AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-10-16, 11:43   Link #21
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Recently in other media I ran across a few osananajimi I really liked and started to think my burning hatred of childhood friends had subsided but nope, this episode triggered it right back. The only likeable character here is Akari; MC himself is pretty insufferable. Not sure if I can make it through a season but I might give it another week.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-16, 12:20   Link #22
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Recently in other media I ran across a few osananajimi I really liked and started to think my burning hatred of childhood friends had subsided but nope, this episode triggered it right back. The only likeable character here is Akari; MC himself is pretty insufferable. Not sure if I can make it through a season but I might give it another week.
He's still wishy-washy and doesn't quite know what he's doing, but I think Jiro has his moments.
Old 2022-10-16, 14:49   Link #23
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
He's still wishy-washy and doesn't quite know what he's doing, but I think Jiro has his moments.
The kiss from episode 1 was bold but the osananajimi routine took him well into the negative. I admit I may be biased.

Seems like there should be a backup way to get into (and especially out of) the rooms. Honestly this whole premise feels like an H manga someone decided to make an all ages version of.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-16, 16:17   Link #24
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
The kiss from episode 1 was bold but the osananajimi routine took him well into the negative. I admit I may be biased.
I mean, I don't think Shiori helped by framing it like she was friendzoning him. Not that she meant to, but I understand why he took that way .
Quote:
Seems like there should be a backup way to get into (and especially out of) the rooms. Honestly this whole premise feels like an H manga someone decided to make an all ages version of.
It seems simple enough that you can let a girl into your room and just keep it open.

I do wonder if they have some kind of "trick" to keep anyone from having sex.
Old 2022-10-16, 21:03   Link #25
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I almost feel bad for Tenjin. The girl he's paired with is absolutely pining for Jiro and even Akari has honestly seemed to move on pretty fast . She'll be against swapping partners long before they ever raise their scores high enough for that to be an option .

Also I really wonder about the scoring system. Is this class some government move to deal with a lack of children crisis? What does it take to have a really good score in this thing? Seems like it wants people to either magically fall in love at first sight or become pro actors.

Makes me also laugh a bit at how miserable the teachers must be. Having to spend their free time after teaching all day watching random couples interact and having to score them .

Not a bad episode overall though. I think it was a bit better than the last one.
Old 2022-10-16, 22:08   Link #26
Frontier

I've seen some speculation online that the blackout was actually staged to further any intimacy among the couples, which is why the counter was still working and the cameras seemed to be functional, which is why Jiro and Akari got more points.

The dubious ethics of this class continues .
Old 2022-10-16, 23:49   Link #27
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

Quote:
I've seen some speculation online that the blackout was actually staged to further any intimacy among the couples, which is why the counter was still working and the cameras seemed to be functional, which is why Jiro and Akari got more points.
I personally think the anime is too stupid to do something smart(ish) like that
So I'm more on the "the story didn't think too far" side

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-17, 09:19   Link #28
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I personally think the anime is too stupid to do something smart(ish) like that
So I'm more on the "the story didn't think too far" side
I wouldn't put anything past this school though .
Old 2022-10-17, 11:00   Link #29
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Seems like it wants people to either magically fall in love at first sight or become pro actors.
There could be a interesting plot about how this is just teaching people to put on an act to get through society, but I doubt this show is gonna go there.

Quote:
Makes me also laugh a bit at how miserable the teachers must be. Having to spend their free time after teaching all day watching random couples interact and having to score them .
And imagine when the parents come to complain about their kid not getting to graduate because they can't flirt with their partner.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-17, 12:20   Link #30
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
I mean, I don't think Shiori helped by framing it like she was friendzoning him. Not that she meant to, but I understand why he took that way .
I couldn't even tell what people were complaining about, I had to go back and make sure I didn't mishear something, but yes that past scene was entirely on her.
Old 2022-10-17, 15:51   Link #31
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
There could be a interesting plot about how this is just teaching people to put on an act to get through society, but I doubt this show is gonna go there.

And imagine when the parents come to complain about their kid not getting to graduate because they can't flirt with their partner.
I'm actually morbidly curious how much actual couples come out of these classes. Like, it's intended to just be them acting it out, but there's probably a good portion of them who end up gaining feelings for each other since they're basically stuck together having to act the part of a couple.

And, y'know, the likelihood that some pairings are actually having sex .
Old 2022-10-23, 09:37   Link #32
Frontier

Rice and Akari's boobs! What a wonderful way to start the morning !

Oh hey, OP and ED subs! Nice .

So Jiro helps Akari realize that the best way to a man's heart is through his stomach, so they go through trying to craft the perfect Bento for Minami. Although all that cooking together and Akari feeding Jiro just makes their intimacy numbers go up because it makes them seem even more like a genuine couple, even if Akari thinks it's just for Minami's sakes. Maybe she'll make him some sweet omelet's yet !

Sadaharu is unsurprisingly treating his marriage life as a dating sim, because that's what he knows best, although he's more interested in knowing how things are progressing between Jiro and Akari. Jiro better not be the Harem protagonist always warding off beautiful women! Although, yeah, Jiro has had a hard time holding himself back because of how outgoing and rarely fully-dressed Akari often is around the house .

Then Sadaharu straight up sees the pair having a lovers' spat and bickering like an old married couple, and he knows what's up. Worthy of a Tanka, even .

Dang, that's Akari's outfit just to deliver a Bento? She was going all out! We even get another flash of her panties !

I think Akari wanted Jiro's emotional support, at least in the form of when he hugged her during the blackout and not their first kiss like Jiro assumed, but I guess we'll never know because then Shiori shows up. And if Akari didn't appreciate having a third wheel in her and Jiro's place, she definitely didn't appreciate finding out that Shiori knows Minami's tastes better than she does .

Akari is distraught that she thinks the only thing she's really good at, cooking, won't matter to Minami, and Jiro just makes it worse by doubling-down on how men lust after her body and just see her as someone to sleep with. And Jiro is guilty of that too, and Akari responds by coming on to him and making him undress her, despite her own anxiety because the poor girl thinks that's all she can really do .

Well, good on Jiro for realizing this was not the time for the two to be sleeping together and it wasn't right, even if it lead to their marriage basically breaking up or the pair of them to stop trying. And all those points they accumulated go down the drain .

Shiori and Minami are doing better but Shiori isn't happy about how far Jiro and Akari are falling. I wonder if it was worry for Jiro's sake, or because she wants him to succeed so they can switch partners? Either way, she's sure confident about being his childhood friend .

It was about time that Jiro realized that, despite how Akari looks and acts, she knows about as much about sex as he does and he just made her feel worse by assuming or projecting that on her, and that leads him to re-confirm his resolve to fixing their relationship .

Jiro finally enters a girls' room! And Akari has it really decked out! Not to mention her sexy loungewear .

Not the most ideal icebreaker by admitting to having sexual fantasies about a girl in her own room, but it cleared the air enough for Jiro to apologize and get through to Akari that he wanted to try again as a married couple (for practical purposes...sure). And Akari didn't seriously want to end things either, as she claps Jiro's hands to her cheek and finally calls him by his first name, complete with practically confessing to him. She played it off as a joke, but the scene on the balcony basically had her admitting it was her true feelings. Things are starting from zero for this pair, but not for their romance .

Was that actual manga art for the ED tag .
Old 2022-10-23, 10:54   Link #33
Lex79

One thing is certain, despite already having crushes, the two aren't wasting time falling for each other.
Old 2022-10-24, 11:47   Link #34
Alchemist007
*Author

Weird whiplash with this girl, going from mentioning yellow guy all the time, whether it's right before sex or talking about food preferences, then back to asking the MC for a kiss again.

Young people can be dumb and indecisive sure but this is sure something.
Old 2022-10-24, 11:58   Link #35
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Weird whiplash with this girl, going from mentioning yellow guy all the time, whether it's right before sex or talking about food preferences, then back to asking the MC for a kiss again.

Young people can be dumb and indecisive sure but this is sure something.
I don't think she was asking for a kiss. I think she was expecting him to hug her again like he did during the blackout.
Old 2022-10-25, 08:33   Link #36
Decel

I hope they show her reasoning leading to her falling in love with Jiro.
Old 2022-10-25, 09:55   Link #37
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
I think having to act like a couple (and the kiss) helped a lot in her being interested in him, and him being there for her, comforting her, and their proximity and the fact that they actually, well, talk lead to her feelings developing.
Old 2022-10-25, 10:53   Link #38
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decel View Post
Hormones and distance (lack of) in this forced situation.
Old 2022-10-28, 06:36   Link #39
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-13 at 06:02.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-28, 10:19   Link #40
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
I love how Akari is more undressed because they know what the audience wants .

(Although still kind of tamer than I was expecting ).

Tags
love triangle