AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-02-02, 15:51   Link #21
Ghiest Cid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart-Sama View Post
getting revenge?? thats another novel altogether. cant remember the name right now.
That is suterareta yuusha

I think the only villains that should appear is on the level of demon lords. And the conflict would be whole world encompassing . it would be impossible for him even with power since you cant be in multiple places at the same time. He would need his students serve as future generals .
Ghiest Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 15:52   Link #22
Amanomurakumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart-Sama View Post
getting revenge?? thats another novel altogether. cant remember the name right now.
Suterareta Yuusha no Eiyuutan?
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 19:57   Link #23
sasoras

As for the "Teacher". Anyways seems pretty interesting, but his age is a bit too young for what hes doing imo, so feels a bit weird seeing a 3 year old do what he's doing.I guess my suspension is being challenged a bit, even though i know his soul is 60yr old.

Last edited by LKK; 2015-02-03 at 09:11. Reason: removed quote & comment
sasoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 22:53   Link #24
GodTurtleOm

I get the impression from this and Mushoku Tensei that some Japanese authors aren't entirely sure about the rate that baby and toddlers hit certain developmental milestones. Walking at 1, normal, talking at 1, not normal, jogging to build up strength at 3, not normal, same with everything else he does at three years old. I think I've seen some similar issues with Rudy's children in MT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Well, with Mushoku Tensei, there's the fact that Rudy is barely top tiers of the world, and not overwhelming OP like these heroes.
I think that helps a lot in MT's favor. Also, Mago no te is an excellent writer.
Rudy is still top tier, even if he's not godlike. He does take his humbleness to ridiculous levels though. But yeah, Rifujin na Magonote is great.
Quote:
Well, sure, he's a no-f*cks-given hero, but it comes at the price of having to put up with edgy & arrogant asshat being the protagonist. So I wouldn't recommend it at all.
I'm having the same issue as you and HandofFate with Arifutera, I'll occasionally try to go back to it, but even beyond the protagonist being irritating, the story as a whole seems designed to elevate Hajime as some sort of amazing flawless guy because that very dickishness.
Quote:
3) They are somewhat interesting, but so far there's a fair amount of "omfg our teacher is awesome" worshipping being their central characteristics. Anyone who found that annoying in Mahouka will likely be as annoyed in this.
Mahouka has a lot more issues than just the constant hero worship the other characters have of Tatsuya. As long as all the villians in World Teacher aren't Chinese with incredibly shitty plans, that's another marked improvement over Mahouka.
Quote:
I'm somewhat enjoying this series so far, but it has a good chance of being dropped once I find it boring.
I certainly wouldn't consider it one of the better series on Narou, but it's not terribad either.
"mediocre but enjoyable" would be my impression.
I'm getting much the same impression from the translated chapters so far.
GodTurtleOm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-02, 23:26   Link #25
HandofFate

Read the stuff available translated chapters.
I think its unique in the teacher aspect, I like that. A fan of hotblooded teacher series, and while he isn't that hotblooded, but the aspect of him wanting to be a teacher is good enough for me.

And I'm kind of a sucker for non-blooded related, but still loving eachother as family character scenes as well.
Old 2015-02-03, 11:08   Link #26
Namorax

Back then, during a time when this series was only 2 and a half chapters hosted somewhere in a forum (not here) I found this and read the series on a whim...
and even back then my first impression was "Hey, that's basically Mushoku Tensei, only with Snake from Metal Gear as protagonist."

The teacher angle is only so-so in my opinion, until now we've seen very little of that "I wanna teach them all!" and more of the "Let's establish (without a doubt) that the MC is OP and gets a Harem".

About the stuff with "reincarnated MCs speedrunning through their baby-phases":
It isnt very interesting to read aboutthe stuff babies can normally do. So So the author either skips that part completely via timeskip, or he shows that the MC is badass enough to make nature say "Don't worry bro, do whatever you want and grab that chick for me would ya?"
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-03, 11:28   Link #27
Dart-Sama

yeah, there is very... no, there no struggle at all for the MC which is very uninteresting, i think this world has been portrayed to underveloped, i meant, they cant even start a fire with flint n stone FFS!!!
Dart-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-03, 12:16   Link #28
vivaldi_in_tropical

this teacher overcome the hurdle just far too easy... just like people above said.
surely people like a respected powerful hero but if he just as flawless to the end never coming into a serious trouble at all it will quickly become boring story...
i think this series better off with the student pov retelling about the teacher exploit and teachings rather than the invincible teacher himself
vivaldi_in_tropical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-03, 12:20   Link #29
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldi_in_tropical View Post
this teacher overcome the hurdle just far too easy... just like people above said.
surely people like a respected powerful hero but if he just as flawless to the end never coming into a serious trouble at all it will quickly become boring story...
i think this series better off with the student pov retelling about the teacher exploit and teachings rather than the invincible teacher himself
Well the point is... even before reincarnating, the teacher was already one of the strongest and most skilled people of the world, BUT even then he could be killed, so that danger may very well exist in the other world as well.
Old 2015-02-03, 12:23   Link #30
Ghiest Cid

I wonder what is the school reaction to him.
Old 2015-02-03, 14:26   Link #31
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNine View Post
Spoiler for harem:
Spoiler for question to the harem:
Old 2015-02-03, 15:45   Link #32
Rainne

Quote:
he wasnt a ordinary person in our world, he was a Soldier with decades of Experience, he already knew how to fight, he is not rudeus who spend 34 years of his life doing nothing.
Rainne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-03, 16:19   Link #33
sasoras

In series like this i think the focus on the student ability to overcome hurdles is more important, and Sirius would just be on standby, in case things go south.
sasoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-03, 16:22   Link #34
Ghiest Cid

I wonder what his 'father' would do when Sirius became famous.
Old 2015-02-03, 16:27   Link #35
GodTurtleOm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasoras View Post
In series like this i think the focus on the student ability to overcome hurdles is more important, and Sirius would just be on standby, in case things go south.
So Assassination Classroom then?

I mostly agree, but it's pretty clear that this series is going to focus a lot more on Sirius than AC does Koro-sensei. I just hope it doesn't get boring and repetitive like Arifutera and Mahouka did. OP main characters aren't interesting if all the series does is exalt their OPness.

@zerodragon I think you're getting maids confused, that's obviously not a character we've met yet in the translated chapters.
GodTurtleOm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-03, 16:32   Link #36
Ghiest Cid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodTurtleOm View Post
So Assassination Classroom then?

I mostly agree, but it's pretty clear that this series is going to focus a lot more on Sirius than AC does Koro-sensei. I just hope it doesn't get boring and repetitive like Arifutera and Mahouka did. OP main characters aren't interesting if all the series does is exalt their OPness.

@zerodragon I think you're getting maids confused, that's obviously not a character we've met yet in the translated chapters.
With the exception of one punch man.

I wonder their source of funds though. When the number of students increase so does the needs like accommodations and supplies.
Old 2015-02-03, 16:51   Link #37
VooXoo

If the father asked for something from him he could just throw a bag of gold at him and declare his debt paid (servant expenses for the first years of his life) and his absolute freedom.
He already understood the old bastard just wanted to "do" the mother and never loved him, helping him for anything would be retarded, he is certainly more than enough strong to protect his "family" and students from most dangers.
If a half-sibling who is close to the father and honestly loves Sirius doesn't come out he will probably flip his middle finger to the father, do a 360° and moonwalk away, badass.

That if the father understand a tenth of his worth and have some problems.
VooXoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-03, 20:26   Link #38
elairz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasoras View Post
you got it right. sirius doesnt have much char growth just him inventing new technique and unvealing his skill from previous life. most of char growth in this webnovel are his disciple's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghiest Cid View Post
With the exception of one punch man.

I wonder their source of funds though. When the number of students increase so does the needs like accommodations and supplies.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VooXoo View Post
If the father asked for something from him he could just throw a bag of gold at him and declare his debt paid (servant expenses for the first years of his life) and his absolute freedom.
He already understood the old bastard just wanted to "do" the mother and never loved him, helping him for anything would be retarded, he is certainly more than enough strong to protect his "family" and students from most dangers.
If a half-sibling who is close to the father and honestly loves Sirius doesn't come out he will probably flip his middle finger to the father, do a 360° and moonwalk away, badass.

That if the father understand a tenth of his worth and have some problems.
pretty much what he did later on.
elairz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-03, 22:26   Link #39
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

^Those are really reallly early chapters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghiest Cid View Post
I wonder what his 'father' would do when Sirius became famous.
In the more recent chapter
Spoiler:
Old 2015-02-04, 07:40   Link #40
VooXoo

Good, good, I thought his father liked to do heirs, he only got a half brother or all the others died?
VooXoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
masturbation aid, reincarnation, webnovel