AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2017-11-30, 07:08   Link #321
GDB

I almost imagine them not bothering to do anything X-Men related if they got them back. Nothing connected to the MCU, at least. They've gone all in on Inhumans being the replacements, so it'd be really jarring to suddenly switch to Mutants. Especially with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver already being things.

FF, however, I 100% see them trying to integrate. Doctor Doom especially.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-01, 10:24   Link #322
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

About the Inhumans, the Inhumans TV show was panned by both critics and fans.
Old 2017-12-01, 18:41   Link #323
BPD Renegade

Ah, the Inhumans series... Never got past the first fifteen minutes. That awkward, drawn-out sex scene in the first five minutes didn't help.

Speaking of which, a friendly PSA for anyone thinking about showing it to underage viewers despite how universally panned it is: SAVE YOURSELVES, AND SKIP THE INTRO.

Now bring on Doom and the mutants.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-01, 21:54   Link #324
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

TBH I don't know how I feel about finally having the possibility of introducing mutant-kind and F4 into the current MCU. The MCU already is kinda bursting at the seems with all its characters, and they probably should trim and move on with their past characters before introducing them to cut back on bloat.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-02, 03:46   Link #325
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

It was glorious trailer, you got it.
Unfortunately the absence of cosmic figures such as Silver Surfer, Captain Marvel, Galactus, Gladiator, Adam Warlock making infinity war less compelling to comic counterpart.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-02, 06:32   Link #326
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
TBH I don't know how I feel about finally having the possibility of introducing mutant-kind and F4 into the current MCU. The MCU already is kinda bursting at the seems with all its characters, and they probably should trim and move on with their past characters before introducing them to cut back on bloat.
Well, apparently Cap, Iron Man, Thor and Hulk are nearing the end of their term in the avengers going by the contract of their performers so there's a window of opportunity there to transition to different characters.
Old 2017-12-05, 16:24   Link #327
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Looks like Disney might be buying Fox Entertainment.

If the deal is confirmed then the Fantastic Four and X-Men films are back in Marvel hands.
I am happy about this but worried what it means for Deadpool. He's not exactly disney friendly...
Old 2017-12-05, 17:57   Link #328
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I am happy about this but worried what it means for Deadpool. He's not exactly disney friendly...
Given the shows on Netflix, I wouldn't consider it a problem.
Old 2017-12-06, 07:00   Link #329
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Disney and Fox are closing in on deal, could be announced next week: Sources

Yup, looks like it's happening.
Old 2017-12-06, 17:16   Link #330
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well this should be pretty crazy. Of course will wait on them to officially drop the news since until then...you just never know. But especially at this point it is something to talk about.

I'm still just curious to see how they'll handle this sudden influx of possibilities. The Fantastic Four is simple enough. There's no attachment to any incarnation of those characters that Fox has come up with. Still don't know if they'll even use them. Might just simply take the villain roster and run with it.

What they do with the X-Men is harder for me to guess. Maybe they'll use the multiverse idea and have them stay on their own version of Earth. Then can mix them in with the main MCU for some kind of inter-dimensional conflict? Just a bit tricky in general since mutants haven't existed in the MCU and (while the success is questionable) they have put some focus on the Inhumans. But it would also be kind of cool having mutants emerging in the MCU.

This would definitely give all sorts of fuel to keep the Marvel movies going on for a long time. Could actually make a good incarnation of Doctor Doom, Galactus, etc. There are some questions on how they might handle all this, but I'm pretty curious to see where this could go.
Old 2017-12-06, 19:06   Link #331
Dark Wing

I for one welcome our new mouse overload...Praise Emperor Mouse! Binder of Worlds!

Fun isn't something one considers when balancing the cinematic universe, but this dose put a smile on my face....haha

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2017-12-06 at 21:49.
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-14, 09:33   Link #332
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

They finally return!! man, i hope we will see X-men vs Avengers
Old 2017-12-14, 10:16   Link #333
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Walt Disney has agreed to buy 21st Century Fox's entertainment assets for a total $52.4bn (£39bn).

And now we wait and see if Marvel Studios will incorporated X-Men and the Fantastic 4 into the MCU.
Old 2017-12-14, 11:56   Link #334
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Walt Disney has agreed to buy 21st Century Fox's entertainment assets for a total $52.4bn (£39bn).

And now we wait and see if Marvel Studios will incorporated X-Men and the Fantastic 4 into the MCU.
Latveria & Baxter Building, here we come!!

Bring on Galactus and the Surfer!!!

Oh, and cast Chris Evans as Johnny Storm again after killing Cap in Avengers 3/4!!!! I don't care. He nailed that role.
Old 2017-12-14, 12:13   Link #335
Galaxian

So now the movies can start building towards Avengers: Secret Wars (aka Avengers 7 & 8).
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-14, 12:46   Link #336
AntonKutovoi

I want them to bring F4 to MCU (OK, I want Doom and Galactus, actually), but I’m not sure about X-Men. They’ll have to bring mutants into established universe, where Inhumans already took the same spot as mutants. Not to mention that there’s a number of X-Men movies already in development, and I want them to be released.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-14, 17:51   Link #337
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Unfortunately the acquisition happened after Infinity war project started.
Infinity war would working better if FF4, Galactus, Silver Surfer, and Doom also included. They were ones of reason why Infinity gauntlet saga in comic has higher stake than Cinematic counterpart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Latveria & Baxter Building, here we come!!

Bring on Galactus and the Surfer!!!

Oh, and cast Chris Evans as Johnny Storm again after killing Cap in Avengers 3/4!!!! I don't care. He nailed that role.
I don't know bout that, it's really strange to see him switch back from serious cap persona to cheerful Johny persona after whole these years him under Captain America name.
Old 2017-12-14, 18:28   Link #338
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
I want them to bring F4 to MCU (OK, I want Doom and Galactus, actually), but I’m not sure about X-Men. They’ll have to bring mutants into established universe, where Inhumans already took the same spot as mutants. Not to mention that there’s a number of X-Men movies already in development, and I want them to be released.
Yeah, I'm fine with the F4 and their cast joining the MCU, but maybe they should keep X Men as it's own separate universe.
Old 2017-12-14, 21:09   Link #339
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
I think it'd be fine. Let's face it. On the film side of things, the Inhumans are a non-entity. The only place they have any real attention drawn to them is on Agents of Shield and a failed Inhumans TV series. If Marvel wants to drop focusing very much on the Inhumans and change the focus to mutants, it should be fine. They haven't really been successful or interesting enough to take the place of the mutants in the MCU. And while film and TV technically exist in the same universe, those divisions don't really work or coordinate that much. We're never going to see the Netflix characters in an MCU movie and we're likely never going to see Inhumans interacting with the Avengers.

I want the F4 (mostly their villains) and the X-Men brought into the MCU. I enjoyed Logan, but that is literally the end of that version of Wolverine and Professor X. I don't mind keeping Deadpool and his little universe on its own. There isn't that much of a problem. Just release the movies coming out this year. That seems reasonable anyways since they may have to keep an eye out for any legal focused challenges to that purchase anyways. But they can let that Fox version of the X-Men end with the Dark Phoenix movies.

Totally admit to being selfish on this one. I didn't care for Apocalypse and after Logan's ending, the only active X-Men character I find interesting is Deadpool. I want to see what they can do with this roster of characters.
Old 2017-12-14, 23:57   Link #340
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

I also don't mind if them separate Deadpool in his own unverse nor still in Fox.
Even in comic Deadpool always being outsider to everyone due of his gag nature.

Tags
marvel cinematic universe