3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-15, 11:41   Link #21
LKK

I can't stop smiling.
Everything worked perfectly for me. Thus this episode earns Log Horizon its first 10 from me.

I honestly didn't know whether they would save Rudy or not. Furthermore, I wasn't sure that I wanted Rudy to survive. Generally, I'm opposed to miraculous life-saves / life restorations. On the other hand, Rudy became such a charming character that I hated the idea that he would be gone. So I was torn. I should have had more faith in the author. He found a way to not only save a beloved character, he did it within the story's logic and established the hook for a new story path should he choose to explore it. Nicely done. Nicely done indeed.

Meanwhile the Krusty x princess saga continues on its merry path. The princess's conflicting emotions regarding Krusty's almost bipolar behavior are palpable.

I'm still smiling.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2014-02-15, 11:49   Link #22
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Krusty really gets all the good bgms =3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Cameo of one of D.D.D members, spawned from the fanfic novels "D.D.D diaries".
Many elements from that novel has actually carried over to canon, and looks like we're adding her to the list.

Her.... he. It's a he.
I made the image so it'll be easier to explain.
This is one of the things I like about LogHora. Fanfic or not, if it's good, it gets added to canon =3

Signature by liro
Old 2014-02-15, 12:12   Link #23
Domonkazu

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Cameo of one of D.D.D members, spawned from the fanfic novels "D.D.D diaries".
Many elements from that novel has actually carried over to canon, and looks like we're adding her to the list.

Her.... he. It's a he.
I made the image so it'll be easier to explain.
what episode, I somehow can't remember
Old 2014-02-15, 12:31   Link #24
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domonkazu View Post
what episode, I somehow can't remember
... this episode

The one where they summoned the phoenix on the valley
Old 2014-02-15, 12:54   Link #25
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
... this episode

The one where they summoned the phoenix on the valley
If I recall how the Apocalypse impacts players, he's a she now; in every possible way.
Old 2014-02-15, 12:56   Link #26
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
If I recall how the Apocalypse impacts players, he's a she now; in every possible way.
The voice is still male. Until a certain period. Assuming that it's in the last half of August, he may possibly have his original voice.
Old 2014-02-15, 12:56   Link #27
Gundamx

good episode though they remove some of good part
like kids thinking that Shiro used Zombi-something potion to make rudy human for three minute to say goodbye to him
( that why they was crying so hard when he awake)
+
when he reach the shore -> players though he was the leader of Ocypete group that come to help them and raise moral to roof
(Even if they don't know him they do know that he is one of round guild master and the strategist of this battle)

edit: forget to add about people asking if rudy get exp same as player or not
when he woke up and find out about exp bonus he was happy since he was getting so low exp to point it stop moving while everyone around him was leveling up

Last edited by Gundamx; 2014-02-15 at 13:13.
Old 2014-02-15, 13:19   Link #28
J4n1

Quote:
Never really understood how that would work.
Other than the voice, some basic things caused by hormones like periods, what would actually change?

Do they suddenly have stereotypically girly hobbies?
Newly acquired fear of rodents or arachnids?
Obsession with the color pink?

The whole "becoming a girl" idea sounds, to me, completely nonsensical.
Old 2014-02-15, 13:26   Link #29
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
Never really understood how that would work.
Other than the voice, some basic things caused by hormones like periods, what would actually change?

The whole "becoming a girl" idea sounds, to me, completely nonsensical.
You answered your own question.
Old 2014-02-15, 13:32   Link #30
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yep.

Quote:
Being a little sexist with the generalizations, aren't we. I know for a fact that there are girls with very "male" hobbies, and a dislike of those considered "right for them".

On the other end, there are plenty of people who gender-change in the real world; in reality, it's a very achievable objective, with the right technology and bioengineering; all the changes in Elder Tales do is move up the completeness of the change.

In essence however, due to the completeness of the change, it's even more deep than a transgender operation. Your body is completely that of a female, your hormones and biological tendencies will force you towards certain habits that are universal of that particular gender (i.e. even if you were born a certain gender; your new body will actually conspire to make you like the opposite sex of your current form, unless you happen to be homosexual).

Back to the episode, I was still expecting a larger battle to take place. >_<

Last edited by LystAP; 2014-02-15 at 13:48.
Old 2014-02-15, 13:51   Link #31
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Ok then, not sure why that needed to be specifically stated, i would have expected that to be obvious when you end up living your life in a female body.
It's like going "oh yeah, and having been trapped in living bodies, they now suddenly need to breathe".

Quote:
Being a little sexist with the generalizations, aren't we. I know for a fact that there are girls with very "male" hobbies, and a dislike of those considered "right for them".
Not really, i'm merely expecting sexism out of the story.
I really should not, but way too often when there is a story that involves a man torned into a woman (or boy to a girl), they end up getting stupidly stereotypical (depending on culture) feminine traits.

Probably being unfair to the author, but my expectations about Japanese when it comes to gender issues in manga, anime or light novels, have dropped fairly low by this point.
Old 2014-02-15, 13:59   Link #32
Gundamx

about genderbender
I guess Skatsuki was lucky that Shiro still keep that potion heh:
(though as down side she become short again)
Old 2014-02-15, 14:09   Link #33
tsunade666

Quote:
Not really, i'm merely expecting sexism out of the story.
I really should not, but way too often when there is a story that involves a man torned into a woman (or boy to a girl), they end up getting stupidly stereotypical (depending on culture) feminine traits.

Probably being unfair to the author, but my expectations about Japanese when it comes to gender issues in manga, anime or light novels, have dropped fairly low by this point.
The issue with turning into a real girl was questioned and answered later on the story but really. They are gamers and probably bunch of otaku's

they will probably laugh it out. Like when they first saw a real princess or when the first ever event since apocalypse happen instead of getting nervous. The veteran players are bored to death and got excited when they are out to hunt some goblins.

Absolutely love this episode. QB Shiroe doesn't sound to sweet to look like a huge scam he stated the laws abiding the contract. No hidden agenda or maybe there is >_> you don't know... his the villain in glasses or four eyed schemer

Love the scene with Crusty too and lovely Princess as always.
Old 2014-02-15, 14:16   Link #34
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The issue with turning into a real girl was questioned and answered later on the story but really. They are gamers and probably bunch of otaku's

they will probably laugh it out. Like when they first saw a real princess or when the first ever event since apocalypse happen instead of getting nervous. The veteran players are bored to death and got excited when they are out to hunt some goblins.

Absolutely love this episode. QB Shiroe doesn't sound to sweet to look like a huge scam he stated the laws abiding the contract. No hidden agenda or maybe there is >_> you don't know... his the villain in glasses or four eyed schemer

Love the scene with Crusty too and lovely Princess as always.
Everyone in this world with glasses is a evil schemer; I wonder if Mamare's sister wears glasses?
Old 2014-02-15, 14:21   Link #35
VTHokiePride

Wished they focused on the battle a little more. An amphibious landing with the Octypete like in Normandy would've been pretty epic.
Old 2014-02-15, 14:27   Link #36
whitecloud

Too bad there is no fine print....but hey, at least now we got a mage + bard for the guild by contract...isuzu is cosigning with rudy after all...
Old 2014-02-15, 14:37   Link #37
ookamigirl

Another HP, MP explanation session.
For those who didn't get it the first time.
Wonder if we'll see more of Krusty - Princess relationship.
That would be a really nice romance.
Shiroe saved the day again.
Well, at least he saved Rundel. I'm glad he did.
Rudy sure got a rare privilege.
This should get people of the land to warm up a bit.
Wow, the magic was just awesome!
That sure is a lot of power and a big responsibility.
Elder Tale is so much more than a game now.
Great episode!

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2014-02-15, 15:13   Link #38
HandofFate

awww, the ending was so cute.
The explanation of why it worked makes sense I guess. I kind of wanted Rudy to stay dead, because the whole dialogue of him "oh i died" and saying his last goodbyes was a good scene in that if he really did die there, it would put a real sense of 'life' into everything.

But I like his character, so I'm fine with him surviving too. Shirou better make sure this new magic really does not go public, cause every people of the land will be knocking on his door for that immortality.

I noticed that adventurer is a subclass for Rudy, so he's still a people of the land, but now upgraded. Wonder if he will end up being a bridge to the two worlds now as well.

I think they cut out 20.5 though at the end where <
Spoiler for Isuzu and Rudy:

Anyone else got tricked by the Princess's reaction and Krusty at the lake? From the cut, it seemed like he was nude and just walked out of the water like that. Maybe a tease for the fujoshis out there.
Old 2014-02-15, 15:35   Link #39
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I think they cut out 20.5 though at the end where <
Spoiler for Isuzu and Rudy:
Wrong series dude.
Old 2014-02-15, 15:56   Link #40
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Rudy doesn't know doggy style, he's doing it wrong Still, Shiroe is amazing for understanding the way the world works to that extent, not to mention he now creates adventurers! If word ever got out, I'm pretty sure he'd get his own shrine or something and nobles begging him for power...

Still, Rudy only has memories of Elder Tale, so if he dies frequently, he will forget who he is, along with his guild. Anyway, perfect episode, looking forward to the rest of this.
Closed Thread