AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-10-12, 12:23   Link #21
WingedAccelerator

Finally, Sugimoto embraced his likeness to Jotaro.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-12, 12:49   Link #22
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

What's the cure for depression and/or brain damage? Lots of blunt trauma to the head followed by immersion in ice water. Yeah, that tracks.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-12, 18:48   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode was peak Golden Kamuy.
Old 2020-10-12, 19:46   Link #24
Wandering Soul

I was going to say this episode would have embodied everything Golden Kamui is if it only had some Asirpa and some "Hina, Hina". Then I saw the post credit scene so this episode really does embody Golden Kamui.
Old 2020-10-12, 21:08   Link #25
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Sugimoto finely snapped just cant keep get hurt forever
Old 2020-10-13, 03:47   Link #26
WingedAccelerator

By the way, I think it could be a split cour again. Season 1 had the same distribution of BD/DVD releases, 3 volumes with 4 episodes in each. News came out that it confirmed for 12 episodes, only for the last episode to announce that the next cour premieres 3 months later. Fingers crossed for April 2021 Season 4.
Old 2020-10-13, 05:38   Link #27
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I don't know if there's enough manga.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-13, 07:00   Link #28
WingedAccelerator

There is. This episode ended with Chapter 147. The manga is at Chapter 255.
So far the pacing is fine, slower than Season 1 and Season 2. They definitely plan to reach Chapter 190, so either the pacing will increase, or the second cour is in the bag.
Old 2020-10-13, 08:40   Link #29
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Man, Sugimoto's got a lot of emotional baggage that a boxing match is the way to cure it.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-13, 14:43   Link #30
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Boy, I'm glad that wolverine didn't attack the one area I immediately thought it would attack. XP
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-13, 15:09   Link #31
AntonKutovoi

Heh, Tsukishima speaks Russian better than the Russian characters here
At least I can actually understand him
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-19, 15:29   Link #32
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I was rather sceptical that such a meander towards a side character would interest me when I realised it was going there but in the end it proved to be a very compelling story. How strange of a life to be damned and then saved by lies on top of lies. Tsukishima killed his own father when the lie that his fiancée committed suicide rebounded into the worst possible conclusion, but when it came to Tsurumi he finally learnt to control his temper enough to save Tsurumi's life and not live another life of regret when he inevitably found out the truth(?). There's a question mark because I'm not fully sure what role the guy who told Tsurumi's lie to Tsukishima played here. I'm assuming it was him that was looking in the tent when Tsukishima and Tsurumi discussed everything in the aftermath but whether that implies Tsurumi manipulating Tsukishima to an even greater degree, I'm not sure.

And Nikaido continues to be a source for some rather disturbingly dark humour. I've never seen a character so disturbing as his developments played for laughs the way it is. He's technically a villain but fate loves to shit on him so much and story loves laughing at his expense that I just feel sorry for him. He lost his twin brother, then he lost a foot, then he lost both ears and now he's lost his chopstick hand. And somewhere in between all that he gained a morphine addiction...

Last edited by Haak; 2020-10-19 at 17:05.
Old 2020-10-19, 16:03   Link #33
WingedAccelerator

Some of Tsurumi's soldiers are perfectly aware that they are manipulated, but can't help their curiosity and desire to follow a man that goes to such lengths in order to earn their trust. And also, stupid sexy Tsurumi charisma.

Looks like they will rearrange some chapters. Hijikata and his group were supposed to star in the next episode, but instead it will be Immortal Sugimoto's Harakiri Show. I don't think they will skip the Hijikata chapters since the Opening made a clear reference to them, so it must be some directing choice.
Old 2020-10-19, 18:51   Link #34
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I was rather sceptical that such a meander towards a side character would interest me when I realised it was going there but in the end it proved to be a very compelling story. How strange of a life to be damned and then saved by lies on top of lies. Tsukishima killed his own father when the lie that his fiancée committed suicide rebounded into the worst possible conclusion, but when it came to Tsurumi he finally learnt to control his temper enough to save Tsurumi's life and not live another life of regret when he inevitably found out the truth(?). There's a question mark because I'm not fully sure what role the guy who told Tsurumi's lie to Tsukishima played here. I'm assuming it was him that was looking in the tent when Tsukishima and Tsurumi discussed everything in the aftermath but whether that implies Tsurumi manipulating Tsukishima to an even greater degree, I'm not sure.
The guy peeking into the tent and Tsurumi's grin makes it obvious Tsurumi is manipulating Tsukishima, but honestly, I don't know where the lies end and where the truth begins. My gut feeling tells me the girl being killed by the father is the real story, and the girl living happily in Tokyo is the lie. Tsurumi had his man tell Tsukishima the truth in order to test his loyalty, and when he proved himself to him, he decided to keep letting him live the sweet lie.

That was really an amazing episode.
Old 2020-10-19, 19:12   Link #35
Wandering Soul

There is no doubt that Tsukshima is being manipulated, it's tough to say what's a lie and what is the truth. It may not even matter in the end as Tsukishima was ultimately saved by Tsurumi's lie.
Old 2020-10-19, 21:00   Link #36
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Hajime has some backstory but got to hand it to Tsurumi really knows how to manipulate him
Old 2020-10-23, 23:23   Link #37
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Now I'm confused too by who's telling the truth with Tsukishima.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-26, 13:50   Link #38
EroKing

Episode 4

I died. Then I died a few more times watching the rest, not as dead as those Russians though. Funniest episode of season 3 so far.

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-21 at 10:46.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-26, 15:52   Link #39
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Two dick jokes, a pile of pixelated shit, and Immortal Sugimoto proves once again that he is unaffected by wounds. Just your basic Golden Kamuy episode. Oh, and Sugimoto shows off his ripped body again.

Any ideas why Kiroranke is headed toward that prison? More tattoos? Something else?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-26, 16:03   Link #40
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Tags
action, historical