3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-03-04, 10:42   Link #21
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
also having to remind us implies that they think we're stupid with no memory.
The show is created with the average TV viewer in mind, not "us". As a series that's be going on for 400+ episodes, using flashbacks to remind people of stuff makes sense.
But yeah, there was a flashback in this episode that lasted way too long. Thing is, the reason for flashbacks in this episode had most likely nothing to do with people having a short memory. The fact that entire episode was animated by a single animator should tell you something.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 12:26   Link #22
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
The show is created with the average TV viewer in mind, not "us". As a series that's be going on for 400+ episodes, using flashbacks to remind people of stuff makes sense.
But yeah, there was a flashback in this episode that lasted way too long. Thing is, the reason for flashbacks in this episode had most likely nothing to do with people having a short memory. The fact that entire episode was animated by a single animator should tell you something.
I would prefer a one piece style show if the case is time constraints for the animator(s). they could put all the recap in the beginning and then have a shorter episode with no flashback interference spoiling the flow of the new animation. it always takes me right out of the episode to sit through stuff I've already seen, usually more than once already as it is. If I wanted to watch past episodes, which I do from time to time, I'd prefer to just watch the past episode, not have it jammed in the middle of a new one
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-04, 19:08   Link #23
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Putting a little too much flashbacks from the end of Pain's Arc made this episode slow-paced and a bit outstretched.

I would say that Konan's forte lies on carefully planned, suicidal tactics and jutsu. Even though Madara said he didn't take Konan seriously and got struck with just a tiny fraction of the explosion while he absorbed the rest of it, nevertheless, he received some real-deal damage, at the end.
Let us not forget that Konan's a former Akatsuki member.

How much her repetoire of jutsu techniques and tactical skills improved and increased after learning from Jiraiya? while Yahiko was alive serving as leader to the original Akatsuki? after Madara recruited her along with Nagato as fully active members of the Akatsuki organization?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 00:56   Link #24
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Wow, and with that the character we know as Tobi is inching closer to no longer existing...That's pretty cool...

Origami girl actually has some fight, and good for her since I was quite peeved in the Pain arc that she hadn't done squat with an ability so CGI animation ready...
Old 2012-03-05, 08:19   Link #25
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I would prefer a one piece style show if the case is time constraints for the animator(s). they could put all the recap in the beginning and then have a shorter episode with no flashback interference spoiling the flow of the new animation.
I'm glad they don't do that, I hated it when they did it in Bleach. Having episodes that are 3-5 minutes shorter by default (since if you do a recap you have to do it every episode for consistency's sake) sounds absurd to me.

I can deal with having an episode filled with flashbacks once in a while. It's something that has rarely happened in the last 150 episodes anyway.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-05, 20:01   Link #26
BigGimp77

How exactly did Madara give Nagato the Rinnegan?
BigGimp77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 06:44   Link #27
Subzero00

Does anyone know when does Naruto go back to the village and see his friends with his new powers
Subzero00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 06:53   Link #28
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subzero00 View Post
Does anyone know when does Naruto go back to the village and see his friends with his new powers
Spoiler for Anti-climatic spoiler...:

Tags
weekly episode discussion