AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-04, 04:26   Link #21
SleeplessHeart
Sakuya - Rosa Tsukkomi

The series is not bad and aimed towards younger audiences. It does not meet my expectation, but I believe that's a typical storyline from dengeki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaic
.... I believe there was another group that'd expressed interest in it too.
Lunar Anime
Old 2004-11-04, 05:01   Link #22
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enron
Wow, 15 replies, 15 lolicons. People that watch either this or nanoha belong in jail.
You missed Uta-kata. Yes, I watch all 3 because of panty potential. And FYI, Nausicaa and Kiki's Delivery Service have panty shots too.

Arrest me.
Old 2004-11-04, 05:06   Link #23
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

currently I see this anime as a display of the battle between the evil nature of males which is personified by the male lead and the warrior of justice which is characterized by that sheep
Old 2004-11-04, 07:03   Link #24
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

I like this show, i just finished watching episode 1 and founy it funny. I do feel sorry for him though hehehe sorrounded by all those twins, all of whom want him lmao.

Looking forward to future episodes, hope it stays as good as its starting out. No idea which one it was i watched, if both versions are subbed ill have to get both
Old 2004-11-04, 08:08   Link #25
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

IF anything else it spawned some really crazy H-doujinshi.
Old 2004-11-04, 08:12   Link #26
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, currently there's only the kanji one showing, there's no info on when the katakana one will be on air. also it seems the title futakoi in katakana is still only a temporary title...
Old 2004-11-04, 10:00   Link #27
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

I watched the first episode of this show and it does not seem all that bad. I was expecting a harem anime, but this looks more like young teenagers (the vast majority being twins) trying to deal with the world around them. I think this anime might actually pan out and be halfway decent. ^_^

But, then again, it could always shoot itself in the foot over the next 2-4 episodes too. hehe.
Old 2004-11-04, 10:36   Link #28
Shenlong

Dear lord, I count 6 sets of twins in this series ^^;;
Old 2004-11-04, 10:48   Link #29
Perdita
Onii-sama daisuki!

Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-04, 13:18   Link #30
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I've seen up to 4, and it's still enjoyable but not outstanding. The drawing seems terrific to me, in its simple way. There's something almost perfect about the way the sympathetic characters are drawn, the boy as well as all the girls. And I like them as people.

But I for one absolutely loathe the goat (and it is a goat; the boy at one point calls it "koyagi", "little goat") . It makes me want to cook up some curry (goat curry can be delicious). Although he does begin to redeem himself, as you might expect, in episode....
Old 2004-11-04, 22:32   Link #31
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Goat Curry?? Uh, no offence but I wouldn't touch it. Not saying it wouldn't be good, but after growing up on a farm and being near those things, I can't imagine them on my plate or in my curry. Yuck. :P
Old 2004-11-04, 23:30   Link #32
Enron
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
You missed Uta-kata. Yes, I watch all 3 because of panty potential. And FYI, Nausicaa and Kiki's Delivery Service have panty shots too.

Arrest me.
Oh no, i watched Uta~Kata as well. At least it didn't seem like it would be a bad show, minus the few panty shots.

But futakoi is just garbage. The whole show merely exists so you can stare at underage girls (fantasy #1) who are twins to boot (fantasy #2) and have them fight over some poor schlep that the average anime dork will identify with (Fantasy #3)

Yes, i watched Ep. 1 to make sure my comments were justified earlier. And i still stand by them. If you like this show, you belong in jail.
Old 2004-11-05, 01:38   Link #33
relentlessflame

*Administrator

With apologies to the rest of AnimeSuki...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enron
But futakoi is just garbage. The whole show merely exists so you can stare at underage girls (fantasy #1) who are twins to boot (fantasy #2) and have them fight over some poor schlep that the average anime dork will identify with (Fantasy #3)

Yes, i watched Ep. 1 to make sure my comments were justified earlier. And i still stand by them. If you like this show, you belong in jail.
Since it is apparently impossible to watch this show without fantasizing about underage twin girls, I'm afraid your "but I didn't inhale!" excuse won't cut it. You knew full well that watching this show was a sign of moral depravity when you said "people that watch either this or nanoha belong in jail", and yet you allowed yourself to satisfy your curiosity by watching the first episode in the name of justifying an argument - in doing so, you heaped condemnation upon yourself. Realizing this, you proceeded to change your pronouncement to "if you like this show, you belong in jail". You can't have it both ways - sorry - and frankly, I'm disappointed. I'm afraid you will be joining me in jail, where we can have a nice long conversation about the poor schleps we obviously both identify with.

Or, you could just agree that it must be possible to partake in a piece of fictional entertainment without partaking in any criminal activity that may or may not be implied within. Either way works for me. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to the next episode of Futakoi.
Old 2004-11-05, 01:46   Link #34
Enron
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
With apologies to the rest of AnimeSuki... Since it is apparently impossible to watch this show without fantasizing about underage twin girls, I'm afraid your "but I didn't inhale!" excuse won't cut it. You knew full well that watching this show was a sign of moral depravity when you said "people that watch either this or nanoha belong in jail", and yet you allowed yourself to satisfy your curiosity by watching the first episode in the name of justifying an argument - in doing so, you heaped condemnation upon yourself. Realizing this, you proceeded to change your pronouncement to "if you like this show, you belong in jail". You can't have it both ways - sorry - and frankly, I'm disappointed. I'm afraid you will be joining me in jail, where we can have a nice long conversation about the poor schleps we obviously both identify with.

Or, you could just agree that it must be possible to partake in a piece of fictional entertainment without partaking in any criminal activity that may or may not be implied within. Either way works for me. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to the next episode of Futakoi.
Nope, not possible. Its for lolis. And yeah, i sorta figured it was when i watched it, but i watched it anyways. I figure iif im going to bash it, i might as well know what im talking about. If that lands me in a cell with you, so be it I guess. On the other hand, i won't be watching a 2nd ep. of this. You are. That's quite telling
Old 2004-11-05, 01:52   Link #35
Kanna
The Triad
*Fansubber

Everyone's a closet pedo.

As a fan of Card Captor Sakura and Nanoha, I hated this show. Worst ever. Underage twins means nothing when the story is complete crap. Yay for underage twins, nay for boredom. It's kinda like the Olsen Twins and their random appearances in movies.

Fantasies about underage twins are better represented in doujins, but that's 18+ material. :P
Old 2004-11-05, 01:55   Link #36
AndrewLB
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to AndrewLB Send a message via AIM to AndrewLB Send a message via MSN to AndrewLB
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
With apologies to the rest of AnimeSuki... Since it is apparently impossible to watch this show without fantasizing about underage twin girls, I'm afraid your "but I didn't inhale!" excuse won't cut it. You knew full well that watching this show was a sign of moral depravity when you said "people that watch either this or nanoha belong in jail", and yet you allowed yourself to satisfy your curiosity by watching the first episode in the name of justifying an argument - in doing so, you heaped condemnation upon yourself. Realizing this, you proceeded to change your pronouncement to "if you like this show, you belong in jail". You can't have it both ways - sorry - and frankly, I'm disappointed. I'm afraid you will be joining me in jail, where we can have a nice long conversation about the poor schleps we obviously both identify with.

Buddy, your horrible application of Psychology 101 doesn't really apply here, especially when you're analysing someone who would probably stump Freud (who was a hack anyway, but he's the best known) even if he met him in reality.

Frankly, Futakoi sucks. It's boring, it's actually worse than the usual "I can't get real women so I'll lust after animated children" style show, and above all else, I know for a fucking FACT that some retards are going to label it the best show of the season, spend half their waking life voting it up on animenfo, and then get REALLY touchy when people attack their animated fetish. And possibly use half a course worth of psychology on some poor, unsuspecting fellow who is simply looking out for those who can't defend themselves (little girls who have a twin).

God bless America. (I voted for Kerry)
Old 2004-11-05, 02:02   Link #37
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Is it the best show of the season? No it isnt

Is it a good show? Yes it is. I had a few laughs, thought it was funny and worth watching. Beyond that i cant really say anymore till i watch a few more episodes, and im hoping they're all as good as the first.

We all have different tastes, thats what makes us human. Personally i despise mecha, and think all original copies of the Seed should be burnt. But i know a lot of people who as you put it 'some retards are going to label it the best show of the season, spend half their waking life voting it up on animenfo, and then get REALLY touchy when people attack their animated fetish.'

If you dont like the show then dont bleeding watch it ya chumps sheesh
Old 2004-11-05, 02:05   Link #38
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Personally, I'm giving it time to pick up. First episode didn't really impress me much, but anime shows have surprised me before.

I'd rather not pass judgement based on only one episode.
Old 2004-11-05, 02:12   Link #39
LoveOfAnime
~Lost in the Moonlight~

Send a message via MSN to LoveOfAnime Send a message via Yahoo to LoveOfAnime
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin

Is it a good show? Yes it is. I had a few laughs, thought it was funny and worth watching. Beyond that i cant really say anymore till i watch a few more episodes, and im hoping they're all as good as the first.

We all have different tastes, thats what makes us human. Personally i despise mecha, and think all original copies of the Seed should be burnt. But i know a lot of people who as you put it 'some retards are going to label it the best show of the season, spend half their waking life voting it up on animenfo, and then get REALLY touchy when people attack their animated fetish.'

I'm with you, I liked it..........Very cute and the art is cool. I'll definitely keep watching it.

I quess that (according to some people here) would make me a lesbian in a jail cell. OH WELL! :fingers:
Old 2004-11-05, 02:15   Link #40
AndrewLB
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to AndrewLB Send a message via AIM to AndrewLB Send a message via MSN to AndrewLB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin

It starts in Japan, spreads to Australia, and is already on its way here.

Everyone has tastes, yes. I, for example, like a show that is literally DBZ combined with boxing. However, there are certain TRUTHS in this world. Murder is evil, pedophiles are going to be onle with each other in hell, and cartoon shows about animated twins that are meant to make fat Japanese (and American, now) kids go "MOE!" are pieces of shit.

It's like a neo-Nazi saying "Look, I just want to kill all the jews. It's not like I'm doing any harm. We all have different opinoins. Let's all get along ('cept with a certain ethnic group!" NO! We don't have that! Stop being so wishy washy and just go "YOUR OPINION IS FUCKING WRONG!"
Or try to, but YOUR opinion is fucking wrong. Jeez, I hope your laptop battery wears out and you have to leave the kindergarten bushes soon. BECAUSE YOU'RE WRONG.

ANd it's 2am, sorry. I just sort of snapped.

We can all get along in this wonderful world, right? Just, you know, please realize that many people with this cool thing called "moral values" and "normal sexual habits" or at least "what would be normal sexual habits if they asked women out" are fairly offended by the fact that people like shows that portray young children in a sexual manner. Not only is it creepy, but it goes against the basic human instinct of protecting children. It's like you're literally NOT HUMAN if you're into that kinda stuff. BUt that's just my opinion, ya know.
Closed Thread