Notices

Old 2014-08-20, 07:56   Link #21
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
So uh...... Sakura x Kakashi? lol
Lol, that was hilarious.

Though I have to say that if there was something that stood out in this chapter it was the exposition by Black Zetsu, which was helpful. Furthermore, that was a nice blow by Sakura.

And that joke about Kakashi's vs. Sasuke's sharingan wasn't bad either. Burn.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-20, 08:12   Link #22
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
As much as I wish this damn thing was over, we are still stick in one of Kishi's endless loops. He'll probably have it so Kaguya cannot be sealed unless IT is deactivated. That is where the Edo Kages come in to help free the others. Otherwise they are pointless and we are done.

Unless Kishi has Kaguya increase her power 100-fold, she is simply not a threat to Team 7 and their endless stream of power ups. All the tension is completely gone from this fight. It is amazing the guy who wrote Gaara vs. Rock Lee, Neji vs Kidomaru, and even the Hidan/Kakuzu vs. Asuma/Shikamaru fights, is writing this crap for many years.

Shonen law usually states when a villain gets a new power up, they kick ass for a period of time before the hero adjusts. But Kaguya immediately got owned by Super Power Up Team 7, despite being much faster and stronger than before. That was kind of funny.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-20, 08:39   Link #23
Shinagami
Rubiks Cube

I remember a few chapters ago kaguya was so fast she was untouchable all of sudden anyone can land a blow on her. We can brush all the stupidity aside from this chapter if kaguya is finally sealed and we get Madara back a villain that you actually take seriously. Sakura punches Kaguya, Kakashi spams double kamui, intagibility and kamui shurikens while mainting a full susanoo like he's used any of these things before.....well okay basically anything at this point can't really suprise me.
Shinagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-20, 08:41   Link #24
james0246

Okay, Sakura's punch was pretty damn cool. The fact that it was not powered up, yet still extremely effective (just for that instant) also added to its value. I'm still bummed she is not on the same level, but Kishimoto did create a believable instantaneous scenario where she could be effective.

Kishimoto also partially mentioned Kakashi's Sharingan. Still not a full explanation, but there si something there to discuss.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-20, 08:57   Link #25
Shinagami
Rubiks Cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Okay, Sakura's punch was pretty damn cool. The fact that it was not powered up, yet still extremely effective (just for that instant) also added to its value. I'm still bummed she is not on the same level, but Kishimoto did create a believable instantaneous scenario where she could be effective.

Kishimoto also partially mentioned Kakashi's Sharingan. Still not a full explanation, but there si something there to discuss.
Kaskashi stated something about obitos eyes influenced by the power of the rikkudo which I think is complete BS because obito was stripped of all his rikkudo powers he was basically dead until Naruto brought him back to life if Obitos eyes were so powerful he couldve spammed all these techniques Kakashi is showing us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
As much as I wish this damn thing was over, we are still stick in one of Kishi's endless loops. He'll probably have it so Kaguya cannot be sealed unless IT is deactivated. That is where the Edo Kages come in to help free the others. Otherwise they are pointless and we are done.

Unless Kishi has Kaguya increase her power 100-fold, she is simply not a threat to Team 7 and their endless stream of power ups. All the tension is completely gone from this fight. It is amazing the guy who wrote Gaara vs. Rock Lee, Neji vs Kidomaru, and even the Hidan/Kakuzu vs. Asuma/Shikamaru fights, is writing this crap for many years.

Shonen law usually states when a villain gets a new power up, they kick ass for a period of time before the hero adjusts. But Kaguya immediately got owned by Super Power Up Team 7, despite being much faster and stronger than before. That was kind of funny.
She's got the entire worlds chakra plus almost all of the bijuus chakra pluse she has all the doujutsu in one body but all that doesn't matter now.
Old 2014-08-20, 08:58   Link #26
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

No bloodlines, no super natural energy, no bijuus, no sudden stupid power ups, no BS Hagos power up. Sakura was able to land a punch that made Kaguya bleed. Something even Sasuke wasn't able to do.

She did that to Kaguya with just her own power. Which is great. It shows how great Sakura really is. Sakura is basically the only current person on a battlefield who can be considered a human. She doesn't need those stupid BS power ups to be relevant!
Old 2014-08-20, 09:19   Link #27
Shinagami
Rubiks Cube

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
No bloodlines, no super natural energy, no bijuus, no sudden stupid power ups, no BS Hagos power up. Sakura was able to land a punch that made Kaguya bleed. Something even Sasuke wasn't able to do.

She did that to Kaguya with just her own power. Which is great. It shows how great Sakura really is. Sakura is basically the only current person on a battlefield who can be considered a human. She doesn't need those stupid BS power ups to be relevant!
It kind of looked like she was influenced Kakashis susanoo in the background of that panel
Old 2014-08-20, 09:24   Link #28
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinagami View Post
It kind of looked like she was influenced Kakashis susanoo in the background of that panel
She did. But what I really like was her drawing Kaguya's blood without any external power up.

Also did Kakashi use black Raikiri? Poor Sasuke, Kakashi surpased him!

I loved Kakshi's line.

"Slliping/going trough things is great power Obito!"

Lol! XD

Last edited by milan kyuubi; 2014-08-20 at 09:47.
milan kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-20, 10:07   Link #29
GDB

Not a bad chapter, but it's marred by the knowledge that Kishi's going to pull some sort of BS out of his ass to either keep Kaguya in the game or bring out some even more asinine plot villain for the heroes to fight.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-20, 10:24   Link #30
Apollian

Kaguya knew how powerful Madara had become which is why she stabbed him in the back with Black Zetsu. I don't think she believed she could beat Madara in a straight up fight which forced her betrayal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post

the eye mixed Obito's and Kakashi's DNA so it has both of them. but
Obito says they will eventually run out of power, meaning no EMS. shame really, his spawning everyone at the highest level.

Last edited by Hunter; 2014-08-20 at 12:40.
Apollian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-20, 10:54   Link #31
Casshern

Sasuke and Kaguya are both extremely dumbed down lately, while everything about Kakashi is a complete asspull. Sakura landing a normal punch on Kaguya is the cherry on-top of the asspull cake.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-20, 12:38   Link #32
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
Sasuke and Kaguya are both extremely dumbed down lately, while everything about Kakashi is a complete asspull. Sakura landing a normal punch on Kaguya is the cherry on-top of the asspull cake.
Awesome chapter. and way to go Sakura!!
'but i don't understand why we keep calling it a normal punch. Sakura has had insane monster strength since sasori. she is quite superhuman by reasonable standards. and naruto and sasuke powers aren't BS either. they are up against an immortal. i really don't see a trajectory for power that makes more sense. not that there isn't one, but to inherit the technique that ultimately worked in the past doesn't seem like nonsense IMO.

what i do find frustrating is how naruto hasn't made much use of those truth spheres on his back. juubito was awesome when he was around. but considering how they are susceptible to sage chakra i guess it makes sense that they aren't that useful in this fight. but since sasuke hasn't revealed a whole lot of power increase since his revival either, ill take it as a sign that there is still quite a bit of story to tell here.

Last edited by Artimus_Prime; 2014-08-20 at 12:50.
Artimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-20, 12:56   Link #33
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
'but i don't understand why we keep calling it a normal punch. Sakura has had insane monster strength since sasori. she is quite superhuman by reasonable standards.
i think people meant she wasn't enveloped by kyuubi cloak or susano'o or some kind of so6p aura. it was just her.

although it looks like she does have a susano'o cloak to me
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-20, 13:13   Link #34
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i think people meant she wasn't enveloped by kyuubi cloak or susano'o or some kind of so6p aura. it was just her.
Well Sakura's normal strength (without chakra amplifying) is above average!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
although it looks like she does have a susano'o cloak to me
She doesn't have Susano cloak. She just used Kakashi's PS to propel herself.
Old 2014-08-20, 14:59   Link #35
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Well Sakura's normal strength (without chakra amplifying) is above average!

She doesn't have Susano cloak. She just used Kakashi's PS to propel herself.
i like sakura. she just performed her storm revolution ultimate jutsu and shined this chapter. she is definitely good with me. but as a point of clarification, the blood we see is from kakashis earlier raikiri.

what in the hell are the hokages up to?
Old 2014-08-20, 15:51   Link #36
DarkHollowIchigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
i like sakura. she just performed her storm revolution ultimate jutsu and shined this chapter. she is definitely good with me. but as a point of clarification, the blood we see is from kakashis earlier raikiri.

what in the hell are the hokages up to?
The Hokages are playing Monopoly, and just found out that Hagoromo was cheating, this will get interesting
Old 2014-08-20, 17:19   Link #37
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Isn't Sakura's "one-time per few years"-skill still active?
Old 2014-08-20, 18:18   Link #38
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
Seems like Byakugan is completely shoved aside in lieu of the stronger eye powers. Maybe Kishi forgot it gave 360 vision.
It actually has a single blind spot, right where Sakura was teleported from.
Old 2014-08-20, 19:18   Link #39
Chosen_Hero

I'm not getting my hopes up, I'm just preparing for the trolling that's coming next week.
Old 2014-08-20, 21:08   Link #40
QS_Bilal
Gravemind

Mediocre chapter.. seriously ever since the war started (how many years ago?). I miss the old Naruto when a short confrontation with someone levels beyond you left people devastated (they had to bloody get Tsunade to heal Kakashi after Itachi happened)

Regardless, the chapter was okay, considering if you ignore Kaguya not having an effective doujutsu (hell, even the Byakugan she has isn't being correctly utilized.. can't tell clones from one another or.. think Neji vs Kidomaru -that spider guy) which is exacerbated by Kakashi stamina hike with Naruto level chakra and Sasuke being utterly useless even with a fraking Rinnegan (even Nagato utilized it better.. ignoring the other plot hole here). As for Sakura, I can't believe I'm saying this but bravo for staying awesome (consist).. these power-ups are growing old.,timeskip material level advancement happening in single chapter panels..

I mean I understand this a geared towards the teenage/shonen crowd.. but c'mon.. in hindsight i guess my expectations are unrealistic 'cuz I started watching @ 12 and now at 19 (the longevity of this is krazy!) so I shoulda dropped a while back.. however that doesn't really cut it.. the whole "4th Ninja War" distorted so many things.. its almost like we don't have the same writers anymore. The present Naruto no longer resembles the one I watched years back or my recollection of it. Not even close to first 100 anime episodes or even the first few shipuuden arcs. Deserted the anime long ago though thinking of coming back for Kakashi ANBU arc (heard some good stuff about it).

Had to get that^ off my chest..
QS_Bilal is offline   Reply With Quote