AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2020-10-03, 14:53   Link #21
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was disappointed they skipped the entire one shot. That means tons of information missing for anime only viewers, mainly relating to Balgo. Only thing they kept from it was the Soul Society reveal and the logo spelling Bleach in red.

Animation was really nice. I didn't expect the episodes to be so short, so instead of expanding on the manga like I thought the anime would, they ended up cutting some content from the serialized chapters. Nothing important though.

All in all, a fun adaptation. I wonder if there's going to be a season 2 like with the manga.
Old 2020-10-04, 19:39   Link #22
Decel

Loved the worldbuilding! Wish this was longer.
Old 2020-10-08, 14:57   Link #23
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I was disappointed they skipped the entire one shot. That means tons of information missing for anime only viewers, mainly relating to Balgo. Only thing they kept from it was the Soul Society reveal and the logo spelling Bleach in red.
As an anime only viewer it really felt like I was entering the story from the second or third episode and I missed out on the first episode. Still ended up enjoying the movie though, hopefully there's going to be more in the future and I'll definitely check out the manga now.
Old 2020-10-09, 19:05   Link #24
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Just watched. Mother of expositions, it sure felt like Kubo with all those explanations about monsters and the anticlimatic fight scene. I mean, a secondary character finishes the dragon in secret while the heroes are just talking.
Old 2020-10-12, 05:07   Link #25
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Yeah, I'm glad I read the one shot before watching this because otherwise I would've been totally lost.

It was really enjoyable 3 episode OVA though. The characters have great chemistry and the magical setting is imaginative and layered. The story reminded me of the old school Bleach I knew and loved (before it became that infamous worn out mess). The animation was particularly excellent: Studio Colorido is building quite a reputation with its focus on colourful urban fantasies, though I suppose only doing OVAs and films allows them to keep a clean sheet.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-12, 09:43   Link #26
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

An excellent series. Studio Colorido really outdid themselves here. They really captured the feel of the manga here, in a way that a lot of adaptations don't.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-24, 19:16   Link #27
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

OK, I don't what movie or OVA you're all watching. The series Burn the Witch is streaming on Crunchyroll with three completed episodes. Is that all there is? I'm used to series ending as a tease for the manga, but really this hardly covered any ground at all.

Well, one good thing is Twin Engine no longer has that silly motorcycle opening that they had at the beginning of every one of their shows on Amazon.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-25, 06:37   Link #28
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
OK, I don't what movie or OVA you're all watching. The series Burn the Witch is streaming on Crunchyroll with three completed episodes. Is that all there is? I'm used to series ending as a tease for the manga, but really this hardly covered any ground at all.
I'm not sure I remember the publication details exactly, but IIRC, Burn the Witch has a oneshot and a very short series of a few chapters. The three CR episodes covered all of those chapters. (The oneshot was about how Balgo found his way to Reverse London.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-25, 13:13   Link #29
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yeah, the manga didn't get any further than the OVA. We know more manga will come, but we have no idea when.
Old 2020-11-05, 15:40   Link #30
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
And, here I was wondering why this show wasn't updating. I really enjoyed the episodes that we got, it sucks that at least for now there won't be more.
Old 2023-12-31, 23:05   Link #31
Alchemist007
*Author

Burn the Witch #0.8

Well there's another entry now. It was entertaining and well animated. Maybe we'll get more? Maybe in less than 3 years next time? Probably not?

8/10
Old 2024-01-01, 12:41   Link #32
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Well there's another entry now. It was entertaining and well animated. Maybe we'll get more? Maybe in less than 3 years next time? Probably not?

8/10
Considering no new chapters have come out those past three years and there are zero indications Kubo is working on it, don't get your hopes up. Besides, Bleach Hell Arc which isn't being worked on either will most likely be prioritized.