.
I guess none of you guys have played shinobi for the ps2
dot|hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 00:06   Link #36
Oneesama
本當に愛してるなら, "鰻食べる?”ってきかないで

hm......... I think they can totally dodge guns, remember " the replacement no jutsu ^^" therefore~ no need guns.... they have more powerful ninjutsu than guns
besides...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
Agreed. The main reason there are no guns is because it IS a ninja world. If they had technologies like tanks and missiles then we wouldn't really have much of a ninja story to go on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeratul
Well maybe not but it would be kinda lame if they tried to shoot each other. Then it would just turn into Trigun
Oneesama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 00:41   Link #37
Segahekui
t3h n1nj4 1337

1st- stealth was only used when infiltration.. therefore if they fought as they did in naruto it wouldnt matter..

2nd- it CAN be used for stealth as well.. have a timed fuse on it and it can be used asa distraction

3rd- shinobi have honor.. but a differetn type, they can use any weapon to their advantage and should do whatever it takes to be in the advatage. for example,

samurai: if a samurai drops his sword let him pick it up.
shinobi: if a samurai drops his sword.. kick it away or grab and kill him

samurai: if a samurai is double teamed fight both , attack at once if u are attacker
shinobi: throw metsubishi around and escape to fight them seperately and run leaving tetsubishi, if attacking.. confuse enemy so your teamate can kill from behind

nowadays ninjutsu is to keep the tradition alive, sush as budo and other traditional MA's. I suspect nowadays if ninja were still active forces in politics, they would use weapons such as sniper rifles and such. so i guess modern day ninja are your special forces or what have you.
also another note o nthe honor: samurai would never train with firearms.. however ninjutsu does, you should know all weapons equally and know their power and what they cn do. and also how to use them if u need to.

edit: the tech thing is irrelevant, a packed bamboo tube with rocks and gunpowder isnt modern day rocket science
Old 2003-12-12, 01:32   Link #38
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
1st- stealth was only used when infiltration.. therefore if they fought as they did in naruto it wouldnt matter..

2nd- it CAN be used for stealth as well.. have a timed fuse on it and it can be used asa distraction

3rd- shinobi have honor.. but a differetn type, they can use any weapon to their advantage and should do whatever it takes to be in the advatage. for example,

samurai: if a samurai is double teamed fight both , attack at once if u are attacker
shinobi: throw metsubishi around and escape to fight them seperately and run leaving tetsubishi, if attacking.. confuse enemy so your teamate can kill from behind

nowadays ninjutsu is to keep the tradition alive, sush as budo and other traditional MA's. I suspect nowadays if ninja were still active forces in politics, they would use weapons such as sniper rifles and such. so i guess modern day ninja are your special forces or what have you.
also another note o nthe honor: samurai would never train with firearms.. however ninjutsu does, you should know all weapons equally and know their power and what they cn do. and also how to use them if u need to.

edit: the tech thing is irrelevant, a packed bamboo tube with rocks and gunpowder isnt modern day rocket science
If that was directed at my post, then the only thing I meant by that was that with the reload time, accuracy, etc...then a old-fashioned gun isn't the greatest weapon to use.

If ninja were active today, then they would definitely use guns.

Have any of you actually FIRED guns before? In real life, the bullets go pretty fast...
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 01:38   Link #39
Segahekui
t3h n1nj4 1337

yes, ive fired a m4.. and yes, lol i know bullets go "pretty fast" .. i never said they didnt.. im not arguing about naruto not having guns.. im just saying that thet statement "in a ninja's world guns would not fit"
also the reloading thing.. the bamboo hand cannons were used as a one shot disposable thing.. u fired it once to take out mabey one opposer if there is more than one.. that way u only have to fight one.. or fire it on a group to distract
u could run away and pick it up if u hid it somewhere.. fire it to slow the enemy down or even stop them completely.. then throw it away and run.
Old 2003-12-12, 16:34   Link #40
EliteJounin

Quote:

First of all, your examples dont make sense. "if a samurai drops his sword let him pick it up." Your descriptions are so vague.

Second of all, this topic is about how Naruto would be like if it had guns. In my opinion, it wouldnt be so exciting if Naruto had guns. Of course, Naruto's time period is not like ours. They have modern technology like refrigerators and head phones and toilets but they dont have guns. Well, this is the way Kishimoto created it and i am glad that he created Naruto the way that he did.

Anyways, i'd rather see ninja's get up close and personal fighting hand to hand. They do all this cool stuff.
EliteJounin is offline   Reply With Quote