AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

View Poll Results: Love Live! Sunshine - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 5 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 40.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 6.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 20.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-07-09, 14:36   Link #21
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
chika has no shame peeking under riko's skirt like that

i loved the ruby bait =)

not enough yohane

damn dia i'm an hardcore fan and coul'nt answer this last question
You wouldn't be able to answer that question because the question was not translated properly.

Maki, Eli, Nozomi and Rin weren't skipping lines of lyrics. They were doing the skips. I rewatched OP for that.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-09, 14:42   Link #22
zeross87

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
You wouldn't be able to answer that question because the question was not translated properly.

Maki, Eli, Nozomi and Rin weren't skipping lines of lyrics. They were doing the skips. I rewatched OP for that.

well uh, i understood it like that, it didn't ever occur me she could be refering to lyrics skip, i imediately thought dance steps.
but still coul'nt answer it
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-09, 14:47   Link #23
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeross87 View Post
well uh, i understood it like that, it didn't ever occur me she could be refering to lyrics skip, i imediately thought dance steps.
but still coul'nt answer it
I can't process "skipping the beginning of the song" as anything else thanks to the lack of preposition.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-09, 14:51   Link #24
zeross87

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
I can't process "skipping the beginning of the song" as anything else thanks to the lack of preposition.
oh wow i didn't realize it until you mentioned it, yeah it miss a word, i guess my brain just added it on its own without notifiying me
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-09, 15:11   Link #25
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

still cant get into this, main reason is if u have a picture of the whole cast of this anime and of the first one, you can tell they just redesign all the characters to look slightly different then the first anime, seems like the studio didnt want to risk something new and kept the old formula
Old 2016-07-09, 16:01   Link #26
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
FlareKnight's post was excellent, and pretty much covered what I was going to say in reply. So I'm going to use this post to talk about what I like most about Sunshine so far.

What I like most is the Chika/You friendship. It feels very cute and well-balanced to me. It feels like a real normal friendship. I like that a lot.
Old 2016-07-09, 16:28   Link #27
Wandering Soul

So Dia isn't just knowledgeable when it comes idol groups, but she's a hardcore fan. Any chance she had of preserving her serious kaichou image is gone.

There wasn't much to Riko's back story, but it still helped sell her character and Chika's solution also helped her character. You's friendship with Chika and how it is presented is also still nice to see.

I'm not that bothered by the constant mentioning of Muse as some other people seem to be. I guess that has to do with the fact that I haven't watched the original series yet, so rather than seeing it as this series being unable to stand on its own, I simply see it as them wanting to show just how much of a driving force they are for Chika and a few other characters.
Old 2016-07-09, 17:58   Link #28
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Ha, so this time we will have a sisters in the same group.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-09, 19:25   Link #29
Nork22

Speaking of the balcony scene, someone at Dengeki has a good sense of humour.
Old 2016-07-09, 19:37   Link #30
Pen3

What was with the entire diving scene? Is that really used as some kind of mental therapy and it actually cured her? I don't want them to drag it on for episodes, but the intro made it seem like a big problem, but was solved in a single dive. Well the real test wold be doing it during a live performance though. Also when Riko was asking for lines and they made a joke, i didn't get that either. The jokes in the second half came out all flat and emotionless, or is it just me?

Last edited by Pen3; 2016-07-09 at 19:59.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-09, 20:06   Link #31
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
What was with the entire diving scene? Is that really used as some kind of mental therapy and it actually cured her? I don't want them to drag it on for episodes, but the intro made it seem like a big problem, but was solved in a single dive.
Shigatsu's Arima could have been spared a lot of trouble if he had met Chika!

But I didn't have a problem with the episode's comedy. I chuckled a few times during the episode. I think the 2nd half of the episode was aiming for feels more than laughs (other than the one slapstick comedy moment at Riko's expense).
Old 2016-07-09, 20:07   Link #32
Pen3

The comedy in first half was good, but the second half was when it just died. Maybe it is as you said, they were trying to be emotional and throwing in flat jokes just doesn't seem to work.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-09, 21:08   Link #33
AP24

Looks like every episode will have μ's song as insert song. My guess they will all be μ's songs performed in the anime. Which one do you think is next?

Also, about time the franchise gets a sub-forum though should have been done a long time ago.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-09, 22:00   Link #34
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
So Dia isn't just knowledgeable when it comes idol groups, but she's a hardcore fan. Any chance she had of preserving her serious kaichou image is gone.
And sunshine is much better because of it.

Spoiler for There's more than one fan who does this, I'm sure:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I'm not that bothered by the constant mentioning of Muse as some other people seem to be. I guess that has to do with the fact that I haven't watched the original series yet, so rather than seeing it as this series being unable to stand on its own, I simply see it as them wanting to show just how much of a driving force they are for Chika and a few other characters.
Same here, and I did watch the original recently. Really, its inevitable Muse would get brought up like this, since the way the original story ended basically had them turned into legends, and its been known since day one the group was Chika's inspiration to start the whole thing. Ironically, the fact Muse is used like this shows how different sunshine, and LL in general is at the present time, since now there are real big names and expectations attached to the whole school idol thing, whereas Muse had to forge its own story from scratch.

Anyway, it doesn't bother me, however, this is certainly just the beginning, because those expectations will definetly create many different opinions as sunshine rolls on. It's only the beginning.

By the way, I did find the diving session lacking, and the final part was, well, not silly enough, as in I was hoping Chika to fall like an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Ha, so this time we will have a sisters in the same group.
Yup, another big difference from the original, and just nice to see.

Bonus.
Spoiler for Dubious recruiting methods:
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-09, 23:58   Link #35
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Looks like every episode will have μ's song as insert song. My guess they will all be μ's songs performed in the anime.
Oh god I hope not.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 01:09   Link #36
Raviel

On a slightly more serious note, I don't see how Chika's casualness when it comes to muse somehow makes people think that she isn't taking this seriously. I mean in the end she's putting forth far more effort than someone who has only superficial interest in being a school idol. Anyone who didn't really want it would've given up already.

Also, while I may get some flak for this............I believe a lot of the things Dia knows would be useless in the long run (don't get me wrong though I absolutely loved that side of her). Aqours certainly aren't going to find much use in knowing who sang what part of "Bokura Ima no Naka de".
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 02:56   Link #37
Sagitta Luminis
Yousoro~

Pushing the ship tease right off the bat, huh? Sunrise knows their audience. I hope we will finally get to see more of the third and first years next episode.
Old 2016-07-10, 03:51   Link #38
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Really, its inevitable Muse would get brought up like this,
I certainly didn't expect μ’s to get brought up this much. In fact, one of my fears going into this show was the exact opposite - I was fearful that μ’s would seem forgotten aside from (maybe) Chika bringing them up once or twice. This franchise is going super-fast into a "new group" sequel, so if anything, I had expected a clean break from the past to reinforce that fast transitioning. Dia being a hardcore μ’s fan was a complete surprise to me. (To be fair, there are some positives to it - It makes Dia more amusing to me, and probably more likable)

That being said, I really appreciate the overall even-handedness of your post. I just wanted to explain in more detail where I'm coming from here. I was truly surprised, almost shocked really, by how much μ’s was discussed in this episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
On a slightly more serious note, I don't see how Chika's casualness when it comes to muse somehow makes people think that she isn't taking this seriously.
When people take X seriously, they usually have a good thorough knowledge of X. So when you encounter someone who claims to be a huge fan of X, but can't correctly answer some pretty basic questions about X... Well, it doesn't inspire confidence, that's for sure. I completely understand where Dia is coming from. At least one of Dia's questions was heavy-duty intricate, but two of them were pretty basic questions. Questions on the level of asking a hardcore Beatles fan "What's the name of the Beatles first single?"

Anyway, this could become a good start to character development. Maybe it'll cause Chika to learn more about μ’s. That might even be a necessary part of Chika winning over Dia later on.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2016-07-10 at 04:10.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-10, 06:52   Link #39
Seihai
スマイリウム

Didn't Chika say she only learned about school idols being a thing recently? And then combined with the fact that she is the type to act before she thinks, she just didn't bother going into detailed knowledge and she figured it was enough to grasp the big picture of school idol's "shininess" etc.
Old 2016-07-10, 07:15   Link #40
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

not sure why several people joked at that balcony scene that Chika got a BAD END because she fell from her window, they said it reminded them of a similar scene from an older tragic drama genre anime.......
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote