4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-07-10, 03:00   Link #21
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Nice episode introducing the other Servants like everyone's favorite Trap Astolfo, loli Jack the Ripper and Saber's "son" Mordred. I wonder if the anime will show a flashback of Mordred's mother, who i think was Arturia's own sister.
Old 2017-07-10, 03:51   Link #22
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Actually, yes writters of Fate franchise can bullshit their way out of anything and people Will indeed accept it. If they didn't Franchise wouldn't exist in first place.
What do you base this on? Surely you have some examples?

@Obelisk, I'm not offended. I merely call you out for souring up every discussion with toxic condescension.

Every time people are wondering 'why X?' or 'how Y?' you immediately jump in with 'because type moon' and completely shut down any form of enjoyable discussion. It's toxic.

You know, I came here wanting to discuss the episode and even run an inventory on known servants and what we know about them but here I again run into all this pointlessness and see an environment not very welcoming of my type of discussion.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-10, 03:59   Link #23
Tenzen12

You tell me. Say name I will explain why it's bullshit. Servants and magics that make sense are more of exceptions than rule.
Old 2017-07-10, 04:00   Link #24
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

If there are so many you can just name a few.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-10, 04:36   Link #25
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
@Obelisk, I'm not offended. I merely call you out for souring up every discussion with toxic condescension.

Every time people are wondering 'why X?' or 'how Y?' you immediately jump in with 'because type moon' and completely shut down any form of enjoyable discussion. It's toxic.

You know, I came here wanting to discuss the episode and even run an inventory on known servants and what we know about them but here I again run into all this pointlessness and see an environment not very welcoming of my type of discussion.
Every time? See my posts again in the previous page.
  • First post: Applehell addressed the genderbent-issue which I quick to give it a reply of why such thing is passable for Jackie. Is it toxic? Nope, my post was meant to make the discussion moving forward from yet another genderbent issue.
  • Second post: I addressed Flareknight’s curiosity about the “relic” that can be used to summon Jackie with my own theory. Is it toxic? Far from it. It encouraged further discussion (which later carried on by Tenzen).
  • Third post: I replied to Applehell who brought up “why villains become servant?”. And since the show hasn’t answered that point yet (will it ever be answered though?) I basically suggested to wait and see because, yes, crazy things and crazy reveals happen in Fate anime. Is that comment toxic? It really depends on who sees it. For a Fate fans as (overly) sensitive as you, it might sound discouraging but my intent was never to make things sour nor to discourage discussions.

I think you need to calm down because, as you can see, nobody else is as triggered as you so far. In fact, if you keep acting like this, I bet more newcomers will be turned off and staying away from the discussions in this threads due to the negative tone and atmosphere.
Old 2017-07-10, 05:37   Link #26
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
If there are so many you can just name a few.
Well, ok Let's start just with FSN: Arthuria being girl, Mana transfer, downgrade Caliburn killing Herc 3 times, Arthuria being servant even though she is alive, Tousaka CQC weak servant. Kojiro as whole. I could probably remember some more.

Not nitpicking in Fate "logic" is first skill fan have to learn. That's pretty much common sense among organised fandom. Picking fun of it is alright too, but pretending it doesn't exist is hardly cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Thanks for the informative reply. So, there are many forms of Jack just like Hassan? Now that's interesting. Man, I really want to see a Jack form that resembles the Jack in Detective Conan movie .
I will throw little piece of trivia as bonus. Remember blond kid from 1st episode (Go Tiger!)? In main time line he will become master of other Jack (berserker). One that has no fixed identity but can shapeshift into anyone and anything hypotized to be jack. His wish for grail is find who was real culprit and also he is forbbiden use form of little kid because it always result in stripper like loli and huge bloodlust.
Old 2017-07-10, 06:05   Link #27
Aetherdraw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post

I will throw little piece of trivia as bonus. Remember blond kid from 1st episode (Go Tiger!)? In main time line he will become master of other Jack (berserker). One that has no fixed identity but can shapeshift into anyone and anything hypotized to be jack. His wish for grail is find who was real culprit and also he is forbbiden use form of little kid because it always result in stripper like loli and huge bloodlust.
I took a look at him, and he's pretty chill and a cool personality for a Berserker class. Guess that's because he's more of the "Urban myth" type with a low mad enhancement ranking.
Aetherdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-10, 06:09   Link #28
Tenzen12

Well Berserker Jack the ripper is definitely sane one of master servant duo

That said his ME is weird thing because it actually reverted his natural
insanity and made him chill guy instead.
Old 2017-07-10, 06:15   Link #29
Aetherdraw

Quote:
Well Berserker Jack the ripper is definitely sane one of master servant duo

That said his ME is weird thing because it actually reverted his natural
insanity and made him chill guy instead.
I guess the pseudo grail went, "Having a crazy berserker would be too overkill for this kid, let's give him a chill one instead. He can still go crazy in strength if needed anyways."
Aetherdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-10, 08:36   Link #30
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So you have people fighting in public, organized teams of masters and servants, and at least one servant who can use their NP at will. I assume the rules of this continuity are different from the original.

Likewise, since Mordred refers to her "father"... is it Arthur or Arturia in this continuity?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-10, 09:06   Link #31
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
So you have people fighting in public, organized teams of masters and servants, and at least one servant who can use their NP at will. I assume the rules of this continuity are different from the original.

Likewise, since Mordred refers to her "father"... is it Arthur or Arturia in this continuity?
It's Arturia/Artoria/Altria in all Fate continuities except for Prototype.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-10, 11:37   Link #32
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Strange Fake is not in main timeline.
Instead, it lies in a very unique string of Quantum Clocks that contains the content of both Tsuikihime time line and Fate time line.

Tsukihime time lines are vampires>guardians of humanity thus Servants do not exist, while Fate timelines are guardian of humanity>vampires thus 27 Ancestors don't exists.

But in Strange Fake, both Servants and 27 Ancestors exists.
It is one of the anomaly timelines like Illya verse and Grand Order.
shmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-10, 11:49   Link #33
Tenzen12

I am pretty sure dead apostles aka vampires exist in fate and I am almost sure that fake never mentioned true ancestors. I don't mind be proven wrong though.
Old 2017-07-10, 12:03   Link #34
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
I am pretty sure dead apostles aka vampires exist in fate and I am almost sure that fake never mentioned true ancestors. I don't mind be proven wrong though.
Yes, Dead Apostle exists in normal Fate time lines, but NOT the 27 Ancestors.

So far, only Strange Fake world has both Servants and 27 Ancestors. The Maze Ancestor gave the dimension hopper a phone call.
(But I have not done my research on Waver world yet, so I am not sure on that one. Any expert on the Waver stories mind come out and clarify?)
Old 2017-07-10, 12:06   Link #35
Tenzen12

Maze guy was ancestor? I was sure he was apostle too. Well, I will take your word for it, thanks for correction.
Old 2017-07-10, 12:42   Link #36
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

We have the identities of all the servants of Black already. Kinda wished for a bit more mystery. Frankenstein and Jack the Ripper were surprises.

Going by the OP and ED, Jeanne seems to be the main character. I wonder what the ruler class is supposed to do exactly in this war.

Mordred was pretty impressive in this episode. Her being strong with a sword was expected, but I never thought she would be able of such feats with her bare hands! I like what they're doing with her. She has a pretty cool personality that's very different from that of her "father", and her fighting style is a lot more aggressive as a result. Her master is also badass. They're definitely the best duo in the series so far.

Kotomine Shirou? If not for his voice being different, I would have thought he was this timeline's Emiya Shirou raised by Kotomine instead. With a surname like that and the fact Mordred and her master already distrust him, what are the chances he's a good guy? I'd say pretty much none.
Old 2017-07-10, 13:03   Link #37
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Maze guy was ancestor? I was sure he was apostle too. Well, I will take your word for it, thanks for correction.
All 27 Ancestors are Dead Apostles.
27 Ancestors is a hierarchy given to high class Dead Apostles. They are not to be confused with True Ancestors.
Old 2017-07-10, 13:07   Link #38
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I wonder what the ruler class is supposed to do exactly in this war.
IIRC, its said in ep1 that Ruler appears to make sure that the HGW goes smoothly.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-10, 13:07   Link #39
Tenzen12

What about Van Fem then? Flat met him irc.

Also I believe either Nasu or Takeuchi explicitly mentioned that Fake has "same condition" as FSN.
Old 2017-07-10, 13:26   Link #40
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Van Fem is the No.14 of the 27

Yes, Strange Fake shares many circumstances with Night, but with Tsukihime as well.
Other timelines are either or, but Strange Fake has both.