AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-01-20, 11:10   Link #21
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
But yeah, I was confused at what happened at the end too. i still have no idea why Nora so stuck on Yato though. Surely there are other gods that can forfill his place and besides she known as a drifter among Shinkis. She's really not living up to her name, on the other hand she gets creeper by each appearance.
Sure she is. The more yandere she gets, the farther she drifts from how she used to be. She is has gone the most astray out of all the characters.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-20, 23:26   Link #22
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Sure she is. The more yandere she gets, the farther she drifts from how she used to be. She is has gone the most astray out of all the characters.
Well, she has been manipulated and basically turn into what she is now. Kugaha is more like a typical yandere (well, a male version of the trope) than she is, imo.
Old 2014-01-21, 00:59   Link #23
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Well, she has been manipulated and basically turn into what she is now. Kugaha is more like a typical yandere (well, a male version of the trope) than she is, imo.
What I meant was that Nora is still twisted from how she used to be, and as such, has gone astray.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2014-01-21 at 01:13.
Old 2014-01-21, 07:49   Link #24
tuckersister

I hope Nora gets killed by Yukine later in the series. Nora hates Yukine and vice versa.

The manga is currently up to ch 38. So it's kind of hard to catch up at the speed the translation is going. The Vaisravana arc was an interesting arc.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 13:24   Link #25
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I hope Nora gets killed by Yukine later in the series. Nora hates Yukine and vice versa.
I'm not sure Yukine hates Hiiro (I like this name better than "nora", which isn't a name actually).
Spoiler:

Also, the one she hates isn't Yukine but Hiyori. She's the one that changed Yato. It's because of her that he decided
Spoiler:

Ironically, I'm pretty sure once she learns about all details of Yato's past, Hiyori will want to save her.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2014-01-21 at 13:39.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 14:21   Link #26
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I'm not sure Yukine hates Hiiro (I like this name better than "nora", which isn't a name actually).
Spoiler:

Also, the one she hates isn't Yukine but Hiyori. She's the one that changed Yato. It's because of her that he decided
Spoiler:

Ironically, I'm pretty sure once she learns about all details of Yato's past, Hiyori will want to save her.
Hiyori definitely changed Yato but Yukine did too. Yato's attached to both of them so yeah. Best mom-dad-son pairing ever if I say so myself, .
Old 2014-01-21, 14:49   Link #27
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
Hiyori definitely changed Yato but Yukine did too. Yato's attached to both of them so yeah. Best mom-dad-son pairing ever if I say so myself, .
Yeah, but Hiyori's effect on him is greater. Hiyori did a few things that totally shocked Yato's world (chapter 26 and 27 comes to mind). She also saved his life twice (chapter 10-11 and chapter 36).

She became so important for him that one day, when he was drunk, he told Daikoku that
Spoiler for chapter 27:

Also, one of the main themes in the manga is about memories. Yukine and Yato aren't alive, so no one can remember them for a long time. Above all else, Hiyori is really important because she's the one human who is determined to never forget about them. This determination of hers is a source of strength for both Yato and Yukine.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2014-01-21 at 15:15.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 16:57   Link #28
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Yato is attached to Yukine because of his family issues. Both of them have problems with their fathers, so Yato empathizes well with Yukine's feelings. That's why no matter how much Yukine's corruption hurt him, he tried to stick it out to the very end.

Hiyori however knows how to care for them regardless of their circumstances. She shouldn't have any deep reason to care but she still does anyway.
Old 2014-01-22, 23:14   Link #29
Shadow5YA

That reminds me... didn't Hiyori already fix her own problem? It looked like she left her body intentionally when she carried Yato in chapter 10.

Also, near the beginning of chapter 14, Yato warns Hiyori to "stop leaving your body", as if she had control over it now.
Old 2014-01-22, 23:43   Link #30
Iron Maw
Banned

I don't think that's first time she's left her body intentionally. IIRC, she did it during the earlier chapters to fool around, could be wrong about though. I do feel as if the manga has stopped bring up her issue, especially in the light of the Vaisravana problem.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 00:24   Link #31
Shadow5YA

I thought she still dropped her body on accident, but she just wandered off and made the most of it.
Old 2014-01-24, 13:59   Link #32
Shadow5YA

Also, is there any point to Noragami Shuuishuu other than basically more slice of life/misadventures with the main trio without plot progression?
Old 2014-01-24, 14:39   Link #33
Excorsism

Quote:
Also, is there any point to Noragami Shuuishuu other than basically more slice of life/misadventures with the main trio without plot progression?
I haven't received my tank yet so I can't say but I imagine it might just be that. Maybe some world building too perhaps.

Last edited by Excorsism; 2014-01-26 at 17:11.
Excorsism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 11:42   Link #34
BW95
Banned

Can anyone give me an estimate of how much money's in that bottle Yato carries around?
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-26, 11:57   Link #35
Breimoon

i think probably less than 1999 5 yen coins. Don't know how big is a single jap coin or the bottle so i can't help with exact measures but considering he can't change a 10.000 bill then 1998 must be the max number.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-27, 01:45   Link #36
Shadow5YA

Probably less than that, since he gets scammed into buying useless little trinkets

I'm liking the anime's portrayal of Yukine so far. His corruption is more gradual and much more natural. It was also a good choice for them to use a story from Noragami Shuuishu to introduce Yato's ability to sever bonds as a replacement for skipping Mutsumi's story.

I still am a little concerned about the pacing. At this rate, they may not get to Vaisravana's arc at all. Did they even announce Kugaha?

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2014-01-27 at 01:57.
Old 2014-02-02, 15:34   Link #37
Excorsism

Courtesy of an anon on 4chan.

Spoiler for Chapter 39:

Yup, looks like it was the same person after all. I can imagine him using Hiyori against Yato pretty soon and that's probably not going to go well with Yato.
Old 2014-02-02, 15:41   Link #38
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Courtesy of an anon on 4chan.

Spoiler for Chapter 39:

Yup, looks like it was the same person after all. I can imagine him using Hiyori against Yato pretty soon and that's probably not going to go well with Yato.
That's possible? I thought Yato said Hiyori can't be used as a Shinki. Was he lying?
Old 2014-02-02, 15:53   Link #39
Excorsism

Quote:
That's possible? I thought Yato said Hiyori can't be used as a Shinki. Was he lying?
I meant like as a hostage or whatever. It's hard to say whether if the guy really does like Hiyori or the father's a complete different personality.
Old 2014-02-02, 23:25   Link #40
shiningninja

Has recent chapters revealed any information on Yato's past? I'm wondering what made him stop using Hiiro and become distant from his father.

Recent arc
Spoiler:
shiningninja is offline   Reply With Quote