AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2017-06-30, 07:01   Link #281
DemonneoPT

That's because Sasuke chose to stay away from the village. Even Orochimaru was allowed to walk among the citizens even tho Yamato was watching him everytime. Sumire is still a kid. All she needs is guidance to actually become a productive and healthy adult in the future. Assuming she will not die in the upcoming episodes and that she will regret everything done in the past, all Konoha has to do is assigning an Anbu agent to watch her steps for now on until she proves her mind is indeed changed.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-30, 16:46   Link #282
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
That's because Sasuke chose to stay away from the village. Even Orochimaru was allowed to walk among the citizens even tho Yamato was watching him everytime. Sumire is still a kid. All she needs is guidance to actually become a productive and healthy adult in the future. Assuming she will not die in the upcoming episodes and that she will regret everything done in the past, all Konoha has to do is assigning an Anbu agent to watch her steps for now on until she proves her mind is indeed changed.
Hell ,Kabuto is allowed to run a orphanage for the village, so I can't see Sumire being punished too severely.
Old 2017-06-30, 17:51   Link #283
MusicalMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Hell ,Kabuto is allowed to run a orphanage for the village, so I can't see Sumire being punished too severely.
Sumire has Nue inside of her, I doubt they would allow her to walk free in the village unless they somehow removed it.
MusicalMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-30, 21:38   Link #284
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicalMan View Post
Sumire has Nue inside of her, I doubt they would allow her to walk free in the village unless they somehow removed it.
Not a Jinchuuriki more like a walking summoning scroll. Regular summoning requires one to make a contract and it is entirely dependent on the summoned if they'll follow the summoner.

If I remember the mechanics right for the summoned to stay they need Chakra from the summoner.

The original intention of this technique after all is to be a monster bomb. Sort of like making Rin a Jinchurki unleash a tailed beast.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-30, 22:15   Link #285
Random14

If they can convince Sumire to stand down, they can probably remove Nue from her. Although I half expect Boruto's mysterious eye will do something about that too.

After that they would probably go easy on her. She's more a fanatical brainwashed child than anything else (Sai's familiar with that kind of "upbringing"), possibly dangerous, but they'd probably try to rehabilitate her more than anything else. Compared to a lot of other "rehabilitated" villains, she's a minor thing. I'm more curious about whether Orochimaru actually wants her dead or if he's just testing Mitsuki (and Boruto). Based on the prequel manga, it could go either way.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-04, 14:26   Link #286
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
That's because Sasuke chose to stay away from the village.
If I remember well in the spinoff about Sarada, it is revealed Sasuke decided not to return to Konoha because he fears about a threat worse than Kaguya which is later revealed in Boruto the Movie.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-04, 16:46   Link #287
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
If I remember well in the spinoff about Sarada, it is revealed Sasuke decided not to return to Konoha because he fears about a threat worse than Kaguya which is later revealed in Boruto the Movie.
That came a little later. There is also a bit of bad blood with the village and while he has managed to put it behind him, staying in the village for long periods of time would also be difficult for him.
Old 2017-07-04, 18:19   Link #288
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
That came a little later. There is also a bit of bad blood with the village and while he has managed to put it behind him, staying in the village for long periods of time would also be difficult for him.
Yep but he makes one or two returns according to the epilogue light novels and most notably in "The Last". I think in a magazine called Entermix Kishimoto clarified that he planned to state that in chapter 699 but he instead decided to focus on his interactions with Team 7 and his self atonement.
Old 2017-07-05, 07:40   Link #289
Random14

Although when Sasuke returned during the Last movie he saved the village from a giant meteorite so not like anyone could complain much then.

Who knew the giant (though looks like he shrunk a bit) chakra-eating monster could be so affectionate? Decent action in the first part before the talking no jutsu began, but still happy ending for this arc. And new ending? Forgot it was time for one. So is this a special ending to mark the end of this arc, then next episode will be regular new ending animation or...? Was still surprised to see her as the focus of the ending, even if just for now.

Still no idea how Boruto's eye fits into things but it is really useful, at one point it showed the byakugan chakra x-ray, haven't seen that for a long time. I hope Sumire hangs around and to see how her real personality is (the flustered class rep thing probably wasn't faking).

Last edited by Random14; 2017-07-05 at 07:50.
Old 2017-07-05, 09:44   Link #290
Tenzen12

I had feeling that Sumire will keep Nue (though this episode almost got me think otherwise). Soon or later this generation will need big guns after all.

Anyway for me Sumire >>> Sarada.
Old 2017-07-05, 10:25   Link #291
ReddyRedWolf

I must say while Himawari subtlety takes after her grandma the red hot blooded habanero Kushina, Boruto takes after his grandpa Minato saving the girl with a monster and probably raising flags.

There is some parallel between the Jinchuuriki and Sumire being children used as weapons.
Old 2017-07-05, 10:52   Link #292
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Holy cow, Mitsuki is really powerful considering he didn't even become a shinobi
Old 2017-07-05, 11:23   Link #293
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Holy cow, Mitsuki is really powerful considering he didn't even become a shinobi
Sumire is no slouch either. Their battle in this episode was at least chuunin level. They're way ahead of the rest of their peers.

I was happy with the episode. It was nicely animated and I liked what they did with Sumire's character. I wonder how she'll act when she comes back, considering she won't have to hide her skills anymore. She'll be able to prevent disasters from happening instead of freaking out. Of course, I still expect her to panic a bit from time to time since that's part of her personality.

They really need to start giving Sarada some screen time because Sumire has been totally stealing the main heroine spot so far.
Old 2017-07-05, 11:29   Link #294
Tenzen12

Once she awaken sharingan not even Boruto's role as protagonist will remain safe. I don't think pet nuke or two can compare with that...
Old 2017-07-05, 12:29   Link #295
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Not too fond of how they handled the Nue. One moment it's "he's your child!", the next, they leave him to die alone in a collapsing pocket dimension. And then, it turns out he survived as an eye in Sumire's hand?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-05, 12:44   Link #296
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Not too fond of how they handled the Nue. One moment it's "he's your child!", the next, they leave him to die alone in a collapsing pocket dimension. And then, it turns out he survived as an eye in Sumire's hand?
Note Sumire is a walking contract. Instead of one on her back now it is in her palm.

The last time a person was a parent chakra beasts was Sage of Six Paths.

Know what I wonder how villagers came to hate Root members when they were supposed to be secret and Hokages didn't actively go for a witch hunt. Even then why hate them?

Then I realized somebody must have leaked all the shit Danzo did. From the Uchiha massacre to working with Orochimaru to leading Nagato becoming edgelord Pain which resulted to village destruction.

Thing is it doesn't have to be Konoha itself that did the leak post war. Any of the other Hidden Villages could've done it... Or Orochimaru.
Old 2017-07-05, 13:17   Link #297
Galaxian

Was Nue's "cave" one of the Otsutsuki chakra trees? If so, it could explain why Boruto's eye could track Nue's presence.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-05, 14:58   Link #298
DemonneoPT

Nice animation in the action scenes. I like what they have done with Sumire. I hope her new contract (the little eye thing in the hand) will be explored later. She has potential to become a powerful female ninja and it would be a shame not explore her in later fights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Once she awaken sharingan not even Boruto's role as protagonist will remain safe. I don't think pet nuke or two can compare with that...
Doesn't she already awakened it?
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-05, 15:10   Link #299
Random14

Probably not yet, this is set really early in Boruto's ninja career (since his year only started a bit ago). The gaiden seemed to be closer to their graduation (although Mitsuki was still referred to as new arrival, but then again the boys haven't interacted with the girls that much so far).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Was Nue's "cave" one of the Otsutsuki chakra trees? If so, it could explain why Boruto's eye could track Nue's presence.
That's an interesting idea, the intro did say Nue was from another dimension, compared to every other summon being from "distant lands".

I wonder how persecuted her parents really were, not like they would have been executed or if they were really fanatical and were more afraid of their horrible experiments being uncovered.
Old 2017-07-05, 17:31   Link #300
Wandering Soul

This episode made it clear that Sumire's and Mitsuki are above thei peers as far as skill is concerned.

I'm hoping that Sumire's returns soon.

Sarada should either have a mini arc or hope that her gaiden gets animated soon because right now I find myself agreeing with Tenzen as far as she and Sumire are concerned.