AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2019-09-25, 15:27   Link #21
Amelgar

^ lol ya. What's even better is that there hasn't been a mention of a country mirroring japanese culture yet
Amelgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-26, 15:45   Link #22
Amelgar

Damn I may have spoken too soon. It's probably only been mentioned once or twice tho...

Quote:
「この道がそこそこ長いものですから。しかしこれは平民の間で使われている一般的なファルシオンとは異なっ ています。普通はもっと肉切り包丁のように刃が寸胴で、刃先が膨らんでいて重みで斬れるようになっている。 これは……シンの国にある刀に近い形状をしています」
Old 2019-09-26, 20:48   Link #23
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Not Japan is here~
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-27, 16:27   Link #24
Breimn

Is it Katana time again?
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-27, 16:46   Link #25
Amelgar

lol no. Kian's about to enter a sorta underground deathmatch tournament and was choosing a weapon. He ended up chosing a falchion based on a Katana because its more suited against humans than the standard falchion, which is thicker and commonly used against magic beasts.

Kian's favored weapon is a rather unique magic sword with lots of holes in it which literally sounds like a screaming woman when exposed to the wind.
Old 2019-09-29, 11:22   Link #26
cabman11

War god kian flexing his skills and finishes her off with that judo flip

Last edited by cabman11; 2019-09-29 at 11:35.
cabman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-29, 15:46   Link #27
Amelgar

pretty sure he was more than flexing here

that was a fun fight to read
Old 2019-10-03, 10:32   Link #28
cabman11

how much you want to bet that jibril is actually gay for his brother and he just wants to steal Sarah's body so he can finally be with him.
You know, wraith possession style.

Also, fucking hell this match was lit. He finally did it
Old 2019-10-03, 13:49   Link #29
Amelgar

lol the thought definitely occurred to me more than once. though plausible, I doubt it.

his envoy expressed jibril's interest in Natora to the Nacash chief awhile back, so there is something about wanting a Sara lookalike.

Also those antics between Priscilla and shota Kian! gehehe
Old 2019-10-05, 09:58   Link #30
cabman11

Yep. That's it. I'm certain he's trying to get rid of all female competition around his brother.

Also, is he a fucking time traveler? Because he has things he shouldn't have
Old 2019-10-05, 16:13   Link #31
Amelgar

well that was interesting. first time we've actually got a glimpse at jibril's personality. it's definitely hard to say he doesn't have a gay rivalry with his brother :S

I doubt he's a time traveler, it may have had something to do with being in the alternate space.
Old 2019-10-05, 17:11   Link #32
Amelgar

oooo another update. must say I love the heroines in the novel. no damsel-in-distress here! (well there are some...)

time for Kian to work his womanizing skillz on Sara gehehe
Old 2019-10-13, 14:49   Link #33
Amelgar

lol those last two chapters. The two kuzu, Kian and Rin and their ero-elves.

Rin was probably the worse kuzu tho. Wonder if Kian will say something similar to Sara the next morning gehehe
Old 2019-10-13, 16:42   Link #34
cabman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelgar View Post
lol those last two chapters. The two kuzu, Kian and Rin and their ero-elves.

Rin was probably the worse kuzu tho. Wonder if Kian will say something similar to Sara the next morning gehehe
We all know smooth-as-ice-glasses-kun is going to swoop in and save a maiden desperately in love.

I mean, he hasn't dabbled in netori yet, right?

Edit
Oh shit, I just realized. This situation is literally the same as the situation from the previous chapter with rin. If we replace Sarah with what's-her-face girl watching them have sex
Old 2019-10-13, 16:59   Link #35
Amelgar

She's likely going to be tied up in the climax of the arc given all the foreshadowing. Perhaps similar to how the guild receptionist was in the first arc. Though Kian is slowly growing a harem of witches/female magicians so its entirely likely that it will end in netori.

I'm currently betting that Rin sold the souls(?) of her and the high elf for his success as an adventurer to that shady merchant. Perfect netori chance for Kian.
Old 2019-10-19, 12:58   Link #36
Sekiryuu12
God Member

Like a starving beast, I read this way to fast. Can someone please, recommend-me something similar?
Sekiryuu12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-21, 09:41   Link #37
Rasty

I kind of like this, but at the same time, it's a chore to read. I don't know whether it's because of bad writing or simply being too wordy, but it certainly doesn't flow the way it should.

Also, I get the feeling Hangyaku no Soul Eater got it's starting situation from this (or both copy the same work), because it's almost exactly the same.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-21, 15:38   Link #38
Amelgar

yahoo 2 new readers!

^^ Pulling up blanks on other novels similar to this sorry . lol and I didn't notice until Rasty mentioned it but the starting situation is almost exactly the same as Hangyaku no Soul Eater. But the similarities end there. Whereas this is a nariagari story, Hangyaku is a revenge/zamaa story. I also REALLY disliked the MC in Hangyaku until the author deigned to mentioned the reason he was disliked and weak was because there was a level system and he was stuck at level 1. The author's style of writing is also rather irritating, so its not something I'd personally recommend.

^ How far in did you get? I re-visited the first arc a while ago and did find the pacing/flow of events a bit off. I'd forgotten most of the events that occurred involving the 隼の団 adventurer party and they were the parts that felt the most "off" to me. Fortunately(?) they're just fodder for creating some of the conflict in the first arc and disappear afterwards. How the author handled them is probably my biggest gripe in the novel.

I personally felt that the first arc was alot "rougher" in terms of quality when compared to the 2nd arc onwards. Though I could be biased, since it usually takes me 2 readings to pick those things up. The first arc is also the the arc with the strongest revenge/zamaa elements. Later arcs barely touch on it.
Old 2019-10-21, 16:14   Link #39
Rasty

^ Currently chapter 38 (and that party is already gone for a while). For an example of SLOW progress and needless wordiness, just this chapter spends over 4k characters describing the receptionist running away from ghosts. I get that it is trying to build up tension, but leaving aside the length and quality, I as a reader have no reason to care whether she lives or is shredded, because she has been established as something between bothersome and a straight-up enemy character.
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-21, 16:34   Link #40
Sekiryuu12
God Member

Currently waiting for chapter 220.
Sekiryuu12 is offline   Reply With Quote