AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2011-10-15, 01:38   Link #21
Westlo
Lets be reality

Nagi and Supercell should at least reunite for the Bakemonogatari sequels/prequels
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 19:15   Link #22
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

God, that would be greatness.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 09:58   Link #23
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Oh my God, My Dearest has got to be one of most amazing things I've heard.

My favoritest band ever pumps out yet another godly song. In case you guys haven't heard about this yet, a slightly more lengthy cut than the TV version was played on a radio show over here a few days ago. Some people recorded and put it on Youtube!

http://youtu.be/_dQ41IquVr4

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 15:50   Link #24
Shadow5YA

Eh, I prefer the ED or the insert song.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 16:54   Link #25
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
Oh my God, My Dearest has got to be one of most amazing things I've heard.

My favoritest band ever pumps out yet another godly song. In case you guys haven't heard about this yet, a slightly more lengthy cut than the TV version was played on a radio show over here a few days ago. Some people recorded and put it on Youtube!

http://youtu.be/_dQ41IquVr4
First 30 seconds is the best.
Old 2011-11-07, 12:24   Link #26
xsnoopx

Thanks..for..the..info.

.................................................. .....................
ผลบอล-sbobet-วิเคราะห์บอล-ทีเด็ดฟุตบอล-ทีเด็ด

Last edited by xsnoopx; 2011-11-11 at 14:04.
xsnoopx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 10:13   Link #27
Azuma Denton
~AD~

*hearing single My Dearest...
Ok, please recruit Nagi again, ryo...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 14:31   Link #28
Shadow5YA

I'm still waiting on Euterpe.
Old 2011-11-21, 18:31   Link #29
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I tried really hard to like Koeda's voice, but it's not cutting it for me. :/

The instrumental is good, though.
Old 2011-11-21, 19:23   Link #30
Shadow5YA

I like Chelly's voice though.

Where's my Euterpe single?
Old 2011-11-21, 19:49   Link #31
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Yeah, she's okay. I wanna her sing My Dearest instead. :P
Old 2011-11-22, 01:51   Link #32
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Well, it's not that bad.. It still has supercell's feeling in it albeit pretty different because it's nagi whom I'm accustomed to

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 02:25   Link #33
Kunagisa

To be fair, Nagi isn't Supercell's first vocalist either.

Though Bakemonogatari sent the Supercell x Nagi as the "official" setup into overdrive. I feel like koeda had just way too much to live up to, but honestly chelly's voice resonates better with me than koeda so ... Nagi > chelly > koeda.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 07:43   Link #34
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Yesh, ryo still delivers the great music...
But too bad, IMO, i believe Koeda's type of voice is not good enough to sing ryo's music...

Let's see how Chelly handle ryo's music...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 20:21   Link #35
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Yay, My Dearest is released as a single~
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 22:21   Link #36
abc0716

Just heard the B-side of Guilty Crown OP singles on the web radio station I usually listen.

However, the voice of the new vocalist made me cringe a lot.....

In my opinion, Nagi is the better vocalist, compare with the recent one.
abc0716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 06:31   Link #37
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

http://flaming-june.com/001/lovesong2/

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-5476.html

Looks like we have an idea of Nagi's whereabouts.

She's collaborating with Jun Maeda(everything Key) now.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-26, 06:12   Link #38
Varaxis

Interesting. I just posted some of my opinions on this, on another forum, and also looked up all this info after checking out the single of My Dearest.

I think ryo mainly looks for a vocalist with not only a good sounding voice, but also a wide vocal range, a large lung capacity, and "endurance". His songs seem to be major lung workouts, with a lot of breath/power being put behind each lyric. I imagine his recording sessions being like swim training for athletes, except your vocal cords are getting strained instead of your body.

I agree with the opinions here, regarding where Koede stands compared to nagi and chelly, judging by current works. I rank it that way mainly because I dislike her "resonant lows", which she used in My Dearest, projecting from the back of her throat and bouncing off the roof of her mouth, with her nasal passages blocked. I don't know what to expect with the 3rd album. ryo pairing up with nagi is what got me to follow supercell. I liked the 2nd album, and I like all of chelly's (EGOIST) works. Thinking about it all, I kind of pity Koede, since she has a high standard to meet, kind of like how Halca met sharp criticism, when she filled in for Makii of High and Mighty Color.

Koede has talent and we only have one single to judge her talent on. As a first work, ryo probably hasn't yet "sync'd" up with her, finding out how to make better use of that talent and work around the weaknesses. Who knows what else Koede has; she does seem to also have Sakamoto Maaya quality lows, coming out crystal clear from the bottom of the throat. I think I might grow on her resonating sounds and her habit of "flexing her lung capacity" during long notes, compared to May'n and some US pop stars. She just needs to get rid of the plugged up nose sound. I'm hoping that's just a bad habit of hers. Maybe she's trying to make the most use out of her breath and not letting any escape out of her nose. Hopefully they're working on getting rid of that habit. I also hear a bit of sharp excessive air leaks. In the very first part, there's a leak right after "I'm yours;" there's also excessive leaks during some of the other S sounds. There's still plenty of room for improvement for breath management, using it all for producing strong and clear notes and wasting none of it. Going for such efficiency puts a ton of strain on a singer; that's probably a big reason why ryo went with Koede instead of chelly. It's kind of like learning how to breathe smoothly while swimming (notably the exhale part), which is one skill that separates novices from pros.

My Dearest has a very easy and catchy rhythm that encourages karaoke. Check out the vocal covers for My Dearest and none come close in quality. They simply don't put the same amount of power (breath) behind each lyric, instead only saving it for the last few long notes. I bet a lot of popular singers (ones that make anime songs at least) would also come short, possibly even the ones I mentioned earlier (Sakamoto Maaya and May'n), in terms of power and lung capacity, compared to Koede. I can only think of elite singers, such as Kokia and maybe the vocalists in Kalafina, ones that are praised for vocals alone rather than the rhythm/catchiness of songs, who could really compare. The main vocalist in School Food Punishment puts a lot of power/breath behind most of her lyrics, but she seems to rely on taking frequent sharp breaths to supply that power, while Koede seems to use more of her lung capacity.

Edit: Nevermind. Kokia absolutely spanks Koede in terms of lung capacity [and vocal range]. Kokia's vocals are on a level so much higher than mainstream stuff. I suppose her fault is that she just has a voice that's too mature to appeal a younger generation, while nagi and chelly have mass appeal and Koede kind of is a compromise between the two ranges. Maybe people just like soft gentle feminine voices better, with any vocal skill being a bonus.

Last edited by Varaxis; 2011-11-26 at 07:31.
Varaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-28, 22:47   Link #39
Shadow5YA

The full version of Euterpe is out, and I'm definitely liking it more than My Dearest.
Old 2011-12-02, 00:38   Link #40
Westlo
Lets be reality

Don't really get the hate for My Dearest, imo it's easily the best faster paced song Supercell has done since the Bakemonogatari ED. I also really think Koede's vocals compliment the arrangement. I do think that Euterpe is the better song and that both Nagi and Chelly are better suited to Supercell than Koede though. I really wasn't impressed by any of the b-sides on the My Dearest single, hopefully they don't make the next album.... but My Dearest is still a fantastic song imo, OP of the season and much better than the Supercell x KOTOKO collaboration..... I look forward to what Koede can do for the second Guilty Crown OP....

Also if you haven't been keeping up on Bakemonogatari news, Supercell is back for the upcoming season and the ED will be sung by Claris.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote