AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-07-15, 14:03   Link #21
GDB

What's wild is that most of this episode was anime original, unless there's another version of the manga out there beyond the web version, the serialized version, and the other previously mentioned spinoff. Basically every flashback (except the one of Katase being silly when the Chief mentioned there was an interview/new hire) and everything with that video game were all original.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-15, 18:36   Link #22
grecefar

Well, this is it for me. I'm in for a cute fluffy romance but I just didn't like the characters and gags, it wasn't fun and I didn't connect with the protagonist.

there is hayakawa and the chief but still... It's drop for me.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-16, 19:46   Link #23
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I thought it was another cute little episode. Got the right kind of laugh from Katase flipping out over the stuffed animals . She is so on right now it's amazing to watch. Just hungry for her own romance to get rolling that she's getting embarrassed around stuffed animals and fantasies are flying through her mind.

I enjoyed the little flashback with Hayakawa. Understandable that she's processing things right now. Obviously it's fine for the Manager to be a goofball. Might be going a bit far in wanting to observe the budding office romances, but it's mostly fine. But it would still be pretty jarring since she was so taken by that awesome rescue, moment of destiny when he was even one of the interviewers and then ending up working with him. Does make me pull for that ship since she is a nice girl in her own right .
Old 2023-07-17, 01:20   Link #24
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Well, this is it for me. I'm in for a cute fluffy romance but I just didn't like the characters and gags, it wasn't fun and I didn't connect with the protagonist.

there is hayakawa and the chief but still... It's drop for me.
So, this build-up of relationship doesn't work for some anime viewer. Another similar manga/anime about budding romance, more-than-just-friends-but-not-lover-yet is Can a Boy-Girl Friendship Hold Up? (No, It Can't!!).

Spoiler:

Last edited by scififan; 2023-07-17 at 01:36.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-23, 01:17   Link #25
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

First anime of the season to take a break for a week?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-23, 05:29   Link #26
Alchemist007
*Author

Sportsball took its spot.
Old 2023-07-29, 13:45   Link #27
Frontier

As if Hayakawa couldn't be more of a Best Girl, it turns out she's an Otaku who cosplays! And of course who should catch her at a cosplay event but the manager who she used to crush on! And who gets to see her in an outfit that shows off her legs and bust ?

OP and ED subs! The OP feels very fitting in regards to Shinozaki's feelings for Katase, while the ED feels fitting for Katase's general personality and worldview .

Hayakawa was really ready to be mortified and called out as a creep for her hobby, but instead it just impresses the manager who admires her for her passion and finds her outfit cute...and the person wearing said outfit doubly cute. It's enough to turn Hayakawa into a blushing mess. Seems like she's falling for the manager all over again .

And then he asks her out to dinner, just the two of them, and Hayakawa can't help but get her hopes up...even if it's just the manager needing to ask if he can come with her to her next cosplay event and take pictures of her. But then it's practically a cosplay date !

The childhood friends reunited as office workers and love blossoming? The kouhai falling for his older Senpai? What ship should the manager choose!? Though Katase tries to tease him about his relationship with Hayakawa which just ends up getting her teased about the potential yuri route between her and Hayakawa. I wouldn't mind that .

Well, the cat's out of the bag about Hayakawa drawing BL to the guy she's becoming close too. She's such an adorable hot mess now .

Fox Girl Hayakawa! Maid Katase !

Happy Halloween at the office! Perfect for candy and seeing people wear cute cat ears! Especially the girls! I love how Hayakawa just gave up with a small "nyaaa" by the end of it .

Shinozaki really had a good chance to feed Katase there! He shouldn't have hesitated for even a second .

Who knew one alcoholic chocolate would be enough to make Katase plastered? She's quite the affectionate drunk though, kissing Hayakawa, expressing her immense gratitude towards the manager, and hugging Shinozaki in admiration for how far he's come...but deep down, she's not sure how she really feels about him. But it also means she's really thinking about him too .
Old 2023-07-29, 17:06   Link #28
GDB

Interesting, they changed who Hayakawa was cosplaying as. Manga had her cosplaying as Mashu (FGO), but they have her cosplaying as Kaga (Azur Lane) in the anime. It isn't a VA joke, as far as I can tell, so not sure why they made the change.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-29, 19:09   Link #29
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Interesting, they changed who Hayakawa was cosplaying as. Manga had her cosplaying as Mashu (FGO), but they have her cosplaying as Kaga (Azur Lane) in the anime. It isn't a VA joke, as far as I can tell, so not sure why they made the change.
It's even funnier because I'm pretty sure Yumiri Hanamori does play a FGO character .
Old 2023-07-30, 00:04   Link #30
Alchemist007
*Author

Neko senpai had good moments, and bonus of sideship too.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2023-07-30, 13:00   Link #31
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Neko senpai had good moments, and bonus of sideship too.

Images
No office romcom is complete without sideships .
Old 2023-07-31, 00:23   Link #32
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I am curious about the reason for the shift in cosplay. Regardless I could totally see a Mash cosplay kickstarting a ship .

Honestly though I'm glad we got more focus on the Manager and Hayakawa. Some sweet moments there even if it's a long way from going anywhere. There's at least some attention being paid and appreciation of Hayakawa's cuteness. But at this point he's still having more fun with the potential ships at the office to the exclusion of himself. Will take a bit before he gains any sort of shift where he'd rather not see Hayakawa with someone else.

Main pair remains good and cute. No problems on that front. Fun seeing Katase try to tease the Manager but fails since he doesn't get it . But things were more cleanly fun with her messing around with her favourite Kouhai. Good game there in giving him a time's up scenario where he missed his chance. Will make sure he gets it right next time. Plus a drunk Katase was a treat too.
Old 2023-07-31, 04:41   Link #33
EroKing

NSFW
Megami

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-12 at 09:29.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-31, 21:40   Link #34
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Whew that's quite the view
Old 2023-08-05, 13:46   Link #35
Frontier

It's December and Katase and the Manager are hyped! Shinozaki should also look forward to a gift from Santa Senpai, and the only thing cuter than Katase playing Santa is how embarrassed she gets over being such a dork around her Kouhai. Too bad the Manager struck out on Santa Hayakawa .

You know you're down bad when you're imagining how cute each other would look in animal loungewear. I mean, Katase can't help but think of how she might sexually harass her Kouhai like the plushies did .

The couple vibes are so strong with these two that even Nao Toyama as a youtuber desperate to find couples for her channel mistakes them for one! And basically forces the two into playing it up so she can get some views! Though it seems like Katase partially went along with it because she didn't like her getting so close with Shinozaki .

Well, now every time the two of them are in the office kitchenette they'll be imagining making out. And the next time Katase heads to Shinozaki's place she'll remember how he claimed they banged. Playboy Shinozaki really was a riot, especially putting the moves on Katase, though she matched it well with that fake kiss. Though now everyone who sees that video is going to think they're a couple .

Totally forgot their boss was Tetsu Inada .

The office Christmas Party is nice and all, especially for the Manager playing Santa, though Katase in a tight-fitting Santa Dress would've made it perfect. A guy can't help but dream, right Shinozaki .

I love how these two basically just go on a Christmas date together, seeing the sights and basking in the romantic vibe...not that they're quite aware of it themselves until someone complains about all the couples. Though they don't help it when they're exchanging gifts and Katase talks about them seeing each other in their loungewear. Oh my !

I can't believe the Manager roped Hayakawa into spying on these two, though she enjoys seeing Katase being forward. And both couples end up exchanging contact info and getting to see the snow together. Pure romance at it's finest !

Gotta appreciate how snugly that loungewear hugs to Katase's chest and how much leg she's showing. I also just realized the ED was showing her in that outfit the whole time .
Old 2023-08-05, 15:47   Link #36
EroKing

Renouncing my love for tea...
Old 2023-08-13, 03:37   Link #37
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Wow, another week's break

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-13, 17:12   Link #38
Alchemist007
*Author

Gotta love TV scheduling, that thing Japan is hopelessly in love with.
Old 2023-08-19, 13:53   Link #39
Frontier

Santa Katase with her short dress and prominent chest is quite the Christmas treat! Especially for reindeer Shinozaki when she gets all close and intimate with him in a hug! Shinozaki has very cultured dreams .

Nothing makes a man a keeper quite like when he helps you draw your 18+ BL doujinshi and help you sell it at a convention. You've even got your fellow otaku calling you out for how you're obviously a couple .

Shinozaki and Katase just can't help but call each other to wish a Happy New Year! And obviously just needed an excuse to hear each others' voice and wish for the best (and more time together) in the New Year. Hopefully there's plenty of Katase's brand of abusing her authority in the future for Shinozaki .

Oh snap, Shinozaki has a big sister! And she's voiced by Mikako Komatsu! And she's a beauty! And realized her little bro has found a woman !

Starting off the New Year with yet another cultured dream of cat girl Katase as she gets all cute and kitten-y while licking you up...Shinozaki was THIS close to some tongue action in the mouth !

And hilariously Katase had the same dream, revealing just how much she secretly wants Shinozaki to pamper and be affectionate with her. Also the manager just seems to have some sixth sense about these two having dreams about each other .

Yutaka definitely has some interesting psychological tactics to figure out what kind of girl has her brothers' attention, though hilariously they actually work !

Hatsumode! Complete with Katase and Hayawaka looking amazing in kimono's! Though even Yutaka cannot deny how cute and adorable Katase is as she's all over her. What a way to meet your future sister-in-law, huh? Which gets even better when the manager wins her over with the idea of Katase marrying into the family and then Yutaka is trying to get these two hitched right then and there .

And good thing the manager didn't forget about Hayakawa and managed to turn her into a blushing mess with some sweet compliments...even if he did forget about her to argue with Yutaka over who will give the speech at Katase and Shinozaki's future wedding. Poor Chika-chan !
Old 2023-08-19, 14:25   Link #40
EroKing

Episode 6

Manager still the best character and hard carrying this show.

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-12-03 at 15:12.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote