1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-05-15, 13:20   Link #21
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I wonder if anyone here still maintain even a thread of sympathy to the Wind at this point
They completely lost mine the moment I saw that cute catgirl crying out for her father.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-15, 13:36   Link #22
Gravitas Free Zone

I'm surprised that the Makina/Reina hasn't been commented on.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-15, 13:41   Link #23
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitas Free Zone View Post
I'm surprised that the Makina/Reina hasn't been commented on.
Nah uh, I was first to post yuri moments!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-15, 13:46   Link #24
Dash_Hunter

Apparently this episode is very interesting but I'll need subs to understand all, the only things I got without subs is that the water and apples from windermere together causes Var, and that Windermere really used the dimensional weapon on their own planet themselves.

I knew Windermere reminded me of Belka for a reason.
Spoiler for Belka:
Old 2016-05-15, 14:15   Link #25
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post
Apparently this episode is very interesting but I'll need subs to understand all, the only things I got without subs is that the water and apples from windermere together causes Var, and that Windermere really used the dimensional weapon on their own planet themselves.
Well, according to Mirage, the Wind was attempting to use their dimension weapons against the NUNs, unfortunately for them, it backfired.

Of course, rudimentary dimension accidents weapons existed since SDF. This was the infamous episode where the SDF overloaded its pinpoint barrier, which ended up obliterating an entire city in the process. The Grand Cannon too, could have suffered a meltdown since it was used the first time & last time when the entire Zentradi fleet besieged Earth. If there had been a malfunction, it could have cracked Earth into pieces even before the Zentradi opened fire!

I imagine there was a boo-boo with Wind when they attempted to put their superweapon into operational use for the very first time.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2016-05-15, 14:19   Link #26
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Grand Cannon used Earth's geothermal energies. It has nothing to do with dimensional weapons.
It fired once and then the Zentraedi counterattacked and practically destroyed it.
By at least 2040 Earth has six Grand Cannons protecting them, IIRC.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-15, 14:22   Link #27
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Grand Cannon used Earth's geothermal energies. It has nothing to do with dimensional weapons.
It fired once and then the Zentraedi counterattacked and practically destroyed it.
By at least 2040 Earth has six Grand Cannons protecting them, IIRC.
I was referring to the likely-hood of using experimental weapons for the first time, which could lead to unforeseen consequences.

But the Grand Canon was a heavy reaction quantum weapon, and classified as a Dimension Weapon. It achieved the same effect as a Dimension Eater, which caused collapse of real-space to achieve a black-hole effect. The geothermal energies were simply powering the weapon. This was of course, reverse engineered from what they found on the first SDF, or a mere gunship, according to Supervision Army standards.

A total of 5 grand cannons were planned for construction. Four were to be built on Earth, and one on the Moon. One complex was destroyed by Anti-UN forces. With exception to one grand cannon unit, the others never saw completion.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2016-05-15 at 14:39.
Old 2016-05-15, 14:39   Link #28
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I was referring to the likely-hood of using experimental weapons for the first time, which could lead to unforeseen consequences.

But the Grand Canon was a heavy reaction quantum weapon, and classified as a Dimension Weapon. It achieved the same effect as a Dimension Eater, which caused collapse of real-space to achieve a black-hole effect. The geothermal energies were simply powering the weapon. This was of course, reverse engineered from what they found on the first SDF, or a mere gunship, according to Supervision Army standards.

- Tak
Where's your source? Unless there's some super secret tech manual describing Grand Cannons they pretty much use Geothermal energy to blast massive amounts of energy without nothing else to it. Don't remember anything else being told about them in SDF Macross.

Also very obviously Macross Cannon does not qualify as dimensional weapon for NUNS.
Them cracking down on Macross Cannons in Delta after relying on them for 50 years would be quite strange. I think it's meant to weapons akin to the Dimension Eater.
Old 2016-05-15, 14:43   Link #29
Tak

Quote:
Where's your source? Unless there's some super secret tech manual describing Grand Cannons they pretty much use Geothermal energy to blast massive amounts of energy without nothing else to it. Don't remember anything else being told about them in SDF Macross.
Macross Chronicles. Its also classified as a Dimension Weapon by it. And it wasn't just powered in one day.

Quote:
Also very obviously Macross Cannon does not qualify as dimensional weapon for NUNS.
Them cracking down on Macross Cannons in Delta after relying on them for 50 years would be quite strange. I think it's meant to weapons akin to the Dimension Eater.
Or banning such weapons being used on an actual or within close-proximity of a planet.

Moreover, as with any ban, there are always exceptions. Even Reaction Weapons were restricted by the NUN, so it wasn't the only one, and should hardly be surprising.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2016-05-15 at 16:02.
Old 2016-05-15, 14:54   Link #30
kuromitsu

So I'm watching the episode and did Mikumo just do a kabe-don to Freyja? Unf~ those two should just kiss already...

(what? this is an important plot element)

Also, I'm really loving the cat theme in this series. Kitty eared helmets! On serious military people! Ahh~ my people.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-15, 15:13   Link #31
ReddyRedWolf

http://monkeybacon.mywebcommunity.or...ionWeapons.php
Quote:
Dimension Weapons:
The strongest armament group, which used heavy quantum.
The armament group that uses heavy quantum reactions, such as Dimension Eaters (henceforth DE), Micro Dimension Eaters (henceforth MDE), and Heavy Quantum Reaction Guns, are generically called "Dimension Weapons" in this text (its possible to accurately say that Heavy Quantum Reaction Guns are the founding Dimension Weapons).
Among the Dimension Weapons, the Heavy Quantum Reaction Guns (Heavy Quantum Reaction Beam Guns) have an extremely old history. The Heavy Quantum Reaction Guns are the biological beam guns that the alien Vajra creatures have, that the Protoculture analyzed, implemented, and used mainly as beam guns carried aboard ships. In addition to being used as the main guns of such things as the Zentraadi Noputi Baganisu Class battleship, the Heavy Quantum Reaction Guns were also transmitted to Earth in the form of the main gun of the ASS-1 = SDF-1 Macross, and they were also built into such ships as the successor of the Macross, the Battle Class Variable Stealth Attack Space Carrier, and the Macross Quarter Class Multipurpose Stealth Space Manoeuvrable Fighting Carrier. As understood from their adoption as the main guns of the large battleships, they possess tremendous power and long range, and hardly anything exists that can withstand a direct hit from them.
The DE, which was implemented in the 2050's, while developing the heavy quantum reaction that is the mechanism of the Heavy Quantum Reaction Guns, are firearms that can be described as "Black Hole Bombs", as weapons of mass destruction that use the large mass of "Super" Heavy Quantum. These are bomb-style weapons, and they have advantages, such as comparatively easy operability and suppression of collateral damage. As a battleship class large-scale platform is necessary for them, they are considered to have a point that even surpasses that of the Heavy Quantum Reaction Guns, which only range over straight-line attacks.
MDE are a combination of DE and conventional weapons, miniaturized until a VF can be equipped with them. Even though their destructive power is inferior because their sizes are smaller than DE, they feature points that surpass DE in the aspects of pinpoint attacks, multi-purposefulness, and operability.
However, their mass production is difficult as the rare Fold Quartz material is necessary for the production of DE and MDE.
Windermere has Fold Quartz in its ruins but I have to wonder where they got specs for a MDE.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-15, 15:26   Link #32
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Windermere has Fold Quartz in its ruins but I have to wonder where they got specs for a MDE.
Or it could have been an independent development. They just F up.

But this tells me payloads of gigaton weapons were obviously out of fashion.

- Tak

Old 2016-05-15, 16:12   Link #33
Tenzen12

I feel bad for Hayate, whole planet full of cat girls and he can't even touch...

Well, he will have to be content with cosplaying Mirage.

PS: I an not saying such things often, but Messer look good as cat person too
Old 2016-05-15, 16:34   Link #34
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I feel bad for Hayate, whole planet full of cat girls and he can't even touch...

Well, he will have to be content with cosplaying Mirage.

PS: I an not saying such things often, but Messer look good as cat person too
Cat guy!Messer was awesome, with that serious face and the kitty ears. They should've shown him more.

By the way, after this episode I demand the Makina/Reina love story backstory special! I hope we'll get it eventually.
Old 2016-05-15, 16:40   Link #35
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

They live together, they got each others back and generally buddy up.
At this point it'd be more shocking if Makina and Reina aren't lovers.
I know a couple of reasons why they don't state it clearly in the series, though.
Old 2016-05-15, 16:56   Link #36
AkitoW013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Cat guy!Messer was awesome, with that serious face and the kitty ears. They should've shown him more.

By the way, after this episode I demand the Makina/Reina love story backstory special! I hope we'll get it eventually.
Their relationship was stated as "like siblings" on the official website so. I'm not going to think too much about this.
AkitoW013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-15, 17:00   Link #37
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkitoW013 View Post
Their relationship was stated as "like siblings" on the official website so. I'm not going to think too much about this.
Siblings poke & fondle each other's boobs?

I WANT SOME!!

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2016-05-15 at 17:11.
Old 2016-05-15, 17:22   Link #38
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkitoW013 View Post
Yeeah, sisters. Totally sisters. In conclusion: sisters.
(Reference.)

(Since when was (pseudo-)incest ever an issue, anyway? /has just come from Osomatsu-san)
Old 2016-05-15, 18:34   Link #39
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Now that I think about it, Macross Cannons and such nasties were almost exclusively only used against aliens, AKA forces that never signed a treaty to ban dimensional weapons.
Rouge Zentraedi, Protodevlin and Vajra are certainly not signatories of such papers thus NUNS' limitations obviously not apply against them.

In case of the Galaxy? It was rather special circumstances, including the fact they used shiny new MDE weapons against the Vajra. They long stopped giving a damn so Macross Cannons were free game.
Still there's the thing with the VF-27 freely using a Quantum Beam Gun even against rebelling NUNS soldiers so yeah.
There must be some permissions on dimensional weaponry.
This also means that MDE enhanced beams and warheads are likely not outlawed.
Old 2016-05-15, 19:47   Link #40
Tak

Immediately after Space War I, WMDs such as Dimension or Reaction weapons were strictly controlled in their use. Even if all fleets carry a sizable quantity with capacity to manufacture more if needed. And by sizable quantity I mean arm every single fighter and ship if they wanted to.

To use the Macross cannon? Ask NUN

To use Reaction weapons? Ask NUN

To use MDE/DEs? Ask NUN

Aside from users of such weapons are exclusively NUN personnel or affiliates, there are NUN/NUNs attaches on-board command vessels. In Macross 7, Max was in direct contact with the UNS while Leon was the NUN attache to Frontier. If we recall, against both the Varauta and Vajra, reaction weapons weren't immediately considered.

So no, they aren't outright banned, but you have to ask...

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2016-05-15 at 19:58.