AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2015-06-22, 00:19   Link #341
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

this season story was "many-many" skipped

and i'm not sure about season 4 of DxD after seeing this season

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
LowCholesterol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-22, 06:49   Link #342
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
The three legged race is an after-tought. What do you mean, that it was a bigger deal in the LN?

About a chance for future seasons, Noragami had an anime original ending, the BDs sold 3k-4k, and is having a second season 1 and half a year later. And it's made by Bones, that studio almost never makes sequels. I'm not saying it will happen, specially not until I see how the BDs sold, but is not unheard of.

I think everyone agrees that it would've been MUCH better for them to adapt v5-7 reshuffled without this much original content. I hate the Sitri RG, but Akeno's arc lroperly done makes it worth it. But this original content wasn't awful, nor was the worst anime original material ever, and even the LN itself had parts that I consider worse than this. That Yaegaki storyline in v18 was what I call actual cringe-worthy garbage.

The three-legged race in the original wasnt an afterthought because u remember that he wakes up and rushes to see that because he wants to be there for Asia. the three legged race is basically one of those Asia has her moment with issei and they kiss afterwards its one of those scenes dont right.

I said that AO endings are typically the death sentence but we shall see.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-22, 07:15   Link #343
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
The three-legged race in the original wasnt an afterthought because u remember that he wakes up and rushes to see that because he wants to be there for Asia. the three legged race is basically one of those Asia has her moment with issei and they kiss afterwards its one of those scenes dont right.

I said that AO endings are typically the death sentence but we shall see.
And instead we got the scene of Asia healing Ise from the coma and kissing him. So I don't see how that's a minus.

The truth is, noone can actually predict whether there'll be a season 4 or not until the BDs are released. Even when the anime is loyal to the source material.
Chichiryuushintei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-22, 08:37   Link #344
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
And instead we got the scene of Asia healing Ise from the coma and kissing him. So I don't see how that's a minus.

The truth is, noone can actually predict whether there'll be a season 4 or not until the BDs are released. Even when the anime is loyal to the source material.
There's a lot of stuff we can debate on this one and i dont feel like doing it anymore so i wont worry about it.

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-22, 10:01   Link #345
Archilla

Hmm.

Hmmmmmm.

Well, finally saw the episode. I'm really quite surprised that they decided to end that way. I'm gonna type up some thoughts here in a little bit, but the TLDR will be that pilfering the climax of Volume 10 (and arguably the most important moment in the series) an entire season early just to do a nighttime version of that scene from SAO left a very sour taste in my mouth.

Especially when you torpedo future character development in the process.

Edit:

Okay. So I think I've established myself as a pretty level-headed guy when it comes to the anime. I watch it for enjoyment and to support Ishibumi. I think I've earned myself a little tiny mini-rant.

Look TNK, I appreciate what you're trying to do. Putting IsseixRias front and center in a sincere and legitimate way is admirable. But jumping the gun and taking Volume 10's bread and butter instead of writing your own ending not only significantly lessens the impact of the event when it happens for real, but also causes serious contradictions in character development.

As it stands now, Volume 10's confession is going to feel like a cheap reiteration of the beach scene because you simply can't bring anything new to that table. Having it so casually come and go makes us roll our eyes when you go "now do it again, but this time for real."

Secondly, having Rias casually bring it up after a few episodes of light moping makes v10 Rias look like a bi-polar psycho when she flips on Issei because he can't figure it out, even though here that problem is circumvented by her just bringing it up. Others may disagree, but I enjoyed Issei needing to figure it out. It's far more human for Rias to find herself unable to be direct with him.

Thirdly, Issei manages to confront his major demons (albiet without a full confession) without any reflection or difficulty at all, which cripples possibly the most touching and emotionally deep scene in the series (the sauna scene).

In short, this ending cuts off v10's legs even though it has good intentions. I'm just surprised that such care was taken with JD, but the part that most people say must be adapted directly gets used for spare parts.

Also, on a more silly note: TNK, please stop continuing to make LS underpowered. I know that the copy was a fraction of Issei's real power (and totally shouldn't be able to go JD, but that's for another day) but there's a reason that attack is only used 3 times.

P.S. PLEASE tell me I wasn't the only one who half-expected Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann to pass by Issei and Rias with its arms crossed when they fell into the space sea...

Last edited by Archilla; 2015-06-22 at 12:11.
Archilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-23, 08:13   Link #346
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDK1 View Post

Also, on a more silly note: TNK, please stop continuing to make LS underpowered. I know that the copy was a fraction of Issei's real power (and totally shouldn't be able to go JD, but that's for another day) but there's a reason that attack is only used 3 times.

P.S. PLEASE tell me I wasn't the only one who half-expected Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann to pass by Issei and Rias with its arms crossed when they fell into the space sea...
That wasn't even LS, it had a Norse magic circle. The gun was the same but the bullet was different. I don't know if this makes much sense but it's all I can think of as an analogy.

Yeah, that may have crossed my mind. A moon-sized giant robot just floating in a sea of nothingness.

Oh, maybe that white thing is a Gogmagog?
Old 2015-06-24, 23:09   Link #347
KingIsseisPawn69B
Pawn

Okay. When I said Rias and everyone who isnt supposed to go to kyoto going to kyoto and Sairoarg going evil and whatever else I said I was providing examples of Fears I have for season 4 if we get season 4.
Given the changes from this season it wouldn't shock me to see them make the changes I stated before.
I wouldn't be surprised if TNK thinks rias needs to go to kyoto because they think we want to see rias in kyoto getting close with issei. By that same bullshit logic it wouldn't shock me if they 'shock' us by rewriting Sairoarg by making him evil since TNK has proven themselves with this shittyass season to not know their true audience or the source material. If they knew about the source material they wouldn't've crippled LN 10 and they for damn sure wouldn't've shat on Akeno or had any anime original crap. Or if they did anime original crap they'd make sure it was semi relevant to the current season and that it wouldn't fuck up the best moment in the series. For fucks sake the last 3 eps were essentially advertising for season 4.

You see my fears. That TNK may decide to stupidly make changes to the source material to fit what they think their audience wants. In this case by royally fucking up 9 by having Rias and company be their all along in some capacity, either as tourists or chaperons.

I hope I have cleared things up.

Long Live Chichigami

Volume 10
KingIsseisPawn69B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-25, 08:09   Link #348
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingIsseisPawn69B View Post
Okay. When I said Rias and everyone who isnt supposed to go to kyoto going to kyoto and Sairoarg going evil and whatever else I said I was providing examples of Fears I have for season 4 if we get season 4.
Given the changes from this season it wouldn't shock me to see them make the changes I stated before.
I wouldn't be surprised if TNK thinks rias needs to go to kyoto because they think we want to see rias in kyoto getting close with issei. By that same bullshit logic it wouldn't shock me if they 'shock' us by rewriting Sairoarg by making him evil since TNK has proven themselves with this shittyass season to not know their true audience or the source material. If they knew about the source material they wouldn't've crippled LN 10 and they for damn sure wouldn't've shat on Akeno or had any anime original crap. Or if they did anime original crap they'd make sure it was semi relevant to the current season and that it wouldn't fuck up the best moment in the series. For fucks sake the last 3 eps were essentially advertising for season 4.

You see my fears. That TNK may decide to stupidly make changes to the source material to fit what they think their audience wants. In this case by royally fucking up 9 by having Rias and company be their all along in some capacity, either as tourists or chaperons.

I hope I have cleared things up.

Long Live Chichigami
I understand being afraid of or hating changes. But those examples of yours are unfounded.

The trip for second years seems to be kind of cultural in Japan. So no, there's nothing that indicates they'd change that.

And again, they never made characters act OOC. So Sairaorg going evil is something completely random you thought up.

Their "true audience" are the people who buy BDs. If the BDs sell, they did their job right.

They also know the source material, just because they decided to change it doesn't mean they don't know it. Actually the scriptwriter+director+whoever else who has a role on the script wold need to have read it to make changes without fucking continuity.
Old 2015-07-01, 22:39   Link #349
KingIsseisPawn69B
Pawn

Quote:
I understand being afraid of or hating changes. But those examples of yours are unfounded.

The trip for second years seems to be kind of cultural in Japan. So no, there's nothing that indicates they'd change that.

And again, they never made characters act OOC. So Sairaorg going evil is something completely random you thought up.

Their "true audience" are the people who buy BDs. If the BDs sell, they did their job right.

They also know the source material, just because they decided to change it doesn't mean they don't know it. Actually the scriptwriter+director+whoever else who has a role on the script wold need to have read it to make changes without fucking continuity.
I've had some time to reflect and I stand by what I said. Maybe you think my fears of them drastically changing things are unfounded but it is in my opinion they had Akeno act OOC when she forgave her father as easily as she did. Going by what we've seen in the anime, season 2 actually, Akeno ha shown a lot of hatred and has even stated she detests Fallen Angels. It was revealed to the anime audience, sort of, in season 3 why she hated them so much, ie her dad not being there. She spent her whole life hating her dad because she didnt want to blame herself (okay that was from the LN). For her arc to end so suddenly.... It ending as quickly as it was was OOC, although not nearly as big as what my fears are. I am not sure what to say about the anime original material other than I think Rias acted a little OOC though it wasn't as big since she and everyone basically forgot everything that happened other than Issei saving the day.

Honestly. Those 3 episodes were a big shit on the fans. I am glad no one really remembers what happened but that basically means that it was implied that the season finale means nothing. Actually all that season finale did was spoil season 4. It wasn't as bad as the terminator trailer but... actually it was worse. They wasted our time with something that not only didnt forward any plot or even have much ecchi in it, but they spoiled or heavily hinted at the best moments of LN 9 and 10.

I dont give a damn if rias was under a curse she should've known Issei well enough for that crap to not work.

Again that was my opinion.

I am aware Ishibumi came up with the script and I maintain he made a mistake by adding this anime original crap while basically erasing half of light novels 5 and 7 while nerfing Akeno, Koneko and Asia. I wouldn't've had as much of a problem had it been necessary but I think I am not alone in stating the last 3 episodes were not only not necessary but they may've crippled this series.

DxD may survive and get a season 4 but before this horrid season they had mostly stayed true tot he books. There was no reason not to stay true to light novels 5 and 6 while cutting most of 7. Ending this season with a Vali Issei team up would've been far better than some bullshit asgardian/norse curse that made damn near no sense which lead to an anime original plot that made less sense and killed this shows reputation of following the LNs faithfully.

If you disagree and think that reputation is still fine please explain in detail how the hell season 3 faithfully followed LNs 5, 6 and 7. I am aware they mostly followed 6 but they damn sure didnt follow 5.

Again, I stand by my fears especially if they think season 4 would be the last season. If they think and act on season 4 ending everything it'd make some sense for them to think of having Sairoarg being a villain because, Movie Logic (good vs evil, protagonist gets the girl). Given how LN 10 ends they could in theory have Sairoarg go way the fuck OOC and still have the pay off of Issei proclaiming his love for Rias.

Volume 10
KingIsseisPawn69B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-01, 23:02   Link #350
SILENTANIMELOVER

I still want to see a 4th Season of High School DxD. In all honesty, I have mixed feelings about the filler episodes, but I kind of understand why they did it. Still, they should have found a better way to end the season than with non-canon material. Plus, altering the anime from the light novel source material wasn't too cool, either. They better not make the same mistake the second time around--if it ever comes--or the fans will riot.
SILENTANIMELOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-01, 23:23   Link #351
Chichiryuushintei

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingIsseisPawn69B View Post
I've had some time to reflect and I stand by what I said. Maybe you think my fears of them drastically changing things are unfounded but it is in my opinion they had Akeno act OOC when she forgave her father as easily as she did. Going by what we've seen in the anime, season 2 actually, Akeno ha shown a lot of hatred and has even stated she detests Fallen Angels. It was revealed to the anime audience, sort of, in season 3 why she hated them so much, ie her dad not being there. She spent her whole life hating her dad because she didnt want to blame herself (okay that was from the LN). For her arc to end so suddenly.... It ending as quickly as it was was OOC, although not nearly as big as what my fears are. I am not sure what to say about the anime original material other than I think Rias acted a little OOC though it wasn't as big since she and everyone basically forgot everything that happened other than Issei saving the day.

Honestly. Those 3 episodes were a big shit on the fans. I am glad no one really remembers what happened but that basically means that it was implied that the season finale means nothing. Actually all that season finale did was spoil season 4. It wasn't as bad as the terminator trailer but... actually it was worse. They wasted our time with something that not only didnt forward any plot or even have much ecchi in it, but they spoiled or heavily hinted at the best moments of LN 9 and 10.

I dont give a damn if rias was under a curse she should've known Issei well enough for that crap to not work.

Again that was my opinion.

I am aware Ishibumi came up with the script and I maintain he made a mistake by adding this anime original crap while basically erasing half of light novels 5 and 7 while nerfing Akeno, Koneko and Asia. I wouldn't've had as much of a problem had it been necessary but I think I am not alone in stating the last 3 episodes were not only not necessary but they may've crippled this series.

DxD may survive and get a season 4 but before this horrid season they had mostly stayed true tot he books. There was no reason not to stay true to light novels 5 and 6 while cutting most of 7. Ending this season with a Vali Issei team up would've been far better than some bullshit asgardian/norse curse that made damn near no sense which lead to an anime original plot that made less sense and killed this shows reputation of following the LNs faithfully.

If you disagree and think that reputation is still fine please explain in detail how the hell season 3 faithfully followed LNs 5, 6 and 7. I am aware they mostly followed 6 but they damn sure didnt follow 5.

Again, I stand by my fears especially if they think season 4 would be the last season. If they think and act on season 4 ending everything it'd make some sense for them to think of having Sairoarg being a villain because, Movie Logic (good vs evil, protagonist gets the girl). Given how LN 10 ends they could in theory have Sairoarg go way the fuck OOC and still have the pay off of Issei proclaiming his love for Rias.
That wasn't OOC. They did shorten and butcher Akeno's arc, but she forgave her father the same way in the books, by having Ise use Bilingual on her and facing her true feelings. Butchered yes, but not OOC.

Rias was even more in-character than Akeno. She was afraid and sad about the whole name thing just like in the books. "She should've known Ise well enough for that crap not to work" It was a curse of the Evil God who's most known for trickery, and she was brainwashed by his supernatural roofies.

The only one whose development was "nerfed" like you said was Akeno. Both Koneko and Asia had the same amount of development they had in the books.

I never said they adapted it faithfully, I said it was enjoyable to watch. If I enjoy it, why should I give a shit if it was like that in the source material or not? I enjoyed it, period. Besides, I already stated how much I despise the half of v5 they took out.

They have 2 seasons well adapted, one which was badly adapted although still enjoyable, and another series that made me laugh my ass off. So yeah, they're still on the positive as far as I know.

Last edited by Chichiryuushintei; 2015-07-01 at 23:34.