AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-05-10, 15:30   Link #21
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalknightftw View Post
Well yeah, this is a series where "feeling" overcomes anything. Maybe even ddraig never realized his full power. Lets say an unsealed ddraig could match fenrir's speed, does that mean ddraig can beat fenrir?? Probably no

Fenrir was under Loki's control so it could not run amok as two HD did and there was Gleipnir, specially created to immobilize it.
Like I said, there was no Gleipnir in the first fight. And if feelings were that powerful Ise would have curbstomped Sairaorg in half a second. And yes Ddraig could curbstomp Fenrir like he was nothing. He's half the reason the 3 Great Factions of Christianity stopped fighting and joined forces for once. Fenrir couldn't kill a bunch of teenagers when he's supposed to have thousands of years of battle experience.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 16:14   Link #22
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
Like I said, there was no Gleipnir in the first fight. And if feelings were that powerful Ise would have curbstomped Sairaorg in half a second. And yes Ddraig could curbstomp Fenrir like he was nothing. He's half the reason the 3 Great Factions of Christianity stopped fighting and joined forces for once. Fenrir couldn't kill a bunch of teenagers when he's supposed to have thousands of years of battle experience.
Was Rias's life in danger during Sairaorg's fight ?? Nope
Like i said earlier, Fenrir never ran amok and if it did and Gleipnir never existed then who knows ?? Half of Gods of norse would have probably been in Fenrir's belly
Sounds like you added Anime version here, most of the time in second fight it was immobilized by Gleipnir, once it was set free for a moment it blietzkrieged Tannin and Vali in just a minute. It took JD, Excalibur ruler, and Gleipnir to subdue Fenrir.
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 16:26   Link #23
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Was Rias's life in danger during Sairaorg's fight ?? Nope
Like i said earlier, Fenrir never ran amok and if it did and Gleipnir never existed then who knows ?? Half of Gods of norse would have probably been in Fenrir's belly
Sounds like you added Anime version here, most of the time in second fight it was immobilized by Gleipnir, once it was set free for a moment it blietzkrieged Tannin and Vali in just a minute. It took JD, Excalibur ruler, and Gleipnir to subdue Fenrir.
He was far more emotional in that fight than any other time in the series except for JD. And if the emotions from actually losing Asia can't break the seal put on Ddraig completely, Fenrir going for Rias would never make him able to reach an HD level speed without even activating JD.

And you seem to ignore that he was stopped by Ise when there was no Gleipnir around. He isn't half as strong as what the HDs are said to be. He couldn't kill a bunch of teenagers when he was at top notch condition.

Do you know what it took to seal two HDs? 3 OF THE STRONGEST FACTIONS IN THE WORLD. He's not as strong as an HD. Period.
Old 2015-05-10, 16:51   Link #24
Royalknightftw

Quote:
He was far more emotional in that fight than any other time in the series except for JD. And if the emotions from actually losing Asia can't break the seal put on Ddraig completely, Fenrir going for Rias would never make him able to reach an HD level speed without even activating JD.

And you seem to ignore that he was stopped by Ise when there was no Gleipnir around. He isn't half as strong as what the HDs are said to be. He couldn't kill a bunch of teenagers when he was at top notch condition.

Do you know what it took to seal two HDs? 3 OF THE STRONGEST FACTIONS IN THE WORLD. He's not as strong as an HD. Period.
IMO issei's feeling for protecting someone is lets say stronger than the feeling of revenge. Regarding Sairaorg's fight, for the readers yes it seemed more emotional but for issei himself, i bet the incident in vol 7 when rias was about to get killed is far more emotional for Issei (at least for a moment).

Top notch condition? do you mean being ordered around by someone who is cocky as hell is in top notch condition? You realized if Loki did not pull out in the first fight due to his arrogance , ALL gremory team including Odin, Azazel, and Baraqiel would have been kaput

Strongest factions ?? each three of them ?? where did you get that info ??
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 16:58   Link #25
Archilla

Wow haha, this thread got popular fast! I'll be posting the first feat discussion, Issei's Destructive Capability, later tonight.
Archilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 17:05   Link #26
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
IMO issei's feeling for protecting someone is lets say stronger than the feeling of revenge. Regarding Sairaorg's fight, for the readers yes it seemed more emotional but for issei himself, i bet the incident in vol 7 when rias was about to get killed is far more emotional for Issei (at least for a moment).

Top notch condition? do you mean being ordered around by someone who is cocky as hell is in top notch condition? You realized if Loki did not pull out in the first fight due to his arrogance , ALL gremory team including Odin, Azazel, and Baraqiel would have been kaput

Strongest factions ?? each three of them ?? where did you get that info ??
Ise got over the trauma that was haunting him for months and finnally stated his love for Rias out loud. That was waaaay bigger than saving her emotionally-wise.
And I repeat something you are just ignoring, Asia's "actual death" didn't manage to give Ise the strenght of a HD, how could a threat to Rias give him the strenght to stop such a being without any consequences?

He was as strong as he could be, being ordered around or not doesn't make him weaker.

I never said they were THE 3 strongest factions. I said they were 3 OF the strongest factions. God of the Bible (For sure) and the Old Maou (Not so sure about them but I think Ishibumi said they were also) were said to be in the top 10 strongest beings when alive. They were actually feared by most factions aside from the Hindu Gods, to a point where the current leaders hid their deaths so that other Factions wouldn't attack them.
Old 2015-05-10, 18:19   Link #27
Krudelu
???

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDK1 View Post
Wow haha, this thread got popular fast! I'll be posting the first feat discussion, Issei's Destructive Capability, later tonight.
Heres some DC i confirmed at least for now:

Volume 5: mountain level (probably the typical average mountain or a little smaller or bigger))
volume 9: city level (at least Kyoto size) or probably more since they were inside the dimension created by Dimension Lost that time. And it also caused some distortion to the dimension on the top of city busting.

atm I can't confirm exactly how strong is crimson dragon blaster from his CCQ but i think its at least stronger than welsh bishop's dragon blaster. For now I can assume that its at least beyond city level but not country level or multi city level since I actually have no proof on that one atm. For Longinus Smashher, the one I can confirm is that its able to turn sky red but the problem is the affected range so I'm pretty unsure abut it as well.

well gl quantifying Issei's DC in details tonight

Last edited by Krudelu; 2015-05-10 at 21:20.
Krudelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 18:33   Link #28
Chichiryuushintei

Is there a numerical value as standard to qualify country-busting? Because someone being able to blow up Japan doesn't mean he or she can do the same to Russia or China for example.
Old 2015-05-10, 19:48   Link #29
Krudelu
???

Quote:
Is there a numerical value as standard to qualify country-busting? Because someone being able to blow up Japan doesn't mean he or she can do the same to Russia or China for example.
I think numerical value varies if trying to qualify country-busting. Guess we'll have to state if its small-country, medium-country, or large-country then.

It'll be better if we can at least mention destructive capability as big as what country to figure out in what level is it country-busting since countries vary in sizes after all.
Krudelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 20:33   Link #30
Hk1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDK1 View Post
We've got practically no info on EJOD. We know it insta-stomped a dude once, and that's it. Compression Divider is pretty much still a mystery. It's even less well defined than LS.
Implying Vali needs EJOD to beat Ise. Even Sun Wukong, though acknowledging Ise's strong points, implied that Vali would win in a straight fight if they fought.
Hk1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 20:42   Link #31
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hk1117 View Post
Implying Vali needs EJOD to beat Ise. Even Sun Wukong, though acknowledging Ise's strong points, implied that Vali would win in a straight fight if they fought.
That was including EJOD. In the same part of the Volume, Vali said Ise's CCQ was superior than his EJOD overall since it was far more stable even if the power output was far lower. It's easier to control, so Ise would have his own advantage while Vali would only have more demonic power.
IIRC It was also said that in terms of physical prowess (Strenght, speed, reflexes and etc) Ise is better than Vali when talking about their base forms.

And if Vali didn't use EJOD, he'd lose for sure, his BB is weaker than Ise's CCQ.

I don't disagree with the fact Vali would win right now, it's 99.999% sure he would. But the fight wouldn't be a curbstomp. It'd be really close since they both have their own advantages torwards the other.
Old 2015-05-10, 20:45   Link #32
Hk1117

Quote:
That was including EJOD. In the same part of the Volume, Vali said Ise's CCQ was superior than his EJOD overall since it was far more stable even if the power output was far lower. It's easier to control, so Ise would have his own advantage while Vali would only have more demonic power.
IIRC It was also said that in terms of physical prowess (Strenght, speed, reflexes and etc) Ise is better than Vali when talking about their base forms.

And if Vali didn't use EJOD, he'd lose for sure, his BB is weaker than Ise's CCQ.

I don't disagree with the fact Vali would win right now, it's 99.999% sure he would. But the fight wouldn't be a curbstomp. It'd be really close since they both have their own advantages torwards the other.
Never said it would be a curbstomp.
Old 2015-05-10, 20:49   Link #33
Chichiryuushintei

Then I misunderstood your first comment, sorry. :P
Old 2015-05-10, 20:58   Link #34
Hk1117

it's cool.
Old 2015-05-10, 21:45   Link #35
Parry999

Quote:
Fenrir couldn't kill a bunch of teenagers when he's supposed to have thousands of years of battle experience.
The heavenly dragons couldn't kill kokapuffs and azazel who both got owned by teenagers I wonder how big really was there so called epic rampage?
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-10, 21:55   Link #36
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parry999 View Post
The heavenly dragons couldn't kill kokapuffs and azazel who both got owned by teenagers I wonder how big really was there so called epic rampage?
When did Azazel get owned by teenagers? The only one I can recall is Cao Cao who managed to keep up with him only, and said he'd lose for sure if they fought a second time. And Kokabiel got owned by Vali, who is so overpowered it's not even funny. Azazel said Ise wouldn't beat him doesn't matter how much he boosted.

The HD were cornered by 3 whole armies of Fallen Angels, Devils, Angels, God, and the Original Maou. you can't possibly compare that to less than a dozen Devils, a Valkyrie, a Fallen Angel, one Angel and two Dragon Kings.
Old 2015-05-10, 22:25   Link #37
Parry999

Quote:
When did Azazel get owned by teenagers? The only one I can recall is Cao Cao who managed to keep up with him only, and said he'd lose for sure if they fought a second time. And Kokabiel got owned by Vali, who is so overpowered it's not even funny. Azazel said Ise wouldn't beat him doesn't matter how much he boosted.

The HD were cornered by 3 whole armies of Fallen Angels, Devils, Angels, God, and the Original Maou. you can't possibly compare that to less than a dozen Devils, a Valkyrie, a Fallen Angel, one Angel and two Dragon Kings.
Azazel got owned by Cao cao twice he was being humble you really think the current ise couldn't beat azazel easy. The guy lost an arm to Katerea. That super OP guy couldn't beat Azi dahaka Kokapuffs is really weak for his thousands of years of experience.
Old 2015-05-10, 22:40   Link #38
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Azazel got owned by Cao cao twice he was being humble you really think the current ise couldn't beat azazel easy. The guy lost an arm to Katerea. That super OP guy couldn't beat Azi dahaka Kokapuffs is really weak for his thousands of years of experience.
Azi Dahaka mastered over a thousand magic and is stronger than Dragon Kings. That means he's above an average Maou.

Azazel didn't get owned twice, he and Cao Cao fought on even ground in V9. And being humble? Yeah right, Cao Cao lost because of his arrogance. Besides, he has the most OP weapon in the world, and is the descendant of one of the greatest strategists of China.

Kokabiel lost because Vali caught him off guard and divided his power by half multiple times.

Ise could never beat Azazel as he is now. Azazel is the type of guy who prepares himself beforehand for any of the enemy's skills, he could just find a way to counter Ise's attacks easily.
Old 2015-05-10, 22:54   Link #39
Parry999

Quote:
Azi Dahaka mastered over a thousand magic and is stronger than Dragon Kings. That means he's above an average Maou.

Azazel didn't get owned twice, he and Cao Cao fought on even ground in V9. And being humble? Yeah right, Cao Cao lost because of his arrogance. Besides, he has the most OP weapon in the world, and is the descendant of one of the greatest strategists of China.

Kokabiel lost because Vali caught him off guard and divided his power by half multiple times.

Ise could never beat Azazel as he is now. Azazel is the type of guy who prepares himself beforehand for any of the enemy's skills, he could just find a way to counter Ise's attacks easily.
Azazel was in balance breaker cao cao wasn't when he got knocked down. He later lost again in v 11 to cao cao he also was struggling against pluto, his the Kakashi of Dxd cool personality but mid tier. What am saying is despite there 1000s of years of experience the fallen angels are really weak I don't even know how they survived the war.
Old 2015-05-10, 23:10   Link #40
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Azazel was in balance breaker cao cao wasn't when he got knocked down. He later lost again in v 11 to cao cao he also was struggling against pluto, his the Kakashi of Dxd cool personality but mid tier. What am saying is despite there 1000s of years of experience the fallen angels are really weak I don't even know how they survived the war.
Pluto is God level in strength. Just struggling is already a feat.
Fallen Angels aren't weak, they are the same as Devils and Angels.

Cao Cao has the most OP weapon in the DxD-verse which is as effective as Fenrir's fangs, what did you expect? And even with that he'd lose if he faced Azazel a third time, Azazel's true strength is his wits and tactics. He's more like a watered down version of Kurotsuchi from Bleach.