AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2017-03-28, 23:32   Link #281
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Yeah, I'm done with Armor quest. Really need a 5* on the axe or the sword positions, as they're too weak otherwise (Effie is plenty strong at 4*), and 3 orbs are just not worth upgrading either with 20k feathers.

As for the new heroes, wadafaq?

Lance Xander hmm... wonder if he doesn't have Siegfried bonuses. Not like I actually used Siegfried much in the actual game, being weak to shurikens and Wyvern Lord just being too good of a class. So this is next best thing?

It's interesting though Camilla is a flying mage, the first of her kind. I actually want this, since Camilla is my go-to mage in Fates Conquest Lunatic, as being the only one to realistically oneshot Stoneborns with Bolt Axe. Shame it looks like she's a green unit (wind magic/wyvern mount), since Julia will NEVER leave my Arena party.

Speaking first of their kind, where's my bow archer hero? I'm actually kinda hoping it's Shin/Sin. I was doubtful at first since bow knights tend to be on the weak side, but he's actually plenty strong in Binding Blade. Looks like Nomad has only the regular foot penalty on forests, so maybe him wielding Murgleis in Heroes that allows him to move through forests at 2 movement?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-29, 01:16   Link #282
Tenzen12

I am bit disappointed with character designes (with exception of Cammila, she looks as good as ever), but who knows they might be great regardless.
Old 2017-03-30, 02:32   Link #283
shadow1296

and it starts, let the whaling begin
Old 2017-03-30, 03:11   Link #284
IceHism

But they're all pretty shitty except for the swift sparrow skill. Haven't seen their lvl 40 stats yet though.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-30, 06:32   Link #285
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Errr, Camilla is actually a very good unit assuming you give her a proper tome and skills.
A flying mage with a moderately high attack is actually more than serviceable and she has actually decent def to boot.
Old 2017-03-30, 08:06   Link #286
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I got lucky this time around. I had 60 free orbs lying around, and managed to get Lucina (-ATK +RES, PUKE!) on my first batch, and Camilla (+ATK - DEF) on my last one. I was actually contemplating NOT spending orbs since I only really wanted Luc for her skill and Camilla because she's a flying mage, but I thought to myself, I needed next week's bonus heroes anyways, so might as well give it a shot.

On second thought, maybe Camilla being a flying mage isn't so good. Most physical ranged in the arena are archers barring Kagero, so she's effectively running to her death unless she oneshots with Gronnblade + buffs or something like that.

I'm actually more happy I got a Nowi even at 4*, because she got my ideal stat spread of +SPD -HP. Gladly will spend another 20k on her, but I have to figure out first if I want a flying Nino or not.

Old 2017-03-30, 09:45   Link #287
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
and it starts, let the whaling begin
Dropped 314 of my 339 orbs. It hurt, but I got bunny Lucina. Worst part was wasting like, 65-75 orbs on sessions that had no blues, so had to just pick a red and quit. At least I got two Lon'qu from those reds...?

She's +RES/-DEF, so pretty average (maybe ever so barely above average!). Probably about as close to a neutral IV you can get on her without actually getting a neutral IV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I'm actually more happy I got a Nowi even at 4*, because she got my ideal stat spread of +SPD -HP. Gladly will spend another 20k on her, but I have to figure out first if I want a flying Nino or not.
Grats! My Nowi from way back has the same IV spread and she was amazing even before I feathered her to 5. Since feathering her, she's even better, though I'm sure she'll be VASTLY better once I give her some inheritance. Quick Riposte alone will be an even larger upgrade for her than feathering her was.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-30, 12:00   Link #288
IceHism

I could see her being used in flier emblem since she will one shot everything except a red unit with high res and mountain shenanigans might be interesting to see but that's about it? I'm not sure if I would want to use her over a nino if I'm not running flier emblem. 25 SPD is pretty terrible too and you lose darting if you inherit iote.
Old 2017-03-30, 12:05   Link #289
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Iote shield is not worth the trouble at all considering most units can be OHKO or two shots in most cases thanks to either a X blow skill or Fury. You'd rather go and exterminate the archer instead of gimping your flyer and expect to survive more just because of Iote, meaning your flyer is pretty much underwhelming if there isn't any archer on the opposing side.

In any case, I don't see mage flier to replace regular flier, but more as an alternative tactics depending of the map.

If the map distribution is heavily based on walls, regular mages are better, but if there are several maps with tons of forests and other obstacles, fliyers become way more handy.
Old 2017-03-30, 13:16   Link #290
shadow1296

so one hundred orbs down and got chrom, camilla, and lucina but they were normal camilla and lucina,
Old 2017-03-30, 15:51   Link #291
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Used my orbs since there won't be a new selection for a while and got Pieri and Linehart.
Awesome. I was wondering what I would do if I got that puke-level Marcus, but got Pieri (Kozaki's artwork made her out to be so unattractive, unlike this one) and Linehart (Horse-buff skill). Eliwood, Linehart, Cecilia, Pieri? Cecilia has the +6 ATK/SPD, so I would have to transfer the +6DEF over. The lack of good Sword+Horses...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-30, 22:34   Link #292
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Hmm, Camilla Flying Mage has 38 base + 13 Gronnblade+ = 51 ATK. That's actually 1 less than my Julia, and she has a blade tome too.

Now add Hone Flyer, it's 6 ATK + 6 ATK + 6 SPD = 18, add in a rally DEF/RES for another 6. 75 ATK, though you can pump it 80 with Life/Death. But even with 75 ATK, you can have her sweep non-reds once she had Vantage on.

Shame she has such low base stats though, but I only really play to get past 4k Arena points anyway. The bad part is that you want Gronnblade+, Life/Death or Close Counter, AND Vantage/QR. All of these you need to get through inherits, so minimum 20k feathers for the blade tome (unless you pulled Nino during banner), and like 1800 SP without a C Skill.

Yeah Persona 5 is coming around, no time for that much grinding. Maybe I'll just stick a regular blade tome, and forget about Skill Inheritance. Should be good enough for next week's bonus heroes, if I pair her up with my Hinoka (just have to give her Rally DEF/RES).

Speaking of Hinoka, looks like its going to be Pegasus vs Wyverns next voting battle. Hinoka/Palla/Tsubaki/Cordelia vs Camilla/Minerva/Cherche/Beruka. Of those I only have Hinoka and Minerva as 5*, but I'm fairly confident it's going to be Cordelia vs Camilla in the end if they don't meet up. I think I might just bandwagon Camilla even though I only have 4*, though honestly not being 5* hurts her as brave weapon user. Hopefully I have good luck with my allies...

I'm more excited for the next Grand Battle banner though, Caeda/Sofia/Effie/Kagero. I've got all the other girls in some way shape or form, but I don't have a Kagero yet. Will save my free orbs for that one, that's for sure.

Old 2017-04-01, 06:18   Link #293
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Spent 5 orbs and got bunny Lucina.

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2017-04-01 at 19:49.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-01, 22:23   Link #294
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
^You mean tank the first hit, as 'kite' means to 'keep at a certain distance away'.

But yeah, Sheena sucks ass because of her low attack, low speed, low mobility, AND bad skills. First three are obvious, but Killer weapons are best used on quick members to take advantage of the lower CDs, while Silver Weapons are better on everyone else (high ATK like Cherche or Ultra SPD like Setsuna makes great use of Brave Weapons). This is compounded with the fact that you can only get Silver Axe from Gunter (I have no other Gunter apart from the one I used for Horse, and no way I'm sacrificing my Hone Horse) while the rest are 5* only heroes.

She essentially has no A skill, since anti-armor weapons are uncommon even in training stratums. Her special is superfluous as she already only takes chip damage against non-red melee, and I don't know if 2k feathers are worth getting Luna on her.

(Moonbow's low CD is wasted since the attack pattern is always 'Enemy-Moonbow-Sheena-Enemy', meaning if both the enemy and Sheena initiates during their respective turns, Sheena only gets one proc of it unless she's always on the defense.)

Since she's the one carrying Fortify Armor, she's also the squishiest member of an all Armor squad. The AI tries to targets those it can damage the most, and even with Draug's Ward Armor, enemy units can chip her to death. Which would be fine if it weren't that she only does chip damage back, and that she can't maneuver out of bad fights. :/

Believe me, I pulled Hawkeye (RIP since Julia needed Deathblow) as my first 5* after my initial Lucina. And while he's a terrible character, at least he does more than just chip damage against enemies, since at least he gets Deathblow. He started to have great difficulty at the upper stratums, but at least he isn't a walking buff bot like Sheena is.
Mmmm.... make sense I guess.... I'm having trouble leveling her from 38 to 40 already(granted, it's 4 star version of her but I have no trouble leveling Michalis from 38 to 40) I'm just thinking having her earlier(in Ursula GHB or even Narcian GHB) will save me a lot of trouble tanking the first hit though.

Hawkeye will just be deathblow fodder for my Sanaki, Fae, or Lyn(Defiant ATK already good on her so she'll be low on the list. The prospect of Deathblow + Hone ATK though, seems really nice )

I'm really tempted to roll for bunny Camilla(that Sawashiro voice... and I don't have normal Camilla) but I'll save my limited orb...

I have no good unit for next voting gauntlet except for 4 star Tsubaki....so I guess I'll just jump on Camilla bandwagon and do whatever(or jump on the losing team bandwagon in the final and hope I'll get more feather ) I made quite a lot backing Ephraim last time this way.

Last edited by kuroishinigami; 2017-04-01 at 23:25.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 00:35   Link #295
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Spent 5 orbs and got bunny Lucina.
just yolo rolled and got her in 19 stones. seems good since i don't have a linde. now i have to farm sp on her
though i wanted a nowi along the way :/
Old 2017-04-02, 19:11   Link #296
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Man I feel so dirty. Spent like around 12 Light's Blessings just to do the Armor quest, and 'rerolling' until I didn't get a green enemy unit (Hector just PWNs my 4* Draug WITH Hammer, so I burnt 3 stam pots). I guess there's really no use for those other than quests, so I'm really not missing out much, but it did very much felt like cheating.

Now I just hope there isn't another ridiculous all armor quest like that, as I don't have much left in the way of Light Blessings...

Old 2017-04-03, 02:40   Link #297
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

if
Tsubaki: "I can ride this animal because Tenma aren't Pegasus!"

Heroes:
Pegasus Knight, Tsubaki!

...?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-03, 07:44   Link #298
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Never understood why pegasi were only ridden by females in the first place. Pegasus, at least in Greek mythology, is ridden by big name males by the likes of Perseus and whatnot.

It's actually unicorns that has the myth surrounding only being able to be tamed by maidens. I get it that it's not really common knowledge (I only knew about the maiden thingy with unicorns through a Piers Anthony book), but to confuse it with a pegasus? I dunno man....

Old 2017-04-03, 23:37   Link #299
Tenzen12

Because females are generally lighter? Pegasus Knights wear only light armors which also imply weight is issue.
Old 2017-04-04, 10:40   Link #300
shadow1296

Bunny Camilla slips through my fingers again, chrom is really starting to get on my nerves, while I have obtained bunny Lucina 2 days ago, I try to pull for Camilla today and got another bunny chrom and not only that but also a regular chrom meaning unless I get super lucky I won't get a bunny Camilla,(ps don't ask how much I spent I did way more than I should have)

Tags
fire emblem, mobile game, nintendo, turn-based strategy