AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2023-04-04, 11:54   Link #21
Frontier

A gal from the boonies making her high school debut feels like a classic story premise, but Mitsumi is so endearing and likeable, and PA Works is throwing in their typical flourish, that you can't help but enjoy it !

The Opening feels perfect for a cute, slice of life, romance as we see Mitsumi living her best life with her friends and dancing with Sousuke. Really, the dancing is what made the OP !

You have to admire how committed and confident Mitsumi is right down to having an elaborate planned out career path...but of course, all her confidence and plans for the perfect high school run all go bad pretty quick in true narrative fashion .

Sousuke seems like a good fit for Mitsumi because his more carefree, laidback, personality feels like a nice balance to Mitsumi's personality, even if how driven and passionate she is (even in her own awkward and dorky way) utterly charms him (as he does her) .

When all else fails, just ditch your socks and shoes and run .

I thought Mitsumi was going to utterly freestyle that speech, but know she had it down by memory! And it was a good speech! I thought she had perfectly nailed it right up until she hurled on her teacher .

Poor Sakura-sensei. She seems really caring and nice to her students, and a bona fide cutie, but nobody told her she'd get her nice clothes barfed on and have to attend class in a tracksuit. At least she's trying to take in stride .

All the girls are gaga over Sousuke! And his attention to Mitsumi also seems to be improving her popularity as well to the point that she gets her first female friend, though I wonder if Mika only friended her because she wants to get close to Sousuke? Either way, hopefully she upgrades from being the "Puker" soon .

Mitsumi went to all that trouble to hide how crazy her first day was when her family and friends know exactly what she's like :teehee:.

Well, I hope Mitsumi doesn't crash on her second day after that sleepless night working on her self-introduction .

The ED is really cute with a peppy, fun, theme and Mitsumi walking in a colorful world past all her gal pals past and future .
Old 2023-04-04, 12:53   Link #22
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Cute first episode but I'm not really sure how I feel about this series just yet... not in the mood for another cringefest like Bocchi right now. I'll give it another episode or two anyway.
Old 2023-04-04, 15:09   Link #23
Blaat

PA works really bringing out their A game for this show even though it's not their usual style which hasn't happened since Eccentric Family 2? Excellent adaptation so far, I've got nothing to complain about it.
Old 2023-04-04, 15:34   Link #24
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Really good start to this series. Iwakura marches to the beat of her own drum; and I love that about her. Kinda reminds me of Romantic Killer's Anzu; very animated in her exaggerated expressions, unfazed by the annoying tropes that permeate these kinds of series. Not flawless, and relatable. Animation is top notch and the music blends in with the environments seamlessly. Def a keeper for this season. Shima seems pretty aloof, but it feels like he might have had some kind of bad experience. Nonetheless, pretty okay guy so far. His interest in Iwakura is understandable, and I can't wait to see who else is going to gravitate toward this standalone star?

Old 2023-04-04, 17:04   Link #25
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Went in blind, it was pretty enjoyable. Was pleased to hear Tomoyo Kurosawa in a lead role again.

Mitsumi is a fun character. Has her entire life planned out already, but she already found out that things in life don't always go as planned.
Old 2023-04-04, 22:05   Link #26
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Closed Thread