AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2019-12-15, 17:59   Link #21
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Chapter 20:
That flower means love, it also means curse but also revenge.

Spoiled girls keep poking the bee's hive .
Old 2020-08-17, 14:01   Link #22
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

It's always the shy ones huh.
Old 2022-02-08, 01:58   Link #23
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Idk if anyone's still reading this, but man I had to comment on Jimi actually showing genuine emotion for the first time in this manga's 45 chapter run. Also, yes. Despite this manga being a trainwreck for awile now, I've somehow managed to stick with it all this time. I'm surprised myself at how I managed to pull that off.

I thought Goblin Slayer was a lost cause as a human being, but this dude took not just the cake, but the whole fucking bakery too.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-08, 11:06   Link #24
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Broken Jimi is something you don't expect to come like this. The man has bottled too many emotions and now we know why he's been on meds for years.
Old 2022-02-08, 14:31   Link #25
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

I think it's too little, too late tbh. This guy's been stone-faced for essentially 99.9% of this manga's runtime and despite having many opportunities where Jimi could've shown emotion to evoke greater impact, the author waits till now to play that card.

I wasn't impressed with the way it was handled tbh. Sure we got to see a genuine pained/sad expression, but we got it during what one would call a throwaway conversation. He's participated in quite a few sensitive conversations that have all touched on his past/personal life and didn't crumble then, but you're telling me he crumbles here of all places?

I get that he was off his meds in this particular instance, but this could've happened much earlier and in a much more impactful way. The most recent instances I can think of was when he got locked on the roof with Hananaka or when he was talking to Tenjiku about how she reminded him of his past self and that she'd break just like him someday. Both of these situations would've presented a better payoff for having him breakdown than what we got here in chapter 45.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-08, 16:46   Link #26
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

IMO the author is just showing glances, bit by bit through the manga showing his past making readers piece it together.
Once the puzzle is complete I feel Jimi will finally snap.