Old 2022-03-10, 08:01   Link #341
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Plot twist: not a spy, just an asshole.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-15, 07:12   Link #342
DragonOsman
Dragon King

That's possible. But either way, hopefully someone puts him in his place.
Old 2022-03-15, 10:39   Link #343
marvelB

That time of week is here! Percy takes on the holy knight trio (who are dubbed the "Tristan Platoon"), and manages to fend them off well enough for a bit. Soon, his friends come to back him up, but the platoon ends up taking them out! Percy, despite being blinded, is clearly about to open a can of whoop-ass on the trio after discovering his friends were hurt.... but who should come along to quell the situation....?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Anyway, this chapter makes me even more convinced that Isolde is King and Diane's daughter. She even used earth-type magic during the fight (well, earth combined with Guila's explosion magic, anyway). But now I'm wondering if she'll treat Tristan as a pervert too, despite being his servant (it wouldn't exactly be surprising, considering who his dad is, heh).
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-15, 15:43   Link #344
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I just read the chapter. Man, that's such a cliffhanger. Ending the chapter right at the moment Tristan showed up.

I wonder if Tristan already heard about Percy from his dad and is here to stop the fight because he knows they aren't bad people. It'd be really bad if he doesn't know that Percy isn't a bad guy, though.

So do you guys think that guy that can use the Sylph is really a spy, or do you think he's just an asshole like Anh_Minh guessed above?
Old 2022-03-15, 19:06   Link #345
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
I just read the chapter. Man, that's such a cliffhanger. Ending the chapter right at the moment Tristan showed up.

I wonder if Tristan already heard about Percy from his dad and is here to stop the fight because he knows they aren't bad people. It'd be really bad if he doesn't know that Percy isn't a bad guy, though.

So do you guys think that guy that can use the Sylph is really a spy, or do you think he's just an asshole like Anh_Minh guessed above?
I'm starting to think he's just an asshole, and possibly an idiot just like the other two.

Tristan didn't inherit the manlet gene! Hurray!
Old 2022-03-16, 08:47   Link #346
WingedAccelerator

I also change my answer to asshole instead of spy. Should have known from Isolde, but they are a team and part of Tristan's group. Would be weird if the guy managed to fool Tristan all this time. Also, did he just speak Demon Language during that one spell? Considering Arthur's racism, he wouldn't have gotten away with it.

Speaking of Demon Language, I fear Percival will indeed have a connection to the Demon Clan one way or another. Sad.

Isolde being King's and Diane's daughter seems more and more likely.

And thankfully Tristan took after Elizabeth.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-18, 01:39   Link #347
DragonOsman
Dragon King

They're Tristan's personal knight group, if I understand correctly. So yeah, unless that guy is really good and managed to pull the wool over Tristan's eyes for all this time, he couldn't really be a spy.

And yeah, it's really good that Tristan took after Elizabeth in the height department.
Old 2022-03-18, 01:49   Link #348
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
They're Tristan's personal knight group, if I understand correctly. So yeah, unless that guy is really good and managed to pull the wool over Tristan's eyes for all this time, he couldn't really be a spy.
Really good... and yet super ready to tip his hand.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-22, 06:02   Link #349
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

I don't mind if author potray Tristan as ignorant righteous guy that easy to manipulated like Kouki of Arifureta and has conflict relationship with the MC.

That might interesting than him being perfect nice prince.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-22, 09:05   Link #350
marvelB

New chapter time! It's now Tristan's turn to show off, as Percy is still less than happy about his friends being abused by the platoon! Curiously, the prince couldn't understand the demon tongue Percy spoke, which I guess means he either doesn't know the language at all, or maybe it's a dialect unique to the higher-class demons (Mel could understand it, after all). Anyway, it's eventually up to Percy's friends to finally calm him back to his normal self. If you ask me, this is the first real indication of Percy's true potential as the Knight of Death.

Anyway, couple other things I notice: Tristan sprouted four wings while fighting Percy.... does that make him equivalent to an archangel, now? Also, Chion (that Sylph knight guy) was acting real suspicious for a couple moments in the chapter, which may reinforce the possibility of him being an undercover Chaos Knight after all. Or is this just another red herring on the author's part....?
Old 2022-03-22, 12:38   Link #351
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Just read the chapter myself.

Yeah, that Chion guy's definitely suspicious. He clicked his tongue when the others found out that Percival's the Knight of the Apocalypse they were looking for. Like he already knew about it but want them to find out.

And Percival used his Knight of Death powers here. I liked seeing that.
Old 2022-03-22, 19:15   Link #352
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Percival's power as the Knight of Death seem to be basically be Barragan's from Bleach. Decay, essentially. A very dangerous power, no doubt.

Tristan takes way too much after Elizabeth, he straight up looked like a girl in some panels. Interesting to see him only use his Goddess powers (but it might just be because he suspected Percival of being a demon), though he did use a pair of black and white swords. I wonder if he'll be able to heal Chion's arm. I'm hoping not, fucker deserves this. And yeaaaah, I'm switching back to traitor. Problem with that is with Anne the living lie detector here, he'll be found out quickly.
Old 2022-03-23, 03:16   Link #353
WingedAccelerator

Cool chapter.

Percival's Death ability is similar to how the Pacifism Commandment affected Dogedo, but on a much smaller scale. No rapid aging here, but the withering out is there, so sucking out life force most likely. Crocodile's Devil Fruit also came to my mind with its drying application.

I'm starting to wonder that maybe the language Percival and Chion chanted is not demonic. Tristan didn't understand Percival, which can be explained with Meliodas neglecting to teach him the language, but then he used his attack specifically to test if Percival is a demon or not, and he concluded he isn't.
Reminder that according to that CGI movie's premise, he only acquired the use of his Goddess powers. Which doesn't mean he can't use his demon powers now, but I think the 2-part movie's final act will involve him awakening his Demon powers as well, so it's just not shown here to not spoil it before it comes out.

And yeah, Chion is back to being a traitor. If not, he has a serious problem with Percival and personally targeted him. Could be Varghese and Ironside related familial feud as well.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-23, 10:31   Link #354
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Kanon: Nice catch with Barragan. I'm kind of surprised I didn't think of that.

And yeah, Chion could be a traitor, but Anne will figure that out pretty easily. But I wonder if Chion can actually work around that ability somehow. Let's wait and see.
Old 2022-03-29, 11:01   Link #355
marvelB

New chapter! So, after a display of healing powers from both Tristan and Percy, the two Knights of the Apocalypse finally make proper introductions to one another. Furthermore, we finally have confirmation that Lancelot is one of the Four, as well! However, before we can get introduced to the last knight, Lancelot brings troubling news: The last knight is now on the run...!!!!

So, more and more questions are raised about Chion by the chapter. He showed quite some animosity towards Percy before his arm got fixed, and conveniently "forgot" that he was informed of the boy's arrival in advance. Yep, totally not fishy, all right. We also see that Isolde indeed has a thing for Tristan (again, not surprising considering who she's based on). Still nothing on whether or not she's King/Diane's daughter, though. Anyhoo, I wonder how long until we finally meet the last KotA? Perhaps we'll see them running around Liones as soon as next chapter, getting into all sorts of wacky hijinks!
Old 2022-03-29, 14:57   Link #356
DragonOsman
Dragon King

So Lancelot does already know he's one of the four knights of prophecy but just didn't tell them. I wonder if Mel's knack for keeping secrets rubbed off on him somehow?

Anyway, yeah, I definitely agree with Marvel about Chion. I still say his suspicious. Just not sure if he's a spy or just an asshole.
Old 2022-03-29, 18:13   Link #357
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So, more and more questions are raised about Chion by the chapter. He showed quite some animosity towards Percy before his arm got fixed, and conveniently "forgot" that he was informed of the boy's arrival in advance. Yep, totally not fishy, all right.
Anne noticed he was lying too. I'm surprised she didn't call him out on that, but after everything that's happened, she probably doesn't want to start more trouble. Not sure who she can trust either.
Old 2022-03-30, 03:04   Link #358
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I just hope it won't too late by the time she sees that Tristan can be trusted.
Old 2022-04-05, 11:04   Link #359
marvelB

It's that time again! So, first things first: The fourth knight's confirmed to be GAWAIN. And according to Tristan, they're someone who wears pure white armor, and possesses "golden magic" (so most likely the next-gen Escanor, yeah). Lastly, it's revealed that Gawain is a blood relative of Arthur's... which makes sense, since in the original lore he was Arthur's nephew. However, it's unclear whether THIS version of Gawain is a man or woman, so perhaps it may be the evil king's niece who becomes a Knight of the Apocalypse. Furthermore, Bartra (who, yes, is still alive, ) has foreseen a most ominous new prophecy....!!!!

So, Anne finally voiced her suspicions about Chion, though it may be a bit late at this point, heh. I also notice the prophecy mentions both a traitor AND an "assassin of Chaos", so they may not necessarily be the same person. That brings an interesting thought to mind: Perhaps Chion IS a spy, but just not Arthur's. He could be working for a different enemy faction, though the prophecy seems to imply he'll be working with Arthur's people, anyway (who I assume are those shady folk who appear near the end). Perhaps this is where Deathpierce finally factors into the story? I could see him sending agents to destroy Liones from within (especially since his racism predates Arthur's).
Old 2022-04-05, 18:08   Link #360
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Since he's wearing a suit of armor and his gender was even questioned... I'm pretty sure Gawain will turn out to be a girl. If that's the case, I hope she'll be able to wield Sunshine as well as Mael so it doesn't alter her body. I don't really want a female Escanor (personality wise, it could be nice though).

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So, Anne finally voiced her suspicions about Chion, though it may be a bit late at this point, heh. I also notice the prophecy mentions both a traitor AND an "assassin of Chaos", so they may not necessarily be the same person. That brings an interesting thought to mind: Perhaps Chion IS a spy, but just not Arthur's. He could be working for a different enemy faction, though the prophecy seems to imply he'll be working with Arthur's people, anyway (who I assume are those shady folk who appear near the end). Perhaps this is where Deathpierce finally factors into the story? I could see him sending agents to destroy Liones from within (especially since his racism predates Arthur's).
Wasn't it already confirmed Deathpierce will be dealt with in the upcoming Tristan movie? The assassin and the traitor are definitely two different persons, and that doesn't necessarily mean they aren't from the same faction. The "assassin" is the one who will kill Percival (again), thereby robbing them of "hope", and Chion is the traitor who will help him achieve that.