AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Suisei no Gargantia

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-29, 02:36   Link #21
Marly
>AS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
He's an interface meant to support pilots so I think it would only be logical that he prioritizes the survival of the pilot. Chamber also makes several suggestions to Ledo on how to best get through their predicament when they first land on Earth and all of them had to do with preserving the pilot's life.
Yes, but that's because Ledo is part of the Galactic Alliance. I was wondering what would happen if Ledo slowly became more and more detached from his mission and the Alliance in general, and what Chamber's reaction to that would be.
Old 2013-04-29, 02:44   Link #22
Raviel

Unless Chamber comes with a command to deal with rogue pilots (man I hope not), I don't think he would "force" Ledo to do anything, I'd like to think that no matter what happens Chamber is designed in such a way that all final decisions are up to the pilot.
Old 2013-04-29, 04:36   Link #23
Marina2

What if Chamber becomes the final boss in the future?

Basicly, Chamber can finally detect where the fleet is and request that Lero should go back. However, Ledo doesn't want to as he wants to stay at Gargantia.

Chamber can't accept this and demand that Ledo has to go back as it is his duty....

"If not, I will destroy Gargantia" said Chamber
Old 2013-04-29, 04:44   Link #24
Tenzen12

I don't think Chamber would act aggresively toward Redo, but I wouldn't be suprised if he sent report about infelicitous ideas he seems display and eventualy follow new instruction from alliance.
Old 2013-04-29, 07:39   Link #25
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I can't picture Chamber using Blackmail to make his pilot comply to his duties, that doesn't seem like something that would likely be in his program, but he might decide to act against Ledo or even kill him if he determines that he is a deserter.

Old 2013-04-29, 07:51   Link #26
Tenzen12

Blackmail? That isn't what I meant. Just reporting to his superior when possible (and than follow instruction even if it would be violent ones)
Old 2013-04-29, 08:00   Link #27
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Sorry, I was referring to what Marina2 said.

Old 2013-04-30, 09:30   Link #28
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Chamber's sole purpose is for the success of the pilot. Ledo was almost honorably discharged with his last mission, and so his next purpose is to reproduce for the Human race.

To ensure Ledo's success in his next mission, Chamber would most probably be a Bro (like his voice actor) and net Ledo a harem of strong nubile females.
Old 2013-04-30, 11:07   Link #29
Eratas123

@ Meistah - Uh, he wasn't discharged:/ Ledo had a few weeks break on Avalon; that doesn't mean he was out of the army.
Old 2013-04-30, 12:17   Link #30
Kirarakim

I hope Chamber doesn't turn on Ledo

He's too cute for that.
Old 2013-04-30, 12:58   Link #31
Tenzen12

which one
Old 2013-04-30, 13:07   Link #32
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
which one

Well I was referring to Chamber but to your question both are.
Old 2013-04-30, 13:17   Link #33
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
He needs guidance when dealing with humans, but he's not really designed for that -- he's supposed to be a weapons platform that carries out a tactical plan in conjunction with other weapon's platforms in order to deliver maximal firepower at a selected target. Given how badly the humans screwed up in the first episode, I don't see what they added to the fight that Chamber and his brethren couldn't've handled on their own. If human supervision is necessary for handling contingencies, they could have one pilot commanding a wing of unmanned mechs.
I agree. It's hard to see what practical benefit Ledo et al bring to the table. I can only surmise that the Galactic Alliance's thinking is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I don't know about you but I don't think I would want an AI in control of that type of destructive power.
Yeah, the leadership of the Galactic Alliance probably watched the Terminator movies one too many times and aren't willing to risk "Skynet" happening to humanity.

This is probably unfortunate, because truthfully, Utsuro no Hako's idea would likely save a lot more human lives that it would cost...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I hope Chamber doesn't turn on Ledo

He's too cute for that.
Sadly, I have a sinking suspicion that he will. Ledo is slowly changing, and adapting to Gargantia's culture and society. But Chamber is still totally focused on the bigger Galactic Alliance picture.

I can easily see the day coming when Ledo thinks "Life is better here than it is in the Galactic Alliance. I'm not going back.", and Chamber responds by refusing Ledo's wishes, arguing (in more technical robot-speak) that Ledo has "gone native" and hence needs to have his thinking fixed.
Old 2013-04-30, 13:30   Link #34
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Sadly, I have a sinking suspicion that he will. Ledo is slowly changing, and adapting to Gargantia's culture and society. But Chamber is still totally focused on the bigger Galactic Alliance picture.

I can easily see the day coming when Ledo thinks "Life is better here than it is in the Galactic Alliance. I'm not going back.", and Chamber responds by refusing Ledo's wishes, arguing (in more technical robot-speak) that Ledo has "gone native" and hence needs to have his thinking fixed.
I definitely see Chamber turning on Ledo as a possibility but I'd like to sit in denial land for a bit.
Old 2013-05-04, 16:20   Link #35
Andarkoshi
Resident Tentacle Monster

Sorry to go into the dark territory but...

Chamber might actually be a Thought Policeman. As long as Ledo adheres to the rules of the Alliance Chamber will support him. However he also seems to be the one responsible for the Rem Hypnotic Education AND reads Ledo's brainwaves.

The reason for putting a human in a robot is to both provide tactical thinking and imagination which the robot lacks as well as to control it. I'm pretty sure that Chamber has some rules and protocols hard-wired into his programming. Like not being allowed to open fire unless Ledo says so. On the other hand he is probably responsible for controlling his pilot and making sure he remains "right minded".

Chamber might be essentially a political commissar like in Soviet Union. People who made sure that everyone was following the communist doctrine and the ones who strayed from that path were eliminated. It wouldn't surprise me if Chamber had some protocols like "If pilot goes rogue eliminate him and return to base".

For example when Chamber informed Ledo that he earned his limited citizenship rights and Ledo didn't seem very enthusiastic Chamber admonished him and reminded him that something like that should be celebrated. In the 4th episode he dismisses Ledo's desire to learn more about the planet because sooner or later they will return to their unit.
Old 2013-05-05, 00:01   Link #36
Tenzen12

I think so too (what the lame line...)
Old 2013-05-05, 05:27   Link #37
ReddyRedWolf

In response to what Ledo said a habitable planet like Earth is something the Alliance is looking for Chamber's response was basically "Above your pay grade".
Old 2013-05-05, 22:13   Link #38
Iron Maw
Banned

Chamber sure makes a nice table doesn't he?
Well, better than a grill anyway.
Old 2013-05-05, 22:26   Link #39
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Chamber sure makes a nice table doesn't he?
Well, better than a grill anyway.
And he's completely eco-friendly.

Old 2013-05-11, 09:54   Link #40
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I don't want to be eating off something where EVERYTHING floats!

Tags
characters