AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > No Game No Life

Notices

Old 2014-05-04, 15:45   Link #21
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Is it that different? looks like the wager is the same. BT translated it in the LN as "become a citizen" (which I always thought didn't make sense), while here it looks to be "become a model citizen", but most of the translators on BT are translating from the Chinese version, right? Something could have been lost from JP -> CN -> EN.

IIRC, most of the mention of "dessert" as it has to do with Steph's wagers was her internal thoughts. They could just not mention it and no anime-only viewer would be the wiser. It's not like she doesn't have any number of other reasons why she'd want to put the two in their place (make them better rulers, revenge for the groping/harassment, etc.). I miss the humor of that discussion, as well, but it does dehumanize Steph a bit as a character and make [] seem crueler, the latter of which they seem to be particularly avoiding in this adaptation.
what i see in that few line of text is that the challenge object is now become two of them
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 15:52   Link #22
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
what i see in that few line of text is that the challenge object is now become two of them
Oh, was it only Sora before? That still isn't much of a change.
Old 2014-05-04, 16:46   Link #23
kagato3

And it did become both of them in the following games as they were playing as [ ]
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 18:24   Link #24
Xacual

That was only because Steph pissed off Shiro. It was Sora the vast majority of the games.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 21:39   Link #25
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
They used their knowledge of modern science to troll Jibril so hard. They literally caused a chain reaction that led to her defeat. I'm looking forward to that match on all accounts.

I wonder how it feels to be outsmarted by two people of literally inferior intellect? (She has millions of books in that library & knows everything by heart. The only reason she lost is because Earth knowledge & research > Disboard knowledge & research) That game is gonna make the chess game of vol 1 look like child's play. There's never a dull moment with NGNL.
I wouldn't say Earth's knowledge is superior to Disboard's knowledge. They both excel in different department. If Jibril play with her vast magical knowledge, she could troll Sora pretty hard too. She didn't and that's the reason she lost.
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 00:34   Link #26
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm.... View Post
I wouldn't say Earth's knowledge is superior to Disboard's knowledge. They both excel in different department. If Jibril play with her vast magical knowledge, she could troll Sora pretty hard too. She didn't and that's the reason she lost.
Fair point, but to be fair, magic doesn't exist on Earth. They used concepts that Disboard have yet to discover. However, the fact remains, the concepts they used against Jibril do exist in both worlds. So I'd still say that Earth > Disboard right about now. Fact of the matter is that if magic did exist on Earth, then we already have a fair idea on how far they would have researched into it compared to Disboard.

Then again, the Warebeasts did invent videogames on their side, so its possible that different races withhold information from each other. Still, I wonder if those videogames can compare to Earth's...
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 01:57   Link #27
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Checking back some of the PVs and it seems like Jibril and the rest aren't completely nude in the upcoming fight. Only partially. Which is a small shame. Small, but still a shame.

On the bright side, it looks like they'll still finish her off with a gamma ray burst because the PV has the part where she writes "weak" with her finger.
Old 2014-05-05, 03:15   Link #28
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:

Then again, the Warebeasts did invent videogames on their side, so its possible that different races withhold information from each other. Still, I wonder if those videogames can compare to Earth's...
It would be funny if the Werebeasts show Sora their video game, proud of their crystallization of knowledge, and it turns out to be a 8-bit arcade game.
But I really want to know if the were beast have their PSP and Ipad equivalent and how they compare specs wise.
Old 2014-05-05, 05:47   Link #29
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Fair point, but to be fair, magic doesn't exist on Earth. They used concepts that Disboard have yet to discover. However, the fact remains, the concepts they used against Jibril do exist in both worlds. So I'd still say that Earth > Disboard right about now. Fact of the matter is that if magic did exist on Earth, then we already have a fair idea on how far they would have researched into it compared to Disboard.

Spoiler for V3C3 spoiler, game type being played:
Old 2014-05-05, 15:19   Link #30
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Spoiler for V3C3 spoiler, game type being played:
Nope. It hasn't been talked about yet. I'm just mentioning something I came across in a spoiler I found when I was doing some research on NGNL.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2014-05-05, 15:45   Link #31
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Nope. It hasn't been talked about yet. I'm just mentioning something I came across in a spoiler I found when I was doing some research on NGNL.
...It is probably the case that when I written my post, the info hadn't been translated, but when you response to it, V3C3 had already up on bakatsuki thus can be said as available.
Old 2014-05-07, 14:11   Link #32
Xacual

It seems like the anime is really playing up Steph a lot more and taking out a lot of the scenes I was wanting.

I'm really annoyed about the "Where do babies come from" chat being omitted in favor of blackjack expansion. That chat was all about the 10 oaths and thus pretty important to explain more about the world.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2014-05-07, 17:40   Link #33
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
It seems like the anime is really playing up Steph a lot more and taking out a lot of the scenes I was wanting.

I'm really annoyed about the "Where do babies come from" chat being omitted in favor of blackjack expansion. That chat was all about the 10 oaths and thus pretty important to explain more about the world.
Ah they cut that? Well to be fair I don't think they are going to be useing the info that hurting someone is ok if the other party agrees to it even if it is only subconsciously durring this season. It won't cause any plot holes
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 19:08   Link #34
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I agree that discussion does add depth to the world, but since it's kinda exposition into setting and not directly related to the main content of the episode I can see why they took it out.
Old 2014-05-07, 23:23   Link #35
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post

Anime also left out the why the previous king gave up the library books due to Elchea low literacy rate. These may not have major impact to the overall plot, but it also expand the world even if it's nothing much.
Pragmatic adaptation can be understandable at times as long as it doesn't completely morph the plot into anime original ending, but it also limits how much we LN readers can discuss in the anime thread due to parts being cut out or compress. At least NGNL isn't as bad as Hitsugi no Chika.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-07, 23:34   Link #36
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Yea, the latest episode really left out or altered a lot of things. I didn't expect them to do that, considering how faithful the first four episodes were to vol 1. I guess their time constraints are really showing with this episode. (Episode 5)

I was also looking forward to the "where do babies come from?" bit. The left out discussion about the low literacy rate also robbed the anime of some useful world-building elements. That'd have painted a better picture of things if it were included.

Looks like I was right when I made that post on the first page. Episode 5 led up to the library & Jibril's introduction. Episode 6 will most likely be the game & probably the introduction of Izuna depending on how the pacing goes.
Old 2014-05-07, 23:42   Link #37
Xacual

How would it get to Izuna's intro next week? She didn't get introduced until like halfway through the last chapter of volume 2. That would be skipping chapter 3 entirely.

Also they hinted at the hidden door this episode too.

Old 2014-05-07, 23:59   Link #38
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

I'm expecting her to either debut at the end of episode 6, similar to Jibril's debut or in the middle, closer to the end of episode 7. It all depends on pacing really. We'll have to wait & see though.

Even if she doesn't debut like how she did in the Ln, she can debut as a silhouette or shown having a conversation, etc...

---------------------
Yea, the tilted bed hinted at the secret door. They left out the majority of the chapter, but made sure to include that since its relevance is noteworthy.
Old 2014-05-08, 00:02   Link #39
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
The left out discussion about the low literacy rate also robbed the anime of some useful world-building elements. That'd have painted a better picture of things if it were included.
Actually, is 10% literacy rate considered low? 10% is already like everyone or two household would have someone that can read/write, which combined with the total population of 3 million, there would be 300k of people know how to read/write, and additionally, their country is pre-industrialization mode with nobles and books are human written only...
Old 2014-05-08, 00:17   Link #40
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Actually, is 10% literacy rate considered low? 10% is already like everyone or two household would have someone that can read/write, which combined with the total population of 3 million, there would be 300k of people know how to read/write, and additionally, their country is pre-industrialization mode with nobles and books are human written only...
When we do a comparison between Imanity & the other exceed, that 10% is indeed low. Remember that humans' only weapon is knowledge & they are also faced with a magic handicap. So 90% of the population not being able to utilize their "weapon" is indeed something you don't want happening.