Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-18, 15:19   Link #21
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Thany, AndrewLB. DROP IT.

Anime means animation, and if you don't know what that means please stop reading now. Cartoons are animated, like anime. Cartoons are produced overseas in Asia (ie. Korea, Japan, etc.), like anime. So yes. Anime technically counts as a cartoon and vice versa. It's pointless to argue over this because you'll probably both get banned if you keep this up.

NoSanninWa-san, Nightwish-san, anybody, please lock this topic for it has gone far off of its original intention.
Old 2004-11-18, 15:33   Link #22
AndrewLB
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to AndrewLB Send a message via AIM to AndrewLB Send a message via MSN to AndrewLB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thany
At least my signature is cuter than yours
You also demontred that you're probably the only person who is immature in this thread by trolling for the hell of it (at least you didn't swear, but again you have been told to quit it or be banned, doesn't it sound funny? )

Well maybe they have similarities, but the fact of calling what you would call Japanese cartoons animes is a way to show it is different (by this I mean better) than American cartoons.
Personally calling animes cartoons would be saying the artists are as bad as the American cartoons's artists (I'm sorry, but just look at the drawings, the Japanese have a way better way to draw their characters).
"As bad as the American cartoon's artists?" Personally, I find damn good cartoon art like this a LOT better than MUCH lower quality art like this.

Now, to be fair, Disney movies (at least the good ones) had a MUCH higher budget, so it's natural for them to be much higher quality, but still. Also, one thing you need to remember: In anime, they have a LOT of scroll/pan shots, where a single drawing is had and the "camera" is moved. Animation is recycled more frequently, etc. On the other hand, Disney movies have more animation, more DYNAMIC animation, and better animation over all! Hell, even disney and warner bros cartoons (the older ones, I can't speak for new stuff since I haven't seen it, though Kim Possible (from what my little cousin forced me to watch) isn't THAT bad) were damn fine to begin with. Maybe you're so far gone that unless underage girls prance around and bare their panties, it's total shit, but ask most semi-normal people, and they'll probably agree with me in saying Disney/Warner Bros animation/art is a good deal better than Japanese stuff.

Though that said, I honest to god love some art styles from Japan, Last Exile/Murata's style, for example. Damn good stuff.

Razer: Ze finger, jya?
Old 2004-11-18, 15:45   Link #23
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Yay, yet another "anime" vs. "cartoon" debate...

Oh, and Razer_2mb, don't over do it... k?
Old 2004-11-18, 17:08   Link #24
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Just to clear up any misconceptions. This idiotic argument is not the reason that AndrewLB is banned.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Closed Thread