AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2022-06-09, 07:37   Link #21
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Episode 4 is the weakest episode in the run so far, especially since it really feels like a transitional episode to the final 2.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-09, 07:56   Link #22
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I have seen ep 1-4 (which were directed by Deborah Chow IIRC) and my biggest reaction to the majority of what was presented is meh & cringe. The show (so far) simply has a bit too many problems in it that I can't really enjoy it other than Ewan Mcgregor's acting & Darth Vader's screentime.

Let's see if the last 2 episodes (directed by someone else IIRC) will actually be legit good.
Old 2022-06-09, 18:01   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Episode 4 is the weakest episode in the run so far, especially since it really feels like a transitional episode to the final 2.
I didn't know it was only six episodes long. The pacing really isn't good.
Old 2022-06-15, 06:30   Link #24
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Episode 5 is probably the best one so far.

Spoiler for Spoilers:

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2022-06-15 at 06:52.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-15, 16:59   Link #25
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It was indeed a great episode. My only complaint would be that they didn't de-age Hayden Christensen in the flashback, you could definitely tell 20 years have passed since the prequel trilogy. It was jarring.
Old 2022-06-15, 20:02   Link #26
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It was indeed a great episode. My only complaint would be that they didn't de-age Hayden Christensen in the flashback, you could definitely tell 20 years have passed since the prequel trilogy. It was jarring.
He looked better in some scenes than others. I think they're hoping you'll be too distracted by the reflections to notice. I'm a big fan of the ambient hue lightsabers give off nowadays too.

Dual wielding Vader is so wrong and yet so right.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-16, 01:51   Link #27
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I feel like I was thrown back into the Prequel era of SW. Boy, that ship that Vader Force-grabbed on looked so fake & so bad.

How can Apple TV & BBC made such convincing living breathing dinosaurs in their Prehistoric Planet series for 4+hours straight and yet Disney & Lucasfilm failed to make a convincing rocket-propelled lump of metal in a minute or two??

Also, just for fun:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2022-06-16, 07:05   Link #28
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kind of didn't comment on the plot. It never really occurred to me that the Third Sister knowing Vader's identity was weird. I assumed all the Inquisitors knew it since it's not like there's any reason for him to hide it. I guess Obi-wan knows him enough to know it's something he would want to hide out of shame or whatever. Anyway, Obi-wan played his cards pretty well. The decoy ship was smart.

I figured the Third Sister wanted to kill Vader but I thought it was a matter of ambition rather than revenge. Never stood a chance against him. I'm not sure why they left her alive. They go through the trouble of hunting down and killing force sensitive people and yet they leave someone who was trained and expressed the desire to kill them live.
That said, it'll be interesting to see where they're going with her, assuming there'll be a second season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I'm a big fan of the ambient hue lightsabers give off nowadays too.
I love it too.
Old 2022-06-16, 17:13   Link #29
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

What poor sap was flying the decoy ship?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-16, 17:55   Link #30
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
What poor sap was flying the decoy ship?
A droid, most likely.
Old 2022-06-16, 21:41   Link #31
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
A droid, most likely.
Have we seen droids piloting? I suppose there’s no reason why they couldn’t (shit, we have auto-pilot in the RW) but it doesn’t seem like something Star Wars has done much of.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-16, 21:49   Link #32
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

RLM boys' review is always hilarious & a fun watch. And of course I agree with many of their criticism:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2022-06-21, 20:23   Link #33
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Final episode tomorrow but apparently there's buzz of a Cal Kestis (Jedi: Fallen Order protagonist) live action series. We'll see if anything comes of it.
Old 2022-06-21, 20:58   Link #34
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Have we seen droids piloting? I suppose there’s no reason why they couldn’t (shit, we have auto-pilot in the RW) but it doesn’t seem like something Star Wars has done much of.
Pilot droids do exist (Count Dooku had an FA-4 to operate his Punworcca Solar Sailor), so this is entirely fair.
Old 2022-06-22, 10:27   Link #35
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

I really liked the Obi Wan series more than I expected. I wonder if we'll see Third Sister somewhere in the future...
Old 2022-06-22, 12:16   Link #36
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

There were some really stupid moments in the final episode.

Spoiler for final episode:

Quote:
I really liked the Obi Wan series more than I expected. I wonder if we'll see Third Sister somewhere in the future...
I don't mind her appearing elsewhere (maybe Jedi Survivor?) but please, no spin-off.
Old 2022-06-22, 13:00   Link #37
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

My last impression of the show is one big MEH.

It just has too many contrivances, conveniences & stupidity for me to overlook. The original 1977 Star Wars aside, a lot of episodes from Star Trek TOS from the 60s & the OG Gundam downright outsmarted this entire show.

And this final episode actually made Obi Wan even more guilty of not finishing Vader when he got the chance. From this point on, all the innocent lives that Vader will kill are on Obi Wan basically.

Congratulations for bringing Obi Wan's character down to the gutter while elevating Leia's a lot more (which is so funny considering Disney's own Sequel Trilogy ruined her life and trampled on all her achievements during the OT). And Reva, that freakin' annoying b***h lives through two light saber stabbings (one when she was still a freakin' kid) that not even Qui Gon managed to survive one. Sure Disney, suuure.

So when will Reva get her own show? It is very clear from this "Obi Wan" show that Lucas-Disney is more than itching to pull the trigger. They're practically holding themselves from nutting the green light.
Old 2022-06-22, 18:15   Link #38
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
And this final episode actually made Obi Wan even more guilty of not finishing Vader when he got the chance. From this point on, all the innocent lives that Vader will kill are on Obi Wan basically.
That he was able to disable Vader doesn't mean killing him would have been easy from there, plus Luke was still at risk. And Vader doesn't rule the Empire either, Palpatine/Sidious does.

Bringing back Maul was probably a bad idea in hindsight, now Sith can basically survive everything if they're angsty enough. Its better than dyads in the force but not by much.
Old 2022-06-22, 18:46   Link #39
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
That he was able to disable Vader doesn't mean killing him would have been easy from there, plus Luke was still at risk. And Vader doesn't rule the Empire either, Palpatine/Sidious does.
Vader could barely breathe. Finishing him off couldn't have been that hard. Even so, the point is he didn't even try. He was dead set on settling the score with Anakin and he just ended up walking away because...? What Vader told him should have actually made it easier to end him. Not to mention all the horrible things he's done (and will keep doing for another 10+ years thanks to him).

And Obi-wan had no idea Luke was at risk when he decided to spare Vader, so that argument doesn't fly.

Vader doesn't rule the empire but he's powerful enough that Sidious still decided to keep him after he was turned into a potato. He's the one killing the most powerful Jedis who survived the purge. Killing him would have dealt a huge blow to the Empire.
Old 2022-06-22, 20:20   Link #40
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Bringing back Maul was probably a bad idea in hindsight, now Sith can basically survive everything if they're angsty enough. Its better than dyads in the force but not by much.
Amongst a great many terrible decisions from TCW series.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote