AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-08-13, 22:35   Link #21
cabman11

Does anyone here truly believe that at this point it's okay to call him Chuck Norris?
Old 2016-08-13, 22:51   Link #22
Darius Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
His advantage is high, but we don't really know what the standard is with body strengthening magic so it's hard to say where his stats really stand. It's more the techniques that are the cheat than his body.

I think rather than a fancy utility skill he'd be better off with something simpler. Something like Fighting Spirit(body all round up), that magic spear skill you thought up, or an instant movement skill. There's no reason to produce materials when he's really only outfitting himself and gets plenty of material while just leveling up. It'd be a waste of his dismantling skill if he could just produce material on demand.
With the material skill I thought up, he'd still have to use dismantling. He'd just have unlimited resources of any material he's already dismantled. So unless he's killed and skinned a Dragon before, he can't make Dragon Scale Armour. Once he has, he can create unlimited amounts of Dragon Scale Armour, however.

Basically, for the utility skills, I was searching for a skill that will be considered broken by the system, but that he would have difficulty truly exploiting. The limitation of Creating Mana Cores, for example, is that it relies on his Mana Pool to create them, and thus has size limitations based on his mana pool. The ability to "create" ores is useful, but he'd have difficulty getting his hands on the rarer ores ones being produced due to the introduction of magic, so he can't truly exploit it. And, for animal body parts, he needs to essentially kill and skin the animals himself to make them, and if he's done that he's probably already received enough materials to make himself whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman11 View Post
Does anyone here truly believe that at this point it's okay to call him Chuck Norris?
Not yet. He still can't move the world with his pushups, doesn't trust hims body to kill the monsters, and is too hidden from the public view. Once he hits his level 50 class, then he can be called that.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-13, 23:24   Link #23
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Drake View Post
With the material skill I thought up, he'd still have to use dismantling. He'd just have unlimited resources of any material he's already dismantled. So unless he's killed and skinned a Dragon before, he can't make Dragon Scale Armour. Once he has, he can create unlimited amounts of Dragon Scale Armour, however.

Basically, for the utility skills, I was searching for a skill that will be considered broken by the system, but that he would have difficulty truly exploiting. The limitation of Creating Mana Cores, for example, is that it relies on his Mana Pool to create them, and thus has size limitations based on his mana pool. The ability to "create" ores is useful, but he'd have difficulty getting his hands on the rarer ores ones being produced due to the introduction of magic, so he can't truly exploit it. And, for animal body parts, he needs to essentially kill and skin the animals himself to make them, and if he's done that he's probably already received enough materials to make himself whatever he wants.

Not yet. He still can't move the world with his pushups, doesn't trust hims body to kill the monsters, and is too hidden from the public view. Once he hits his level 50 class, then he can be called that.
It's a nice idea but seems shiny and useless since his crafting is only to enhance his survival. It's not his main job. What would he even do with these completely pointless extra dragonscale armors? 1 dragon kill would already net him enough leather and scales to make spares if he wanted and cores don't seem hard to get for him. Money will fall into his lap just doing what he's already doing.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-14, 00:03   Link #24
Darius Drake

^ That's my point, it's shiny, powerful, and completely useless to him in all but a few specific circumstances. Making the hyped up super-awesome & powerful ability foreshadowed into a joke.
Old 2016-08-14, 00:39   Link #25
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Drake View Post
^ That's my point, it's shiny, powerful, and completely useless to him in all but a few specific circumstances. Making the hyped up super-awesome & powerful ability foreshadowed into a joke.
It looks like the skill that he gains depend on the job he chose and his existing status so unless he chose a Craft related job then skills like that wouldn't pop up anyway. Side, his main job is Lancer - a combat job - so it means that his supposedly ultimate ability is also related to that, Unless he switch his main job midway
Old 2016-08-15, 00:56   Link #26
bludvein

Wonder if he'll sub-class as a Blacksmith or go for his 2nd pick Grappler.
Old 2016-08-15, 01:27   Link #27
Darius Drake

My guess, his second job will be "Mystical Craftmaster". Craftmaster for his overwhelmingly good Blacksmithing, his levels in Artifact Creation, and to cover his levels in Dismantling, Tanning & Tailoring. Mystical because he's going to start trying to use magic to do it, and, even when he doesn't use magic, some of his creations are at the same level of those who do use magic.

Please note, this isn't his second-level job, that'll be an evolution of his first job. But a completely new secondary job that turns out to be a hidden job, just like his first.
Old 2016-08-15, 06:18   Link #28
bludvein

So what do you think he will get for crafting the dungeons? The borrowed blacksmithing tools, a skill, or the skill evolution thing for a max ability he already has?
Old 2016-08-15, 06:38   Link #29
Sizaki

Supposedly, there's not going to be a harem. The author said it himself. Not sure if that will be the result though going by that there's already like two others showing some interest for the MC. No romantic interest though. Only Rita so far has shown any romantic interest for the MC. Too early to tell tbh.
Sizaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-15, 07:18   Link #30
Darius Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
So what do you think he will get for crafting the dungeons? The borrowed blacksmithing tools, a skill, or the skill evolution thing for a max ability he already has?
Well, I suspect that he'll get to keep all the blacksmithing tools, and also receive a few additional "superior" crafting tools for other disciplines that would otherwise be impossible to gain. The reason for my suspicion is due to two things:

1. He didn't receive a skill from his "previous" quest, and instead received an object. This implies that it's easier to give him things rather than benefits.

2. He didn't gain a skill from gaining is job. We know this happened due to him not having enough magic yet to gain the skills the way others do, instead having his skill slot in "status" just reflect the skills he developed himself, not ones he created with magic and the system.

It is theoretically possible that he might receive something that will hasten his access to magic, like a Dragon's Heart he can eat. However, due to information such as the how risk associated with eating Mana Cores is being utilized in this story (the will of the beast that used to make it takes over the person who ate it), it's quite unlikely that this will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizaki View Post
Supposedly, there's not going to be a harem. The author said it himself. Not sure if that will be the result though going by that there's already like two others showing some interest for the MC. No romantic interest though. Only Rita so far has shown any romantic interest for the MC. Too early to tell tbh.
It has been stated that, due to this being a Korean Novel, it's quite unlikely that it'll go the Harem Route. If it was Chinese or Japanese, the number of highly attractive girls that the MC has had positive interactions within the last couple of days (currently 3, not including the time-stop. So 4 attractive girl's he's had positive interactions with. 2 Angels, the Empress, and the "Cute" Soldier Woman) would imply quite heavily that he'll make a harem. I like this thought for more than perverted reasons, as all four of these women have received true personality, no matter how short their view "on screen" was. (based on the translations so far)

It's actually easier to give a short summary of the female character's rough personality when they've had less screen time. Again, based on what's been translated so far, not the original text.
- Empress: Close to a Female Version of the MC who actually went to another world.
- Soldier Woman: A serious, professional woman who's easily irritated by others lack of professionalism. Keeps her rage bottled until she can lash out at those she knows can, and will, take it.
- Rita: Where the characterization starts to get tricky. After time skip, someone who's focused everything on helping the one she's attracted to as much as she can. Trickiness comes from both the extent of time she was with the MC giving her rapid (from our point of view) character growth, while also still being affected by what's essentially a dampening of all her emotions from being an Angel.
- Erta: Not going to try. While with others we do have stuff we can use as a basis, Erta's complicated by being in the story long enough that we can say that we should have a feel for her personality, while both developing as a character a certain amount AND having the Angel Emotional Dampening meaning that we see less of her personality than what we need to say something confidently.

Despite what I have just said, I do understand that this story is quite unlikely to actually end up as a Harem. I'm just hoping that we get recurring character's with as much depth as has been shown, regardless of their gender, as has been the case so far.
Old 2016-08-15, 11:52   Link #31
obnuchious

Chuck Norris he isn't but at the moment, he's somewhat close to being Jackie Chan in terms of using everything and anything around him as his weapon . . .

besides wanting to be able to use mana, I think the most important item that he wants the most is as mentioned .. Inventory...
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 02:54   Link #32
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Ooh thanks for the recommendation.

I normally stay away from Korean/Chinese based works, because I'm so used to Japanese media. That and the Korean/Chinese names are hard to remember.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 03:58   Link #33
Blankdom

Is this ever explained: (Realism question & rant)
Spoiler:

Thanks for answering, since I'm still leaning between reading it and writing it off.
Blankdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 04:09   Link #34
Sizaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blankdom View Post
Spoiler:

Thanks for answering, since I'm still leaning between reading it and writing it off.
It was somewhat explained in more than one occasion. It was some "special" timestop bullshit which I don't really remember the details of. But to begin with, it's all fantasy, so trying too bring some realism into it would prove to be difficult.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to answer the main question :S
The timestop only affected aging. So movement and such for other animals and plants still worked (So even an simple ant would be able to live for more than a few weeks). Food is still needed I believe.
Sizaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-16, 04:21   Link #35
cabman11

Quote:
Spoiler:

Some space-time fuckery that only God knows about
Old 2016-08-16, 04:34   Link #36
bludvein

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler for answer:
Old 2016-08-16, 07:00   Link #37
obnuchious

which was the reason why the monsters were stronger than expected ... they didn't age, their cells continued to do it's thing and like any living organisms, living for 1000 years without much disturbance from the humans caused them to evolve easily/rapidly once mana got introduced into the world
Old 2016-08-20, 01:52   Link #38
Blankdom

Thanks for answering guys, guess I'll try reading it then.

@Sizaki -- It's just my opinion, but: better set up = more thought put into it = better planning = better story overall
Blankdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-20, 07:13   Link #39
Darius Drake

@ Blankdom: This story's not an overly serious one. It's a comedy that doesn't go overboard with the gags, instead mixing them in when it's applicable to good effect. Think Terry Pratchett's Diskworld rather than a "Comedy" movie. There's jokes, regularly, but they aren't the focus, they're a bonus that makes the story more enjoyable and interesting. Sort of reinforcing the story in a way, and promising that we're not going to get another boring main character who spends most of their time brooding like an emo (like Sasuke from Naruto), while being understandably upset enough at his situation that we're promised not to get a main character who's going to turn into another boring "I believe in myself and my friends! THIS MEANS I WIN ALL THE IMPORTANT FIGHTS!" Main Character (like Naruto from Naruto).

@ Latest Chapter Translated: I quite like the translated Author Notes in chapter 17. Number 4 makes sense and I found it amusing, even though it's not a joke and something that readers should have realized by this point.
Old 2016-08-21, 00:33   Link #40
obnuchious

best past of the latest translated chapter...
Spoiler:

Tags
failed transfer, game elements, romance, weak become strong