Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-10-04, 02:39   Link #21
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
It's ironic that you statement agrees and disagrees that providing fan service in a horror show is disregarding the atmosphere and nuance of the scene.
Think about it: when two characters are kissing or having sex in horror movies, those scenes are meant to be romantic or/and erotic (until the ghost/monster/killer appear to scare/kill them). The exposed skin, naughty angles & nudity supported the intention of the said scenes.

But in this episode, you get a naughty camera angle up the ass or crotch in a scene that's supposed to be suspenseful. Taking me out of the experience & ruining the moment.

Quote:
POV of the second person is seldom used in a horror show. The horror show often shows audience with third person's point view. It keeps audience guessing what will happen to the character.
No. POV of the phantom/monster/killer is often used in horror/thriller movies. For example: Predator, Black Christmas, Friday 13th franchise, Halloween franchise and dozens of giallo movies out there. And those are just from the top of my head.
Old 2021-10-04, 03:12   Link #22
scififan

[QUOTE=Obelisk ze Tormentor;6487844]Think about it: when two characters are kissing or having sex in horror movies, those scenes are meant to be romantic or/and erotic (until the ghost/monster/killer appear to scare/kill them). The exposed skin, naughty angles & nudity supported the intention of the said scenes.

But in this episode, you get a naughty camera angle up the ass or crotch in a scene that's supposed to be suspenseful. Taking me out of the experience & ruining the moment.
/QUOTE]

You can also apply your view of horror movies to this show: those scenes are meant to be romantic or/and erotic. So, your experience is ruined when the horror movies have the same intention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
No. POV of the phantom/monster/killer is often used in horror/thriller movies. For example: Predator, Black Christmas, Friday 13th franchise, Halloween franchise and dozens of giallo movies out there. And those are just from the top of my head.
and Terminator, Puppet Masters, etc., but those scenes are relative short compared to third person's point of view. When the movies use these scenes majority of the time, the intention of the horror moive is lost.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-04, 03:23   Link #23
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
You can also apply your view of horror movies to this show: those scenes are meant to be romantic or/and erotic. So, your experience is ruined when the horror movies have the same intention.
The MC was trying to pick up her mascot keychain in an eerie classroom with a dark figure behind her and a haunting score. What kind of romantic/erotic scene was that to throw a butt shot?

Quote:
and Terminator, Puppet Masters, etc., but those scenes are relative short compared to third person's point of view. When the movies use these scenes majority of the time, the intention of the horror moive is lost.
You forgot the essence of my complaint entirely and went on a tangeant. I never said that POV shot must present during the majority of the movie/show. Where did that come from?

In the case of this show, turning all the naughty fanservice shots into ghost POVs will at least add to the suspense of the scenes instead of ruining it. It's not ideal, but still better IMO. Unless you are really thirsty and really want to see ass-shots & crotch-shots regardless.
Old 2021-10-04, 03:42   Link #24
scififan

Quote:
The MC was trying to pick up her mascot keychain in an eerie classroom with a dark figure behind her and a haunting score. What kind of romantic/erotic scene was that to throw a butt shot?
You are in denial.
Your question is inviting a rear disucssion, which is off topic. If you are looking for discussion about a rear, watch Prison School anime. The characers talks a lot about it.
It is breif scene, but not the main point of the show. Same for horror movie. The romance/erotic scene is out of no where. It is meant to ruin your mood and transition back to main theme.

Quote:
You forgot the essence of my complaint entirely and went on a tangeant. I never said that POV shot must present during the majority of the movie/show. Where did that come from?

In the case of this show, turning all the naughty fanservice shots into ghost POVs will at least add to the suspense of the scenes instead of ruining it. It's not ideal, but still better IMO. Unless you are really thirsty and really want to see ass-shots & crotch-shots regardless.
My point is your responses to my responses are quite pointless, and you fail to see your view for supporting romantic/erotic elment in horror show is against your view for against romantic/erotic element in horrow show.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-04, 03:55   Link #25
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
You are in denial.
Your question is inviting a rear disucssion, which is off topic. If you are looking for discussion about a rear, watch Prison School anime. The characers talks a lot about it.
It is breif scene, but not the main point of the show. Same for horror movie. The romance/erotic scene is out of no where. It is meant to ruin your mood and transition back to main theme

My point is your responses to my responses are quite pointless, and you fail to see your view for supporting romantic/erotic elment in horror show is against your view for against romantic/erotic element in horrow show.
All the above is useless when you don't seem to know the difference between the scene-by-scene mood & shot-by-shot mood.

Do you know the difference between shot, scene & sequence?
Old 2021-10-04, 05:42   Link #26
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Slow start. Ep1 just wasn't that funny and felt rather pointless.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-04, 08:43   Link #27
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I rather liked the creepy factor, but am in total agreement that the fanservice had no context - it offered nothing to the plot whatsoever and was especially crass. The narrative equivalent of upskirting, basically.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-04, 11:19   Link #28
James Rye

While I understand that the pervy camera angle with no context is annoying to some, it does have a purpose:
It's faithful to the original source material since the first part of Mieruko-chan had all those pervy angles and seen-through panty lines and Hana bras until later on when it was established and the mangaka could focus more on the scary and mystery part. After that fanservice became rarer, less pervy voyeur angle based and more context based like changing clothes in P.E. or a bath.

We can consider ourselves lucky that Passione didn't go all the way to the original source, cause in the Twitter original Miko-chan peed her panties after surviving the first contact with the creepy ghosts. And honestly if she had done that, I wouldn't have seen it as a perverted scene since I would have done way worse if I had been in her shoes, no kidding...
Old 2021-10-04, 11:40   Link #29
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

If it can be a good horror anime, good.
If it can't be a good horror anime, at least be fanservice.
If it can be both, even better. (It's not right now, BTW)

Quote:
That is a good idea. Not only does it add meaning to the fanservice shots, it actually lets the ghost do stuff, which actually might make this anime... horror.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-04, 11:51   Link #30
ramlaen

The blunt fanservice like the pantylines only exists in the first couple chapters and seemed to be a hook to get readers interested.
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-04, 11:58   Link #31
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
While I understand that the pervy camera angle with no context is annoying to some, it does have a purpose:
It's faithful to the original source material since the first part of Mieruko-chan had all those pervy angles and seen-through panty lines and Hana bras until later on when it was established and the mangaka could focus more on the scary and mystery part. After that fanservice became rarer, less pervy voyeur angle based and more context based like changing clothes in P.E. or a bath.
A purpose that is bad.

I mean, if the manga at this point is already popular enough to sustain itself without gratuitous fanservice, why the anime went back to the "dark age" of the manga by animating all the unnecessary non-contextual pervy shots?? For example, when Ufotable adapted Fate/Stay Night, they didn't need to animate all the random sex that happened in the game. Just few of the plot-necessary ones.

Quote:
We can consider ourselves lucky that Passione didn't go all the way to the original source, cause in the Twitter original Miko-chan peed her panties after surviving the first contact with the creepy ghosts. And honestly if she had done that, I wouldn't have seen it as a perverted scene since I would have done way worse if I had been in her shoes, no kidding...
Actually, Miko peeing her panties out of fear would've been much better coz it's plot-relevant compared to the random pervy shots.
Old 2021-10-04, 12:55   Link #32
James Rye

Quote:
A purpose that is bad.

I mean, if the manga at this point is already popular enough to sustain itself without gratuitous fanservice, why the anime went back to the "dark age" of the manga by animating all the unnecessary non-contextual pervy shots?? For example, when Ufotable adapted Fate/Stay Night, they didn't need to animate all the random sex that happened in the game. Just few of the plot-necessary ones.

Actually, Miko peeing her panties out of fear would've been much better coz it's plot-relevant compared to the random pervy shots.
Never said it is good, just that it is a purpose and being faithful is good in a sense, since after like ch.3-4 the fanservice took a nosedive and focus more on Miko-chan surviving aka ignoring many encounters with freaky ghosts.

I think you focus too much on those couple pervy shots, they ain't a big deal and gone by like episode 3 or so. Besides if you like the pee out of fear part then you're in luck, that's all I gonna say.
Old 2021-10-04, 13:12   Link #33
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I think you focus too much on those couple pervy shots....
They're more than just "a couple":

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
they ain't a big deal and gone by like episode 3 or so
Damn I hope so.

Quote:
Besides if you like the pee out of fear part then you're in luck, that's all I gonna say.
It's not the pee that I like. It's the plot-relevancy (I even bolded it for you in my previous comment).
Old 2021-10-04, 14:28   Link #34
James Rye

Quote:
They're more than just "a couple":

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!

Damn I hope so.

It's not the pee that I like. It's the plot-relevancy (I even bolded it for you in my previous comment).
That's 5, that's a couple, isn't it. 6 if you count Hana's bra. If it had been like over ten or twelve such scenes then it would have been actually bothersome.

It will, no worries. Considering what the studio showed us at the ED, I know you gonna enjoy this when we get to the real good stuff.

Dude, that's why I wrote "pee out of fear" and not just "pee", you know, the emotional part you didn't bother to bold despite it being quite literally "plot-relevant" for a horror show about an average girl suddenly seeing monstrous beings every day and night? No horror without fear, ain't it so?^^

For now, just relax, I'm a bit sad that this fanservice part bothered you so much since you expected a horror show from the get-go, but it won't be there forever and when it returns occasionally, it will be with context.
Just see it as an attempt of a till then unsuccessful mangaka to try to get as much attention as possible before he hit it big. I remember the mangaka drawing a short 4-koma how he proposed his ideas to his wife, who's also a mangaka, for a new web manga: one is pervy as hell, the other scary and she goes take the scary one and next day he's like "honey, I got 100k likes" and she just "oh nice", totally relaxed.
It's a bit annoying, sure, but thankfully not that big of a deal. If it had been like this for the entire series then I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much either, so you ain't alone in this. xD
Old 2021-10-04, 14:37   Link #35
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
That's 5, that's a couple, isn't it. 6 if you count Hana's bra. If it had been like over ten or twelve such scenes then it would have been actually bothersome.
Dude, "a couple" means two.

And from your comment above, your tolerance for non-contextual pervy-pedo cam-angle is obviously higher than mine.

Quote:
Dude, that's why I wrote "pee out of fear" and not just "pee", you know, the emotional part you didn't bother to bold despite it being quite literally "plot-relevant" for a horror show about an average girl suddenly seeing monstrous beings every day and night? No horror without fear, ain't it so?^^
I still prefer if it's not pee at all TBH.

Quote:
It will, no worries. Considering what the studio showed us at the ED, I know you gonna enjoy this when we get to the real good stuff.

For now, just relax, I'm a bit sad that this fanservice part bothered you so much since you expected a horror show from the get-go, but it won't be there forever and when it returns occasionally, it will be with context.
Just see it as an attempt of a till then unsuccessful mangaka to try to get as much attention as possible before he hit it big. I remember the mangaka drawing a short 4-koma how he proposed his ideas to his wife, who's also a mangaka, for a new web manga: one is pervy as hell, the other scary and she goes take the scary one and next day he's like "honey, I got 100k likes" and she just "oh nice", totally relaxed.
It's a bit annoying, sure, but thankfully not that big of a deal. If it had been like this for the entire series then I don't think I would have enjoyed it as much either, so you ain't alone in this. xD
Those are some encouraging words. Hope for the best for next episodes.
Old 2021-10-04, 18:45   Link #36
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

You guys sure are getting your panties in a bunch over something so minor.
Old 2021-10-04, 19:06   Link #37
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I'm following the manga but I never considered it a fanservice manga, of course there's fanservice but the same is true for Evangelion and people don't consider it a fanservice anime.

To be honest I kinda forgot the first episodes and maybe that's because it has changed over time or maybe it makes a different impact when you see it animated.

Anyway the biggest draw to the manga for me is how absurdly detailed an horrifying are the monsters and the contrast it makes with the main character. You can't help but feeling sorry for her because if you'd see something like that IRL you'd probably go insane.

Now it's notoriously difficult to transpose horror art from black and white manga into anime, we have already seen how that (didn't) work with Junji Ito collection. I'm not entirely sure that Passione can pull it off, but I will see. The things we've seen so far are creepy but not nearly creepy enough compared to the original.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-04, 19:44   Link #38
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Honestly I think the fanservice is pretty minor compared to the actual plot of the episode. This girl's life is horrible. Even the episode put more focus on that than actual discussion so far . I know people can get distracted easily, but there was way more plot than fanservice here.

Legitimately horrible for Miko. I have no idea how she's managed to and can continue to stay remotely sane. Absolute horrors approaching her on a regular basis and all she can do is endure until they get bored and leave. No means of dealing with it, no means of creating some space for herself, just...kind of stuck. All the more so since even acknowledging it or confiding in others probably wouldn't do her much good. Not being believed would be a serious threat and really no one can help her from things they can't see.

I guess the key question will be how well the show can keep things interesting. Might run out of steam fast if I'm only ever feeling sorry for this poor girl.
Old 2021-10-04, 20:55   Link #39
Wandering Soul

The presence of fan service wasn't surprising, the amount of it on display was though.
Old 2021-10-05, 09:57   Link #40
EroKing

NSFW
Memes

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-20 at 08:37.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, horror