AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2023-01-03, 04:41   Link #35641
GDB

If you have Koyanskaya of Light and are willing to wait, Morgan is a good sub. Caren isn't.

He'll work with a single Castoria, but not as well since it's not just the arts up but also the NP gain up that she provides.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-03, 11:57   Link #35642
darkofficer
just a devil

did the new year roll hoping for kama got liliya. that sucked also another stentho spook

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-04, 17:52   Link #35643
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I've been wondering for a while and Muramasa and Rasputin reminded me. I know the real reason why pseudo-servants exist: to bring back old characters for fanservice. But what is the reason within the story? For Divine Spirits, I get it. They can't be summoned normally so they need to use a human vessel. But why would regular heroic spirits like Zhuge Liang need Waver's body to manifest?
Old 2023-01-04, 18:27   Link #35644
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

As far as I remember the story explanation, some Heroic spirits just don't like to manifest themselves so they use a fitting host.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2023-01-04 at 19:21.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-04, 18:59   Link #35645
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
As far as I remmber the story explanation, some Heroic spirits just don't like to manifest themselves so they use a fitting host.
Only thing I can say to that is: "that's bullshit but I believe it".
Old 2023-01-04, 20:08   Link #35646
XFire
150% done

There's also another explanation in that some Heroic Spirits aren't individually strong or notable enough to manifest as themselves and have to borrow a vessel with good compatibility with them. Iirc this is the case with Muramasa specifically, since he was "just" a swordsmith who normally wouldn't qualify for being a full Servant.
Old 2023-01-05, 12:45   Link #35647
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Before they try to fix that, they should fix Kojiro's thinking that he isn't Kojiro by saying that the public perception is messing with his Spirit Core, as it is in fact unknown whether he existed.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-05, 13:30   Link #35648
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I said I was tempted to go for Muramasa if I got Space Ishtar early, but after doing research on her and arts looping, it seemed wiser to try to go for SpIshtar NP2 instead. And... I did it!!!! I even have 19 summon tickets left over. I took her out for a spin in the Saber Wars event and easily broke 1 million damage. And that's with SpIshtar's skills being at level 1 and Castoria at 4/5/10. Farming for those damn medals will be a cake walk now. It's really a complete game breaker.

Also got Vlad III as a bonus, he's apparently a pretty good Berserker. Now I have a 5* in every regular class. Missing the material to fully ascend him though so he'll sit at level 80 for a while. Don't think I'll need his help any time soon.

This FGO year couldn't have started better.

Regarding the event, I'm confused about a lot of things but it seems pretty fun... and really long.

The only thing that kinda sucks is that I can't justify going for Summer Kama other than BOOBS now since she pretty much does the same thing as SpIshtar. She really does have great boobs though...

Any advice for the rest of the year? I'm thinking of trying for Kiara to have a Moon Cancer and Sitonai for Alter Ego, that would fill my roster (I have MHXX for Foreigner and Himiko for Ruler). Then I should focus on broadening ST options, I mostly have Sabers so I think I'll have to pass on Bride after all since she won't add much to my roster. Will there be a SSR ticket for the Anniversary like the one I narrowly missed last year? If so, I'd probably pick Ozymandias.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Before they try to fix that, they should fix Kojiro's thinking that he isn't Kojiro by saying that the public perception is messing with his Spirit Core, as it is in fact unknown whether he existed.
FGO just made it even weirder, since you've got completely fictional characters like Dantes being able to manifest just fine. But maybe there's some lore I'm missing about him since I obviously haven't played the event he first showed up in.
Old 2023-01-05, 14:17   Link #35649
Dextro
He Without a Title

I decided to roll for Space Ishtar once just for kicks, wasn't expecting anything. Got her on the first 11 roll
Old 2023-01-05, 14:30   Link #35650
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I said I was tempted to go for Muramasa if I got Space Ishtar early, but after doing research on her and arts looping, it seemed wiser to try to go for SpIshtar NP2 instead. And... I did it!!!! I even have 19 summon tickets left over. I took her out for a spin in the Saber Wars event and easily broke 1 million damage. And that's with SpIshtar's skills being at level 1 and Castoria at 4/5/10. Farming for those damn medals will be a cake walk now. It's really a complete game breaker.

Also got Vlad III as a bonus, he's apparently a pretty good Berserker. Now I have a 5* in every regular class. Missing the material to fully ascend him though so he'll sit at level 80 for a while. Don't think I'll need his help any time soon.

Regarding the event, I'm confused about a lot of things but it seems pretty fun... and really long.

The only thing that kinda sucks is that I can't justify going for Summer Kama other than BOOBS now since she pretty much does the same thing as SpIshtar. She really does have great boobs though...

Any advice for the rest of the year? I'm thinking of trying for Kiara to have a Moon Cancer and Sitonai for Alter Ego, that would fill my roster (I have MHXX for Foreigner and Himiko for Ruler). Then I should focus on broadening ST options, I mostly have Sabers so I think I'll have to pass on Bride after all since she won't add much to my roster. Will there be a SSR ticket for the Anniversary like the one I narrowly missed last year? If so, I'd probably pick Ozymandias.

FGO just made it even weirder, since you've got completely fictional characters like Dantes being able to manifest just fine. But maybe there's some lore I'm missing about him since I obviously haven't played the event he first showed up in.
Servants to look for are Morgan (AoE Buster zerker with battery skill), Fairy Knight Lancelot aka Smolcelot (a Lancer able to switch between Single Target and AoE with her third skill) and Assassin Koyanskaya (AoE NP + great Buster support skill. There is also a very important character from British Lostbelt who introduce the second original servant class in FGO after Foreigner, who is able to boost NP power even further.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-05, 15:45   Link #35651
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Servants to look for are Morgan (AoE Buster zerker with battery skill), Fairy Knight Lancelot aka Smolcelot (a Lancer able to switch between Single Target and AoE with her third skill) and Assassin Koyanskaya (AoE NP + great Buster support skill. There is also a very important character from British Lostbelt who introduce the second original servant class in FGO after Foreigner, who is able to boost NP power even further.
I was thinking of going for Morgan. Melusine seems like a good pick since my grailed Cu isn't going to be able to carry me forever and Bradamante isn't all that great. Not too interested in Koyanskaya since I have Cleopatra, even if she's objectively better. The last one does sound interesting, but I kinda hate his design a lot.
Old 2023-01-05, 16:07   Link #35652
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Morgan also have a very heartbreaking story in British Lostbelt. I was not interested in her until I got to her story. Girl need a hug.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-05, 16:34   Link #35653
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Morgan also have a very heartbreaking story in British Lostbelt. I was not interested in her until I got to her story. Girl need a hug.
that's why we have the repeat banner in LB6 lol.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-05, 16:38   Link #35654
GDB

Quote:
I was thinking of going for Morgan. Melusine seems like a good pick since my grailed Cu isn't going to be able to carry me forever and Bradamante isn't all that great. Not too interested in Koyanskaya since I have Cleopatra, even if she's objectively better. The last one does sound interesting, but I kinda hate his design a lot.
Koyanskaya is the Buster equivalent of Caster Arturia (the latter is flat out broken, but same concept of being an obscene support for that type). It's not about being an Assassin, it's about being a bonkers Buster support. Same with [redacted].
Old 2023-01-05, 18:03   Link #35655
AC-Phoenix
Detective

FInally have Muramasa, NP 1 though, not worth the NP2 farming.

And while I don't play NA the redectated Servant is said to be not as necessary as Koyans or Morgan going by YTbers. So if you need to save money, redacted is the one you can save on for the time being.
Morgan is imho more important because you can make her undying using Merlin and Castoria...

Also I found out: Luckily the game still gives you your Quartz when the app crashes during the transaction.

Spoiler for LB7 - Fou:

I've also seen a trailer of LB6.. Is BB in there? There is a character in one of those trailers that looks suspiciously close to her.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2023-01-05 at 19:20.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-01-05, 19:36   Link #35656
GDB

It's not BB, no.
Old 2023-01-05, 20:34   Link #35657
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Koyanskaya is one of the "enabler" Servants like Skadi or Castoria. While she can function as a farmer herself, her main thing is that she enables legit Buster loop teams. She also syncs extremely hard with [spoiler character] who you'll know by him introducing a new class to the game, and the two of them enable damage numbers that are through the damn roof.
Old 2023-01-05, 20:36   Link #35658
XFire
150% done

Quote:

Dantes isn't fictional in Fate, actually. He has a novel/side story thing where we find out that he actually murdered Roa, a Tsukihime antagonist, during his lifetime.
Old 2023-01-06, 07:43   Link #35659
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Koyanskaya is the Buster equivalent of Caster Arturia (the latter is flat out broken, but same concept of being an obscene support for that type). It's not about being an Assassin, it's about being a bonkers Buster support. Same with [redacted].
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Koyanskaya is one of the "enabler" Servants like Skadi or Castoria. While she can function as a farmer herself, her main thing is that she enables legit Buster loop teams. She also syncs extremely hard with [spoiler character] who you'll know by him introducing a new class to the game, and the two of them enable damage numbers that are through the damn roof.
I see. Thanks for the heads up. I only looked at her kit briefly and I didn't suspect an Assassin could do that since it's usually the Casters' roles. It's refreshing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Dantes isn't fictional in Fate, actually. He has a novel/side story thing where we find out that he actually murdered Roa, a Tsukihime antagonist, during his lifetime.
I had no idea about that! I'm well aware who Roa is, that's really quite something.
Old 2023-01-06, 18:21   Link #35660
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Ok. The new year is looking good so far. Managed to keep my self control mostly intact going through these banners. And by mostly I mean that I used about 17 tickets on Space Ishtar's banner. Which miraculously worked out fine since I finally got my first copy of her. Even if I have other farming options, I just hoped to get the character. So thank goodness for that!

And the GSSR went just fine with getting Himiko. That mostly a result I hoped for just for the voice acting. Tamura Yukari is a treat that's for sure.

Now can mostly get back to saving up for Melusine and some of the other characters coming in the middle of the year. Can never quite have enough with all those banners.

Tags
fgo, gacha, ios, type-moon