Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2004-09-25, 15:54   Link #21
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
so you make groups that are unable to see either one of the series forums. and leave it at that.

are there any other forums that would need that kind of censorship?

i believe that the naruto forum has... err... needs the most editing.
There aren't really any other forums that are as bad as the Naruto forum...and i'm not saying that if they do it to Naruto that they'll do it to others...all i'm saying is that there is bound to be other people who will want it done to other forums for the smallest little thing...

So it's not really so much that it has to be done to others...it's the simple fact that if it's done to one people will think they'll do it to others and they'll complain about the smallest things until they get it their way (but again...not like they'll get their wish...but after a while the complaining does get to a person )
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 17:06   Link #22
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

I have an idea that would work better than specially creating new groups to view certain forums: just add a button next to each forum called "Ignore Forum." When a user clicks on it, poof, that forum doesn't show up anywhere. Something like that would seem to be rather simple to implement... at least, on my forum software it would be.
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 17:14   Link #23
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

It's a nice idea, but it would require the software to be changed. Adding a group is configuration, not code changing. Having said that, based on 7thMethuselah's suggestion that he clicks the "mark forum as read" link; it might be possible to make a button on the main page that marks a forum as read. That would also just be configuration (of the skins). Still that doesn't stop the threads appearing in the "New Posts" search view, they just look viewed they don't disappear -- only a group with a suitable access mask would totally hide posts -- which is part of the problem.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 17:34   Link #24
7thMethuselah

Then how about an option that displays unread posts instead of the new ones? Is that possible? It would solve the problem combined with the existing mark forum read option but if that means changing forum software i guess it won't happed, the mods are allrdy quite busy as it is ...
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote