AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-11-18, 05:34   Link #21
Key Board
Carbon

Leila's love interest seems to be lending help to Patton's army
So maybe she'll make an appearance as well

but anyway, I'm excited

The best Rance games have always been the ones dealing with major countries:
Leazes R3
Zeth R6
JAPAN R7
and now for the last major country

We can expect Majin involvement, but I wonder who it will be.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 08:47   Link #22
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Leila's love interest seems to be lending help to Patton's army
So maybe she'll make an appearance as well

but anyway, I'm excited

The best Rance games have always been the ones dealing with major countries:
Leazes R3
Zeth R6
JAPAN R7
and now for the last major country

We can expect Majin involvement, but I wonder who it will be.
On enjoyment as a whole, i must confess the ones I liked the best were the ones with newer graphics, 02, 01 and Quest. But story wise, I agree with you. The ones with bigger conflicts were the best. It was Rance 3 that a couple of months ago made me get so much into the series that I went and played 4, 01, 5D, 6, Sengoku, Quest Magnum (currently on the middle of it) in a row afterwards.

Regarding Majin, people are guessing Red Eye at least will appear. Seems that in one of the scenarios on Kichikuou Rance he:
Spoiler for KR:

I would also guess we would see one member of the big 4, maybe Kesselring (Kamilla is out, Kayblis will likely be left for a future game, maybe X, when Rance conquer the monster realm, and Silky being human friendly and from Hornet faction will also likely be left for a later game).

For those who can't access the website, here is Rick's disguise:

I guess that visor is enough for him to not activate his weak personality, but it does looks like something that would fall off easily. It would be lol if he has something like, every time he takes damage he may lose the mask and becomes unable to fight / retreats. They could even use this game for later make him beat his weakness.
Old 2013-11-18, 08:55   Link #23
Key Board
Carbon

Red Eye has a toushin mech body, but I don't remember him taking over a city
it is within his skill set, though. He took over the magic barrier line before
also Patton's companion has a lot of connection with Toushin. They might do the Red Eye storyline now.

I just hope they are serious about it. The way they handled Majin Kaito's storyline in RQ was kinda disappointing.

And since it's taking place in Helman, I think Megalas might make an appearance, since the downed alien ship is north from Helman

oh, 2ch speculates that Rance's new "slave" might actually be the imperial princess's twin sister.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-11-18, 09:39   Link #24
chaosprophet

Quote:
oh, 2ch speculates that Rance's new "slave" might actually be the imperial princess's twin sister.
Some also speculates Russian is Sheila herself in disguise, although that one seems more farfetched. This is the comparison pic:

Old 2013-11-18, 11:21   Link #25
Key Board
Carbon

oh wait, let's compromise

Rusian is the real Sheila
The one at the palace is a fake!
Old 2013-11-18, 11:47   Link #26
chaosprophet

Quote:
oh wait, let's compromise

Rusian is the real Sheila
The one at the palace is a fake!
I did see that theory too. I do think it would be interesting is she is more than she seems, but for now, there are many options.
Old 2013-11-18, 16:59   Link #27
Xacual

It wouldn't be Rance if he didn't manage to make the princess of a land fall for him on his first visit.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-18, 17:08   Link #28
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
It wouldn't be Rance if he didn't manage to make the princess of a land fall for him on his first visit.
It wouldn't be Rance if he didn't rape the princess (if legal age) of the land.
Old 2013-11-18, 17:13   Link #29
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Ever since 6, he did make his objective to fuck all the princesses of major countries, even from the monster realm. So he will definitely want to do Sheila, and in that sense I guess it would be bad if one of his big motivations to help the revolution (my guess) would already have been given to him from the beginning without his knowledge. But again, who knows. Man, with Eiyuu Senki GOLD, this is one of the games i most looked forward too in some time.
Old 2013-11-18, 21:00   Link #30
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Red Eye has a toushin mech body, but I don't remember him taking over a city
it is within his skill set, though. He took over the magic barrier line before
also Patton's companion has a lot of connection with Toushin. They might do the Red Eye storyline now.

I just hope they are serious about it. The way they handled Majin Kaito's storyline in RQ was kinda disappointing.

And since it's taking place in Helman, I think Megalas might make an appearance, since the downed alien ship is north from Helman

Red-Eye has slaves though. Something about needing their blood or he can't substain his body.

Yeah I feel like the Kaito thing was randomly added in... the stella thing was pretty random as well. And the gay bird turned female . Wonder if little princess will make a appearance. Not having Sil to heal is such a pain! Wonder if you'll ever get Ferris in a actual party. Kichi Rance was fun, but majority of the plot is still based off Kichi. WHAT ABOUT RIZNA! There was literally a whole game devoted towards her. A lot of people are worried about readding senokgu characters into Rance. Some say it might jepordaize the story. I wonder if yamamoto will make a appearance. But seriously wheres omachi?
Spoiler for Final end game girl for rance!:
Old 2013-11-18, 22:10   Link #31
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Does Rance even care about age at all?
Old 2013-11-18, 22:38   Link #32
Xacual

I think as long as the girl is somewhere in the 15-35 range he doesn't care.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2013-11-18, 23:51   Link #33
Drkz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Can't look like a loli can't be a loli can't be related or over 35(?). But there are exceptions like Rizna (Rizna's history is pretty dark...) or Copandon. Pretty much he doesn't care as long they are his "women" well thats at least what he told copandon in RQ. Biggest issue is they can't look too young or old. Apparently he doesn't care about people who go from guy => girl. Unless the gay fire bird was the only exception. I think the youngest age was something around the 14 age range.
Old 2013-11-19, 00:50   Link #34
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I guess the girls from Sengoku Rance doesn't count? Since I remember there are at least 2 lolis that he made his way through (the glasses girls whose name I can't remember).
Old 2013-11-19, 02:22   Link #35
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
WHAT ABOUT RIZNA! There was literally a whole game devoted towards her.
According to the Rance Quest epilogue she...
Spoiler:

Quote:
Apparently he doesn't care about people who go from guy => girl
I think this is true. Remember the gender change spring in R7. He doesn't seem to have a problem with screwing your mob characters who change gender.

Quote:
I wonder if yamamoto will make a appearance
She's apparently pregnant by the end of R7
Too busy raising a child?

Last edited by Key Board; 2013-11-19 at 02:53.
Old 2013-11-19, 03:20   Link #36
chaosprophet

Quote:
I guess the girls from Sengoku Rance doesn't count? Since I remember there are at least 2 lolis that he made his way through (the glasses girls whose name I can't remember).
He does tend to have a mix of age and how she looks to consider too young. But 15 years old he already is interested on. I didn't know if she is the one you're talking about but in Sengoku you have Yamanaka Kojika who is 20 but looks like a little kid. He didn't want to do her, although he do her once when he is drunk and by the effect of the alcohol he sees her with an older body.

You can see his thing about not doing girls too young with how he ever since Sengoku is still waiting for Kouhime to get older before he can do her, or Mill Yorks in other games.

Rance says his strike zone is 15-29, although the upper limit is more about how they look. so a 30+ that looks very young is okay, a 25 that already looked old / isn't pretty because of age isn't okay.
Old 2013-11-19, 11:43   Link #37
Drkz

Quote:
According to the Rance Quest epilogue she...
Spoiler:

I think this is true. Remember the gender change spring in R7. He doesn't seem to have a problem with screwing your mob characters who change gender.

She's apparently pregnant by the end of R7
Too busy raising a child?
The child is the next ruler of japan so... last game is against all the dark lords I think . He'll need to use everyone. But yamamoto was such a badass...

Really? Thats cool xD. Now boinking Rizna is even more bad ass .
Old 2013-11-19, 16:04   Link #38
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
it doesn't seem like it but Rance does care about age.

1. He didn't do kou at, while saying he wait for her to grow up,
2. back in game2, he regret doing Milly york when it was reveal she was actually a still a child.
Old 2013-11-19, 18:37   Link #39
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
The child is the next ruler of japan so... last game is against all the dark lords I think . He'll need to use everyone. But yamamoto was such a badass...

Really? Thats cool xD. Now boinking Rizna is even more bad ass .
Rangi isn't the next leader of Japan, that was only in Isoroku route.

Old 2013-11-22, 08:09   Link #40
chaosprophet

They answered some questions about the series on the Rance World Notes site today. One question about Rance 9 and it answer was:

"Will Dark Lords appear in Rance 9!!? (ランス9に魔人は出ますか!!?)"
"No (でないわよ。)"

Tags
alicesoft, rance, slg, tada, trpg