AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-10-11, 01:52   Link #281
Lucidrago

This series largely revolves around devils if you haven't realized.

Not fallen angels or angels.

Plus Azazel having a child kind of details the series with Vali basically being a son to him and him being a single and free man. Kind of ruins the dynamic of you give him a child.

And plus it would make Azazel come off as just a shitty person if you tried to give him a child.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-11, 04:03   Link #282
TommyG

To be honest when I first thought up the character I wasn't thinking fallen angel/ human hybrid, I was thinking fallen angel/devil hybrid, more specifically half Astaroth. (This is just a crazy idea I had) I'm not sure when exactly the war ended but we know Kokabiel fought Strada in WW2 so I assume fights still happened until recently even if all out battles didn't. The grigori were the first to pull out of the war even though according to Kokabiel they were winning (granted not the most unbiased source) because there numbers were the fewest but if your going to win why not just repopulate after victory? So what if the reason he pulled out of the war was because he met a devil from the Astaroth clan, neither of whom initially realising who they were (obviously they knew that one was a fallen angel and the other a devil just not the significance of each other) he so far is the only grigori leader who hasn't settled down, well what of he did he just couldn't tell anyone. At some point she dies either in child birth or during the war, the child he had he realised wouldn't be accepted by the devils or by people in his orginiasation like Kokabiel so he gave her an artificial sacred gear to keep her safe and sent her to the human world to be raised in secret, ignorant to who she is. After the 3 factions achieved peace he had planned to find her but with the arrival of the chaos brigade he chose not to until that threat had been dealt with. This I feel could explain why he became a father figure for Vali, seems odd to me that the only fallen angel leader without a family would take in half Lucifer and then be a father to him, what if Vali's half blood and devil heritage reminded him of his own child, he could get away with bringing Vali into the Grigori due to his Longinus while his own child was born in the middle of conflict. This secret family is also a reason why he's got hope for Shemisiel and his wife, there the family Azazel almost had.

The Astaroth aspect isn't really necessary it's just that Issei has had 3 proper enemies from the Devils, the Phoenix clan, old satan faction and the Astaroth clan. Riser is now Issei's friend and Ravel is his bishop, Vali is now his friend and Ingvild is his queen, assuming he becomes a Maou he will be on a similar political standing to Ajuka (a former Astaroth) so he now needs a teammate connected to their clan. This is all just a crazy Idea I had, i just liked it is all.
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-11, 04:08   Link #283
aw454wtr

Astaroth clan is basically done for, their head was dismissed, they are not allowed to put forth another maou candidate and they don't have any prescence in rating games, their heir was a traitor who consorted with old maou, the general public in the underworld would look at them as traitors and enemies to the popular breast dragon, the older devils probably see them as a liability to their influence
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-11, 04:09   Link #284
TommyG

Perhaps an Astaroth joining his team could help repair their reputation.
Old 2018-10-11, 10:29   Link #285
Lucidrago

Actually the House of Astaroth is still good. It was just that anything they said after what Diodora did was dismissed despite their influence from having a Maou coming from their family. So the House of Astaroth really couldn't say anything to defend themselves because it was ignored due to what their heir did.

That just got a lot of flak for their heir's involvement with the Khaos Brigade. That's a pretty big deal.
Old 2018-10-11, 19:47   Link #286
sbh1fr

What chance other descendents of original maou, like vali lucifer and ingvild leviathan, be discoveted descendents of belzebub or asmodeus.?
sbh1fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-11, 21:49   Link #287
Tyrant Ruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh1fr View Post
What chance other descendents of original maou, like vali lucifer and ingvild leviathan, be discoveted descendents of belzebub or asmodeus.?
honesty i wouldn't be surprise if they exist. I mean we though vali was going to be the only one but now theirs ingvild so a beezebub and asmodeus hiding somewhere wouldn't be out of question.
Tyrant Ruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-11, 23:13   Link #288
aw454wtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh1fr View Post
Unless they all end up joining Issei peerage, makes little sense to introduce them at this stage in the story
Old 2018-10-12, 00:56   Link #289
B214

Both are handsome men who joins Rias' peerage.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-12, 01:37   Link #290
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant Ruler View Post
honesty i wouldn't be surprise if they exist. I mean we though vali was going to be the only one but now theirs ingvild so a beezebub and asmodeus hiding somewhere wouldn't be out of question.
Very unlikely. If they just want someone with tons of demonic power, a regular devil from anywhere else would be enough considering there are Maou-class devils that aren't descendants of the original Maou.

Their abilities? Again compared to some of the abilities of the 72 Pillars, there really isn't anything noteworthy.

What I'm saying is that for another descendant to be discovered, they would be very exceptional cases not just your normal Maou descendant. Do Vali and Ingvild seem like normal Maou descendants to you?

It makes no sense to even mentioning introducing other descendants.
Old 2018-10-12, 02:06   Link #291
aw454wtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Both are handsome men who joins Rias' peerage.
Never happening, Issei would murder them before Rias even sets her eyes on them
Old 2018-10-12, 02:16   Link #292
TommyG

Lucidrago you said there abilities aren't really noteworthy compared with some of the 72 pillars, what is the Asmodeus clan power? I only know leviathan's and Beelzebub's.
Old 2018-10-12, 11:10   Link #293
Parry999

Other then a couple clans like Belial, Phenex or Agares the clans abilities really haven't been as varied as the maou. Leviathan has Sitri and Buné power combined basically.

Last edited by Parry999; 2018-10-12 at 11:36.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-12, 23:06   Link #294
Lucidrago

There's the House of Phenex and they have control over wind and fire and basically have self-healing and regeneration.

The Baels have the Power of Destruction which reduces everything to nothing.

The Balams have Herculean strength(I'm not saying superhuman since they're devils) and a very high level of durability from magic and demonic power attacks.

The Abaddons have the Power of Hole.

The Belphegors have 'Crack.'

Those seem just as unique as the abilities of those descended from Beelzebub and Leviathan.

So far Asmodeus has no ability.
Old 2018-10-12, 23:58   Link #295
Parry999

Super strength not interesting when rook pieces exist. Power of destruction out side of Sirzechs hasn't been impressive at all. Those last two are extra demons dude. They are all ultimate class family's who probably could have been maou if they wanted.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-13, 01:25   Link #296
Lucidrago

And Mistelteinn is nothing when you have bishop pieces.

We're talking about natural traits not something you have to get from an evil piece. And if you're a Balam and get a room piece on top of that.......... ......

Well the reason that is because the only one you have really seen using it is Sirzechs. Rias' fights are largely against those stronger than her or are just skipped over entirely. So not much you've seen of her. There's Millicas who at his young age is able to erase parts of Boosted Gear Scalemail with his POD. Venelana was the strongest female from the House of Bael and was called the Madame of Extinction.

It's quite a powerful ability even if you're not a Super Devil like Sirzechs.

I can say control of water and the sea isn't interesting because Sona can do that.

Well considering that there were already four Maou, they couldn't become Maou as all of the positions were filled. And after the king piece reveal, they kind of lost that opportunity.

I'm talking about the abilities themselves not the power of the ones who use those abilities.

Just saying the Maou aren't the only ones with OP abilities. Their descendants may be born with way more demonic power than the vast majority of high-class devils from the 72 Pillars but does controlling flies seem more OP than POD or Phenex regeneration?
Old 2018-10-14, 05:33   Link #297
TommyG

I been thinking maybe Le fay will join Rias' team as her second bishop. We don't know if Vali will get a peerage and both of Issei's bishop pieces are full and really she doesn't seem like any other piece. She's not really a healer like Asia but she is contracted to Fenrir and Gogmagog which is like Asia with Fafnir and as the descendant of Arthur Pendragon she is certainly unique.
Old 2018-10-14, 12:40   Link #298
cyberdemon

Not likely. One of the reasons she is rebuilding her peerage is because she realized that all those she traded to Issei were more influenced by him than by her. Le Fay would just be the same. Plus she has no reason to join Rias peerage. 2 highly likely candidates are Valerie for Bishop and Tosca for knight or rook
Old 2018-10-14, 12:46   Link #299
TommyG

Not really sure about the rest of her peerage but I'd say that Issei has way more influence over Akeno than Rias. Most people seem to think Valerie will be to valuable for Rias' bishop piece and Tosca is a fair candidate but in my opinion she seems a little underwhelming compared with her current members.
Old 2018-10-14, 12:49   Link #300
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

I don't think Valerie is worth a single Bishop given that she has a Longinus also I think Rias' Peerage has enough Longinus users given that she has 2 Gasper and Issei. Tosca I could believe her joining Rias' Peerage which I could see her as either a Bishop, a Knight or a Rook.