Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-09, 02:52   Link #21
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Send a message via AIM to [UKE]Auel Send a message via MSN to [UKE]Auel
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
Mir was in the ending and she hasn't appeared yet either so she could be the decoy.
Too bad she's already been confirmed to appear in an upcoming episode along with Andy and Murrue.

And who said there needed to be a point in using a decoy?
[UKE]Auel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 03:03   Link #22
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by [UKE]Auel
Too bad she's already been confirmed to appear in an upcoming episode along with Andy and Murrue.

And who said there needed to be a point in using a decoy?
Oh she's going to appear? Hmm... I wonder if she has a photography gundam like that guy in the astray stories...
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 03:23   Link #23
Raxtenko
Second Generation McJober

Send a message via MSN to Raxtenko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherazade
I'm afraid I don't understand why so many of you are anxious to see Shiho appear. She's a side character, what's the big deal? It's like when fans went nuts over Boba Fett when Empire Strikes Back originally came out. A character that has about 15 minutes total screentime and maybe 10 full senteces and they have a near cult following. I don't understand it, which is not to say that Shiho is a bad character, but why all the anticipation to see her in this series?
Not sure about everyone else, but I for one like Seed MSV more than Seed. Reasons being:

1.) Better Mecha designs.
2.) Characters that actually look distinctive.
3.) Gai and Lowe, and their wonderful Astray Frames.

Besides, if Shiho is Yzak's future wife, it'll be interesting to see how he interacts with her. We'll get to see another side of Yzak. The potential for character development here is huge, as well.

Oh yeah question to anyone who can read Japanese. I was at the Seed MSV site, and using my extremely basic Japanese skills to read the profiles, and apparently Jane Houston is known as "The Beluga(?)" I guess it kinda fits, since she's an underwater ace pilot. If anyone can actually confirm this, that'll be reason #4 Best nickname ever.
Raxtenko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 09:34   Link #24
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxtenko
Not sure about everyone else, but I for one like Seed MSV more than Seed. Reasons being:

Besides, if Shiho is Yzak's future wife, it'll be interesting to see how he interacts with her. We'll get to see another side of Yzak. The potential for character development here is huge, as well.

Oh yeah question to anyone who can read Japanese. I was at the Seed MSV site, and using my extremely basic Japanese skills to read the profiles, and apparently Jane Houston is known as "The Beluga(?)" I guess it kinda fits, since she's an underwater ace pilot. If anyone can actually confirm this, that'll be reason #4 Best nickname ever.
Yeah, Jane Houston's nickname is "The White Whale". She was the test pilot of Deep Forbidden and worked at the California base of the Atlantic Federation. She may have been a combat instructor there, but I'm not positive on that. She has a grudge against Marco Morashim. She'll never get to get back at him though since Mwu or Kira killed him.
Scherazade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 10:03   Link #25
Silver_Scorcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raxtenko

Yeah, in terms of mechs, SEED MSV is by far superior to SEED's mechs. But then again, I think just about every Gundam series that had an MSV line was superior to that of its series.

Now that I think about it, if Shiho were to actually make an appearance, it would be for Yzak's sake. The initial rumor was that she was his fiance. According to the most recent issues of Newtype, Yzak is apparently one of the more popular male characters in not only SEED, but among anime males as well. I guess a lot of people complained that poor Yzak was the only main character from the first series that got no love from anyone whatsoever. So the director will decide to stick her in their for his sake and satisfy his fans. Guess we'll know for sure weather she'll show up or not within the next few episodes when the war starts to heat up.
Silver_Scorcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-09, 12:27   Link #26
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Quote:
Oh she's going to appear? Hmm... I wonder if she has a photography gundam like that guy in the astray stories...
I was kinda shocked hearing that, since I thought SHE was the decoy. Then again, if Kai from MSG can appear in Zeta, I don't see why she can't appear in Destiny. Not only that, it'd give us some closure with how she's dealing with her grief over the loss of Tolle.
Old 2004-12-09, 13:13   Link #27
Raxtenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherazade
Yeah, Jane Houston's nickname is "The White Whale". She was the test pilot of Deep Forbidden and worked at the California base of the Atlantic Federation. She may have been a combat instructor there, but I'm not positive on that. She has a grudge against Marco Morashim. She'll never get to get back at him though since Mwu or Kira killed him.
Oh, thanks. Well, a beluga is a "White Whale," so I guess I was kinda right...Well it sounds more respectful than Beluga, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Scorcher
Now that I think about it, if Shiho were to actually make an appearance, it would be for Yzak's sake. The initial rumor was that she was his fiance. According to the most recent issues of Newtype, Yzak is apparently one of the more popular male characters in not only SEED, but among anime males as well. I guess a lot of people complained that poor Yzak was the only main character from the first series that got no love from anyone whatsoever. So the director will decide to stick her in their for his sake and satisfy his fans. Guess we'll know for sure weather she'll show up or not within the next few episodes when the war starts to heat up.
Meh, I'll take whatever I can get. C'mon Fukuda we want Shiho!
Old 2004-12-09, 15:26   Link #28
Pepperidge
Dissatisfied Canadian

Send a message via AIM to Pepperidge Send a message via MSN to Pepperidge
If she appears, it'll probably be in the second quarter, since she's not in the OP. And we all know that the ED animation won't change.
Pepperidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 15:46   Link #29
liujeffqi

Send a message via AIM to liujeffqi Send a message via MSN to liujeffqi
Question

Shiho going to appear????? i thought she dead already......... is she the woman who was with Andy?
liujeffqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 16:28   Link #30
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by liujeffqi
Shiho going to appear????? i thought she dead already......... is she the woman who was with Andy?
.....that's Aisha
Old 2004-12-11, 10:23   Link #31
liujeffqi

Send a message via AIM to liujeffqi Send a message via MSN to liujeffqi
Quote:
Originally Posted by [UKE]Auel
.....that's Aisha
sorry..... mess up the names already..... then who is shiho?
liujeffqi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 12:00   Link #32
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Shiho has made her appearance now, but we only see her from behind. Brown hair, same hair cut, red uniform, together with Dearka and Yzak while the Jule Team is watching the news broadcast.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 12:00   Link #33
Raxtenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by liujeffqi
sorry..... mess up the names already..... then who is shiho?
Just go back to page 1 of this thread and read everything we say. But if you must know now, she's the girl that's sitting beside Yzak duing the ending sequence.
Old 2004-12-11, 12:06   Link #34
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

Shiho is also a ms pilot right? Maybe she'll pilot Duel again lol. er.. or another slash ZAKU would suffice.
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 12:11   Link #35
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
She was the pilot of the CGUE DEEP Arms as well as a GuAIZ.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 14:17   Link #36
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neaco
Shiho is also a ms pilot right? Maybe she'll pilot Duel again lol. er.. or another slash ZAKU would suffice.
The slash Zaku Phantom is a command unit and it seems like only the commander of the unit gets one. Rey has the only one we see onboard Minerva, Yzak has the only one onboard his ship as commander.

As for why Yzak gets a customized one and everything. My guess is because he's Yzak. He's the best pilot in the fleet, he's decorated for his fighting at Yachin Due and has been rewarded for it. He's now a commander of his own battleship so he gets a custom standard gundam. They may have even had him submit a survey/testing on how to improve the MS because of his experience.

The Dearka thing is interesting though. He's using the standard Zaku Warrior without any type of paint job on it. Even Lunamaria has a red paint job on hers. It would have been cool if he added a Buster type paintjob to his Zaku Warrior.
Old 2004-12-11, 15:01   Link #37
Scherazade
Asturian Guymelef

Yzak's ZAKU Phantom isn't really "custom". The only thing custom about it is the color scheme. Remember that Slash is just a weapons pack, it can be added and removed. We just haven't seen another ZAKU use it. The ZAKU body is identical regardless of whether it's a Warrior or a Phantom. The only difference is the shoulder shield.
Scherazade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 15:09   Link #38
[UKE]Auel
The Oncoming Storm

When I saw that scene with Yzak, Dearka, and Shiho in the room, I immediately thought South Park.

Yzak = Mr. Garrison
Dearka = Mr. Slave
Shiho = Kenny
Old 2004-12-11, 15:40   Link #39
FlyByNite

If Shiho dies in this series will we hear "Oh My God They Killed Shiho! YOU BASTARDS!" ?
Old 2004-12-12, 03:13   Link #40
Raxtenko

Quote:
If Shiho dies in this series will we hear "Oh My God They Killed Shiho! YOU BASTARDS!" ?
Maybe from Yzak.