AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2019-07-22, 21:13   Link #281
Galaxian

Well, we now know what the next three months are going to be. Another fight scene without a consequential outcome because we know that nothing is going to happen to Naruto until the time skip.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-20, 11:09   Link #282
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The new chapter was indeed all about battle, and it will continue next month. Jigen's ability and the way he uses it is probably the most original we've seen so far. Of course, I'm aware there are other characters in fiction with the same ability, just saying it's original for Boruto.
Old 2019-08-20, 15:23   Link #283
Wandering Soul

Not what I expected from a guy like Jigen, but yeah, it's pretty unique as far as this series goes.
Old 2019-08-21, 15:58   Link #284
Galaxian

Boruto is already getting sidelined in his own manga. This is the second fight Naruto gets in a row.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-21, 18:50   Link #285
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Boruto is already getting sidelined in his own manga. This is the second fight Naruto gets in a row.
The problem is that this story started with enormous scale (first enemies are freaking Otsutsukis) while the main character is just a noob. There's just nothing Boruto can do against enemies like those.
Old 2019-09-10, 02:45   Link #286
rladls2121

Damn it, I'm really losing it right now.
Kaguya, I was thinking she was the strongest and yet.
But she is just one of those "final boss", and seeing Team 7's effort to only to seal Kaguya.
And now this story is telling me more of these Otsutsukis are out there.
Not sure if Kaguya's parents even exists.

Army of Otsutsuki Clan invading Naruto's world = it's the end of the world as we know it.

My mind somehow tells me Naruto's world is rather lucky that what Kaguya did to the planet before taking all for herself, I'm loss at words.

Last edited by rladls2121; 2019-09-10 at 03:04.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-20, 15:03   Link #287
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Naruto and Sasuke got their asses utterly kicked by Jigen, or rather, Isshiki. If that's what he can do with a shitty vessel, I can't imagine what he'll be capable of with a perfect one.

I'm glad the fight didn't last too long. On the other hand, it feels like Naruto and Sasuke got nerfed pretty bad. Sasuke for one should be able to use all of Rinnegan's abilities, not just his swap thing.
Old 2019-09-20, 18:57   Link #288
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Naruto and Sasuke got their asses utterly kicked by Jigen, or rather, Isshiki. If that's what he can do with a shitty vessel, I can't imagine what he'll be capable of with a perfect one.

I'm glad the fight didn't last too long. On the other hand, it feels like Naruto and Sasuke got nerfed pretty bad. Sasuke for one should be able to use all of Rinnegan's abilities, not just his swap thing.
It's not surprising. Kaguya and Momoshiki were never very combat proficient and relied on overwhelming their opponents through force. This Isshiki's presumably been hanging around since the dawn of shinobi and familiarized himself with real combat.
Old 2019-09-20, 20:13   Link #289
Wandering Soul

The first scene of this manga starts to make a lot of sense if you think about it actually being Isshiki in Kawaki's body that's fighting Boruto.
Old 2019-09-21, 10:06   Link #290
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
It's not surprising. Kaguya and Momoshiki were never very combat proficient and relied on overwhelming their opponents through force. This Isshiki's presumably been hanging around since the dawn of shinobi and familiarized himself with real combat.
That's a good point, but that still doesn't explain why Sasuke doesn't use the Rinnegan's abilities. I forget the name, but the one that could pull or blow away stuff could have been useful against the rods.
Old 2019-09-21, 16:54   Link #291
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Oh my god, this chapter blew me away. Ikemoto actually drew all those Kurama and Susanoo so similar to Kishimoto's style that for a second I thought it was another person. I'm liking how the story is going on how this Kara guy Jigen is apparently even stronger than Momoshiki considering the what he did to the duo. I doubt the two are dying for real as I already learned from the flashforward that Kawaki was related to whatever happened to Naruto.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-21, 16:57   Link #292
bakato

Quote:
That's a good point, but that still doesn't explain why Sasuke doesn't use the Rinnegan's abilities. I forget the name, but the one that could pull or blow away stuff could have been useful against the rods.
Pulling or repelling the rods once they've stabbed into you is suicide since they'd just pull your body apart. He can't see them when they've been shrunk so he can't target them.
Old 2019-09-21, 18:40   Link #293
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Pulling or repelling the rods once they've stabbed into you is suicide since they'd just pull your body apart. He can't see them when they've been shrunk so he can't target them.
He doesn't need to target them. He could repel everything around him, before getting stabbed of course. There are other abilities that'd be useful, like the Asura path's ability to grow extra arms, which he could definitely use, since, you know.
Old 2019-09-21, 18:53   Link #294
bakato

Quote:
He doesn't need to target them. He could repel everything around him, before getting stabbed of course. There are other abilities that'd be useful, like the Asura path's ability to grow extra arms, which he could definitely use, since, you know.
Even Pain couldn't spam that ability. The cooldown probably applies to other rinnegan abilities, which isn't worth it against Jigen. They're not losing to Jigen because of a lack of arms. Jigen's ability to shrink himself and other objects isn't something that can be dealt with more arms.

Last edited by bakato; 2019-09-21 at 19:09.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-11, 20:33   Link #295
cyberdemon

Guess this is what Kawaki meant in the first chapter about sending Boruto to the same place as his father
Old 2019-10-20, 12:05   Link #296
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

New chapter.

Geez, we get it, Shikamaru thinks Kawaki's a spy. No need to repeat it so much in a single chapter. You could cut half the content and lose nothing. Anyway, Kawaki and team 7 are in the other dimension, but they'll have to face another Kara member to recover Naruto. Jigen wasn't dumb enough to leave him unguarded.

No news regarding Sasuke. Probably still bleeding on the ground.

Kouji figured out Jigen must be extremely weakened and is heading to Kara's HQ in the hope he can finish him off. Not going to work, but maybe we'll finally learn his connection to Jiraiya.
Old 2019-10-20, 13:51   Link #297
Wandering Soul

This entire thing Boruto and everyone else is doing only might work out because they are the main characters. It's absolutely idiotic for a bunch of genins to go after a guy they believe could defeat the Hokage. I imagine if they win it will come down to either the karma marks or Mitsuki breaking out his sage mode.
Old 2019-10-20, 16:19   Link #298
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
This entire thing Boruto and everyone else is doing only might work out because they are the main characters. It's absolutely idiotic for a bunch of genins to go after a guy they believe could defeat the Hokage. I imagine if they win it will come down to either the karma marks or Mitsuki breaking out his sage mode.
Well, a couple of genins defeated Kaguya, so you know, there's a precedent.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-20, 18:06   Link #299
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kawaki and Boruto have Karma and Mitsuki has Sage mode so they'll be able to give that guy a run for his money, but I'm afraid Sarada is going to be complete dead weight. Like mother, like daughter, I guess...

Seriously, what could she possibly do?
Old 2019-10-24, 10:43   Link #300
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

Quote:

They got nerfed really badly . Naruto doesnt use his sage mode combined with kurama mode as well as his other bijuu ability , Sasuke doesnt use his Rinnengan or Mangekyou powers as he was when they fought against each other . Ive get it that Boruto and Kawaki must shine but come one dont nerf the only characters that are able to put a fight against Otsusuki clan

Tags
spoiler discussion, weekly spoiler discussion