AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-01-26, 02:35   Link #21
jamao

chances are that all of the people behind and responsible for that show like anime, and went and posted on different anime boards about how much they like anime.
jamao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 12:33   Link #22
Tritium
doaho...

ugh totally spy's they show that on foxkids here, and the dub *shudders* dutch people are the suckiest dubbers in the world!
Tritium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 12:38   Link #23
Dark_Voodoo
In The Navy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritium
ugh totally spy's they show that on foxkids here, and the dub *shudders* dutch people are the suckiest dubbers in the world!
Bah I dare you to hear a Swedish dub and say that.

As for Teen Titans.... hate the show, its just stupid
and the same goes for totally spy's, Iv seen one ep and I never want to se one again.
Dark_Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 13:35   Link #24
KaeMeera

Well, I don't know what shows you're talking about but I don't watch American cartoons, anyway... IMO, they have no stimulation for the brain, nothing to make you think, nothing to spark the emotions, and they're all to...childish. I stopped watching them when I was like 10. Better to go without than to stupify myself watching crap when I can just find what I wanna see on the 'net.
KaeMeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 15:17   Link #25
Amy
Fantasy...

Send a message via MSN to Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritium
jup.. totally agree with that, really horrible. What annoys me too is that pretty much all of the anime on tv here in holland is dubbed, it's horrible (well, not like we get any good animes over here anyway, but this makes it even worse)
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 15:55   Link #26
KaeMeera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy
jup.. totally agree with that, really horrible. What annoys me too is that pretty much all of the anime on tv here in holland is dubbed, it's horrible (well, not like we get any good animes over here anyway, but this makes it even worse)
"Subtitles?! Forget that, I don't want to read the show!"

I have heard many a moron say this... Fact is, MOST people think dubbed is better. Same with like the Bruce Lee films and such. Of course, I disagree, but...whatever.

That's why you won't find any foreign TV cartoons subtitled--be they anime or what have you. The majority of their viewers would hate it and they'd lose ratings.

Sure, you can be an anime fan and not like subtitles but you're missing out, IMO.
Old 2004-01-26, 16:02   Link #27
Amy
Fantasy...

Send a message via MSN to Amy
dutch animes get dubbed cuz otherwise little kiddies won't be able to follow it, cuz they can't read subtitles, the majority of anime here is kiddie stuff.... horrible..

subtitles all the way! ^^
Amy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 16:27   Link #28
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I've seen half an episode of Teen Titans on ytv... I thought it was crap... not because it was an american cartoon but rather cuz I personally hate Robin and most of the DC universe...

I understand that most american cartoons are not up to par with the cartoons made in japan... but... not all north american cartoons suck ass... the fox kids spiderman and xmen from the early 90's were great and also the cartoons made strictly for toy sales in the 80's like He-Man, Thundercats, Visionaries and GI Joe were great as well..... it's no use hatin on cartoons strictly cuz it was made by americans... imo... cartoons are good if they are entertaining...
Old 2004-01-26, 17:10   Link #29
KaeMeera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chronics
I understand that most american cartoons are not up to par with the cartoons made in japan... but... not all north american cartoons suck ass... the fox kids spiderman and xmen from the early 90's were great and also the cartoons made strictly for toy sales in the 80's like He-Man, Thundercats, Visionaries and GI Joe were great as well..... it's no use hatin on cartoons strictly cuz it was made by americans... imo... cartoons are good if they are entertaining...
LOL I totally agree with you, Highness. I'm a fan of Marvel comics so, naturally, I loved those Spidey & X-Men cartoons. And, the 80s cartoons were all my fave. Hence, why I said I stopped watching cartoons at such a young age. It's hard to find those sorts of toons anymore, anywhere, even with cable and I'm not the type to search for them.

Oh, don't forget Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Anyone who didn't like them should be drug out into the street and shot several times. :fingers:
Old 2004-01-26, 20:06   Link #30
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

I actually like this show ^^"
The theme song is really catchy.
Its not as bad or annoying as totally spies and martin mystery IMO
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-26, 20:19   Link #31
KaeMeera

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDusk
I actually like this show ^^"
The theme song is really catchy.
Its not as bad or annoying as totally spies and martin mystery IMO
Yeah, but you also liked FFX...

Chibi: *evil glare*

Kae: AAAAAAAAAAAH! JK JK JK!!!!!! *runs off, trail of dust following*

Chibi: RAAAAAAAWR! COME BACK HERE!! *follows after trail of dust*
Old 2004-01-26, 20:32   Link #32
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaeMeera
Yeah, but you also liked FFX...
PWNT!

Go KaeMeera!
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 20:47   Link #33
muramasa007

Post Is Teen Titans Anime Or Imitation of anime?

Is the show "Teen Titans" really anime? cuz the show has some features and the ppl who made the show had jap singers but are they trying to make it an anime?
If it were white ppl who just drew it then i think its a gay show and they are disgraceful!!!
muramasa007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 20:51   Link #34
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muramasa007
If it were white ppl who just drew it then i think its a gay show and they are disgraceful!!!
What an absurd statement.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 20:53   Link #35
UserName

Quote:
Is the show "Teen Titans" really anime? cuz the show has some features and the ppl who made the show had jap singers but are they trying to make it an anime?
... Then there are anime that 'are gay' as in some anime share 'white people art'....

yes it is an absurd statement...
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 20:54   Link #36
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...ht=teen+titans

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...ht=teen+titans

Searching is the first step to finding your answers...

Now onto step 2...READ the threads....
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 23:56   Link #37
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
What does the ethnic origin of the artists matter? Please don't be so narrow minded as to think 'white ppl' can't draw. -.-
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-24, 00:08   Link #38
Thelastguardian

I am sure the fanboys over there at megatokyo would instantly object to your statement .
Old 2004-09-24, 00:13   Link #39
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
What does the ethnic origin of the artists matter? Please don't be so narrow minded as to think 'white ppl' can't draw. -.-
I agree.

Just look at Marvel and all their superheroes.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-24, 00:14   Link #40
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Of course it's anime in terms because it's animation..but alas, if you wish to be narrow-minded in beliving that anime can only be done by Japanese artists, then more power to you...I'm sure there are several others out there who feel the same way...I remember a group back in the sixties who thought black people were inferior to whites, you may want to call them up.