AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-04-17, 17:10   Link #21
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It looks they're going to do "player of the week" episodes from now on. I usually don't mind this sort of stuff, but I don't think it'll work here.

I'll keep watching because everything else is being delayed. It's still better than nothing.
Old 2020-04-17, 22:45   Link #22
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Kinda got a Ray-Charles vibe from the Valentines.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-17, 23:05   Link #23
Frontier

Centaur Mechs are pretty cool. It can even dual-wield .

There is something about Nana Mizuki speaking English that just does it for me, although Koichi Yamadera isn't half-bad either .

So apparently Jimi Stonefree was the strongest Player but completely screwed up their attempt to eliminate all the Earless and caused a disaster that the world is still reeling from. The Noise Sisters kind of alluded to as much. There's that scene of him in the Opening of him holding a motionless Mu while screaming into the sky, so I wonder if that's connected to what happened in Liverchester .

So they've got a name for their Mecha and a name for their Ultimate Move. Not too shabby .

Looks like the main arc of the series is going to be Echo and Mu hunting down the other remaining Players and finding out what really happened with Jimi .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Kinda got a Ray-Charles vibe from the Valentines.
Now that you mention it, I can kinda see it too...I'm curious what their exact relationship is given they had the same last name but didn't seem biologically related. Were they married? Or did Bilin take up Keith's last name when she became his Partner? The show didn't really seem clear on that front other then using them as a parallel for Echo and Mu .
Old 2020-04-18, 00:05   Link #24
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I just assumed they were married, but I suppose it was never explicitly stated.
Old 2020-04-18, 07:00   Link #25
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

When I read your post, Enzo, I thought "what does Ray Charles have to do with this? There were only rock references."

It's only when I read Frontier's post that I realized you were talking about Eureka 7
Old 2020-04-18, 07:37   Link #26
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
When I read your post, Enzo, I thought "what does Ray Charles have to do with this? There were only rock references."

It's only when I read Frontier's post that I realized you were talking about Eureka 7
I feel like I should point out that Ray Charles was enormously influential on the development of Rock music, and is in the Rock & Roll Hall of fame. But yes, I was talking about the Beams (whose mini-arc was the best part of E7, IMO).
Old 2020-04-22, 06:52   Link #27
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
I feel like I should point out that Ray Charles was enormously influential on the development of Rock music, and is in the Rock & Roll Hall of fame. But yes, I was talking about the Beams (whose mini-arc was the best part of E7, IMO).
Well this show appears to have a Prince expy, so why not Ray Charles as well.
Old 2020-04-24, 17:10   Link #28
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

A bit of world building and we learned amps look different depending on the player. I suppose this also means Mu will be able to make it evolve.

Prince next week!
Old 2020-04-24, 23:12   Link #29
Frontier

That was an...interesting take on high school. It felt like they were going for an American high school but some of the kids had school uniforms, and the clubs seemed very eclectic. They even had an archaeology club .

Mu definitely seems like the type who would be popular in high school .

Those are some...very enthusiastic math fans .

Oh look, it's KISS and the Beatles .

That's interesting that it's the Player who seems to decide what the amp transforms into. Makes me wonder if Mu will ever to have to use another one .

I thought Nir was a girl (and that was Rie Kugimiya right?) but they seemed to be so deliberately ambiguous with her gender that I was wondering if that was deliberate. Although what kind of clinched it for me was when she seemed jealous of Echo having Mu .

It's always nice to hear Hiro Shimono, even if Hole turned out to be a bad guy. As if getting his pants pulled down wasn't enough of an indignity, he was carted off to jail without pants too. Serves him right .

It's not easy being a Player. Especially if you have to use a serious narcotic just to get through your own existence .

Will we ever see Nir again? It looked like she was seriously trying to fly towards the moon. Unless this show goes space on us .

Man, that school directors got Echo and Mu to do her dirty work over the promise of a file that was pretty much all redacted. It gave them the next point in their journey but still .

"Denka?" Isn't that a title for royalty? Well, we are getting to the show's take on Prince .
Old 2020-04-25, 07:00   Link #30
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I thought Nir was a girl (and that was Rie Kugimiya right?) but they seemed to be so deliberately ambiguous with her gender that I was wondering if that was deliberate. Although what kind of clinched it for me was when she seemed jealous of Echo having Mu .
Yes, that was Rie Kugimiya, and she used her boy voice so I wasn't sure Nir was a girl until the moment you mentioned. I still strongly suspected it though, but thought it could go both ways.
Old 2020-04-25, 07:29   Link #31
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

's funny, it never even occurred to me that Nir wasn't a girl, even when Echo called her "-kun". That's why the ending struck me as odd.
Old 2020-04-25, 10:37   Link #32
Frontier

Quote:
's funny, it never even occurred to me that Nir wasn't a girl, even when Echo called her "-kun". That's why the ending struck me as odd.
To me it just stood out that characters seemed to be talking about her in a gender neutral way, especially Hole, but I guess that could've been because he saw her as an object.

Last edited by Frontier; 2020-04-25 at 10:53.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-25, 12:36   Link #33
Wandering Soul

I was surprised they even felt the need to clarify Nir's gender as I thought it was obvious she was a girl.
Old 2020-05-01, 17:04   Link #34
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I thought Mu would be Jimi's daughter but she's apparently his sister. We found out a bit more details about the incident 10 years ago too.

Lots of Prince references in the episode, as you would expect.
Old 2020-05-01, 19:28   Link #35
Frontier

Junichi Suwabe as Prince...I mean, Denka. Not who I would've expected, but Suwabe is surprisingly good when it comes to flamboyant and gender-fluid characters, and he did a great job here .

I'm not exactly sure why the audition process needed to be handled like a criminal interrogation, complete with mugshot, but I guess mugshots are kind of a music star thing? At least Mu had fun with it .

Wendy and Lisa are probably the sexiest female Players yet, not only because of the way they strut their stuff in those outfits (even before they put on those extremely form-fitting bodysuits) but because their jack is on their chest and gives them an excuse to show off their ample cleavage. Being voiced by Yukana and Yoko Honna doesn't hurt either .

I honestly was expecting Wendy and Lisa were Denka's girls, even if he was in love with Jimi, but turns out they were their own girls! Free love and all that jazz .

So, uh...Mu got roped into a sex hotline. Of course, being Mu, she just did it head on like she always does .

Well, Echo lost all his money that he was potentially planning to use on something akin to sex but at least that old man lost out on all his money after Echo and Mu won .

Could they really not recognize that "Kidd" was Denka? They had his picture and everything. I guess Echo immediately not recognizing Wendy and Lisa out of their Player costumes made more sense .

Who needs a Mecha when you can have a floating castle that shoots laser beams ?

So Jimi botched the operation because he didn't believe they should destroy the Earless? He was part of a tribe of people who actually try and understand them? And Mu was his sister? Considering the Earless are apparently people who failed to become Players, I wonder if he planned to try and save them ?
Old 2020-05-02, 17:45   Link #36
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I thought Mu would be Jimi's daughter but she's apparently his sister. We found out a bit more details about the incident 10 years ago too.

Lots of Prince references in the episode, as you would expect.
I don't know but Jimi being Mu's older brother was the first thought that came to me so I wasn't surprised.
Old 2020-05-08, 23:31   Link #37
Frontier

I wonder what it is about the Earless that some of them can act peacefully and co-exist with humans while others are belligerent monsters. Is it related to what powers the Players ?

So apparently what transformers people into Earless is Player's overexerting themselves and causing a sound-based sickness in their partners who end up becoming Earless as a result. I guess that would explain the comment that the Earless are failed Players .

Echo seemed to convince Mu Roz was lying, but it seems like he may have done that just to not worry her .

It wouldn't be a cast of anime all-stars without Kana Hanazawa !

"Crazy Diamond?" Where's Josuke ?

Did Mu think the Noise Sisters were calling her flat ?

The Noise Sisters finally return and Mu gets to own them in the rematch .

Roz insinuating Mu should do a better job protecting her man .

Now it's off to London...I mean, Londinium! What is this, the 60's Batman show ?
Old 2020-05-09, 01:19   Link #38
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

"Crazy Diamond" wasn't a JoJo reference. Or rather, I suppose it was - since JoJo was referencing the same thing.
Old 2020-05-09, 07:19   Link #39
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was probably my favorite episode so far. Roz's country and the way they lived peacefully with the Earless was interesting, though I'm also left wondering why it is some Earless are mindless while others apparently retain their sanity.

It was also nice to see Mu cares enough about Echo to give up being a player and her entire quest in the process. In turn, Echo tells her a kind lie so she doesn't have to worry about him too much. She would definitely hold back otherwise.

No signs of Echo and Mu in the preview, is Nir going to be the protagonist of the next ep? I expected her to return but not that soon.
Old 2020-05-09, 10:14   Link #40
Frontier

Quote:
"Crazy Diamond" wasn't a JoJo reference. Or rather, I suppose it was - since JoJo was referencing the same thing.
I know. I just wanted to make a JoJo joke .

Tags
mecha, music, sci-fi