Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-18, 20:11   Link #21
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflecta
Can anyone tell me why the naruto anime is still not licensed? (not that I wanted it to be )

I mean, many anime have been licensed after airing 10 - 20 episodes, Naruto on the other hand, just passed the 100th episode.
Because it's fucking expensive. Jerry Chu of Bandai said that 3 anime companies would have to combine their forces to pay the outrageous fee Pierrot is asking for Naruto. They know how popular it is over here.
Old 2004-10-18, 20:16   Link #22
VMLM3
I had a good idea once...

I think I'd benefit from Naruto being licensed.. It certainly won't stop me downloading the episodes.. I mean really since when has that ever stopped anyone?
On the other hand ofcourse, even if it is licensed it'll probably take a couple of years to reach my backwards little country, which means I still have a couple of years to keep selling overpriced cds . And you may think that's immoral of me but I'm doing these guys a favor. Not very many people care about anime here in Peru (best goddamn third world country out there damn it), so in a way I'm raising awareness.. I'm helping to open a potential new market for japanese anime!! They should be thankful I'm not demanding payment .
Old 2004-10-18, 20:21   Link #23
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dalton
For shame mentioning that group!.
OHHHH that must be sarcasm eh?

Quote:
Anyway, they rarely actualy change a storyline or edit the animation to the point where it's bothersome. People just like to complain. I admit sometimes I have some issue with the lack of emotions in the voices. But I have never had a much lesser experience with american dubs.....
Fox Box truely ruined One Piece. My daughter is afraid that if people know's that she likes One Piece they will think of that crap on US TV instead of the originals

There are serveral pieces that make a great anime and it's not just about the story line and character developement. Music, emotion, and let's face it how many people just love the way Hinata says "Naruto-kun" and just can't except it said any other way! (regardless if done well or not) You mess too much and well it's just crap, it's not a show worthy of being loved or followed.

Quote:
Anyway I wonder what kind of sales the DVD's would have. I think the biggest problem would be the audience Naruto (admit it or not I don't care) atracts. I doubt many would actualy buy the DVD's to support their anime.
The US manga translation are so very poor I doubt they DVD's would sell well. I will actually buy quality anime DVD's. Most the time I just play them with subs anyways
Old 2004-10-18, 20:25   Link #24
strategos

Naruto is breaking the record left by dragon ball, dbz, and dbgt. Dragon ball was lincensed a few months after its last episode on dbgt. Dragon ball officially ended on 1996, and if u see the funimation copyright u will see it bought it on 1996. Naruto is becoming way bigger series than db and gundams and pokemon. The guy probably is asking a high rate price that way the company wont bother him with useless stuff. Because if he sold the licenses then he might have the preasure of doing the serie to quikly send it to US. Naruto wont be sold after it end. After Naruto ends The author going to make a new series of Naruto with a different name after he sold the old Naruto. That way after he end the new naruto serie he will make mor emoney becuase he be selling two series instead of one
Old 2004-10-18, 20:30   Link #25
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost World
Because it's fucking expensive. Jerry Chu of Bandai said that 3 anime companies would have to combine their forces to pay the outrageous fee Pierrot is asking for Naruto. They know how popular it is over here.
You mean like this?

/zips up anti-flame suit
Old 2004-10-18, 20:36   Link #26
kazumaofshellbullet

There are a couple of reasons why naruto isn't licensed yet which come to mind. One is it costs too much to bring an entire series to the US shores since its so popular. Another thing is that networks like cartoon network, Tech Tv, fox box, etc.. have to fork out lots of money to air episodes in US. If the series is priced too highly and if these networks see that they can't make enough money from airing naruto than they wouldn't buy it.

Now that I think about it another reason would be the fact that since naruto is suppose to be so long without an end in sight within a near future, anime companies like ADV, bandai, funimations, etc... would want to wait until they buy the rights for the entire series.
Old 2004-10-18, 20:46   Link #27
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green²
You mean like this?

/zips up anti-flame suit
Wow, good news for Naruto fans who want to have the series licensed.
Quote:
CANNES, FRANCE October 5, 2004 - The three largest producers and distributors of Anime in America - ADV Films, Inc., Funimation Productions LTD and Geneon Entertainment (USA) Inc. - announced plans to form a joint venture for the development and marketing of Anime.
Im only familiar with the first two companies in the venture, and they will most definitley be looking at Naruto as one of the animes they're going to want to bring into the USA.

Quote:
The new joint venture will focus on developing high quality entertainment series primarily targeted to children and young adults, where the team can best maximize their respective resources, talent and expertise.
Not sure what to make of this. Does this mean theyre going to focus on creating original animation, or to bringing popular anime from Japan to the USA, or both?
Old 2004-10-18, 21:18   Link #28
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Because fans are giving company who may consider liscensing Naruto death threats. =P
Old 2004-10-18, 23:27   Link #29
biassj

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
Because fans are giving company who may consider liscensing Naruto death threats. =P
Good job guys.
Old 2004-10-18, 23:44   Link #30
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Hahaha, those fans are the kind of people that would piss in your coffee if you say something negative about the Naruto anime or manga.
Closed Thread