AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-03-16, 09:47   Link #281
Corvo269

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLikePotatoes View Post
Also the hero Reiji is an idiot, how can he be so accepting of everything being said. Even allowing the powerless girl to come along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
He seems to be the typical Shonen hero. The kind that likes to jump into a fight to defend the helpless and innocent.
At the same time, like a typical Shounen Hero, Reiji is likable. Unlike a typical shounen hero, it seems that by some miracle or probably Suimei casting magic on Reiji, he has half a brain. That's actually quite a lot for a typical shounen hero
Corvo269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-16, 10:39   Link #282
obnuchious

Reiji has a whole brain .... he doesn't just use half of it's capacity . . .

as mentioned in the chp4 translation, Suimei's the one that helps Reiji whenever he's in a dilemma . . . in other words, Suimei's some sort of 'brain booster' for Reiji . . .
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-16, 10:41   Link #283
Nishaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestionableEthics View Post
Web Novel 4

http://pastebin.com/u/QuestionableWords

I haven't decided to translate this fact because my method of translation is CL-EN so there may be accuracies here and there even though I would check through the source. I would only do this if everyone is fine with it.
Thank you very much for translation. I hope you continue to translate.
Nishaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-16, 15:53   Link #284
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuestionableEthics View Post
Web Novel 4

http://pastebin.com/u/QuestionableWords

I haven't decided to translate this fact because my method of translation is CL-EN so there may be accuracies here and there even though I would check through the source. I would only do this if everyone is fine with it.
The translator inside me is practically ripping his hair out at some of the lines and mistakes in it....

On another note, I'm debating picking this series up as a side-project after I get further in my translation of Seirei Gensouki. Currently out of commission because of midterms though.
Old 2015-03-16, 15:59   Link #285
Nishaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyureki View Post
The translator inside me is practically ripping his hair out at some of the lines and mistakes in it....

On another note, I'm debating picking this series up as a side-project after I get further in my translation of Seirei Gensouki. Currently out of commission because of midterms though.
Which one are you planning translate if you pick up? LN or WN?
Nishaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-16, 16:01   Link #286
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

The WN since I don't have access to the LN.
Old 2015-03-16, 16:17   Link #287
Yunyuki
story finder

if i remember right, most people commented in this thread about the differences from wn and ln vol 1, rather disliking the ln

thanks for the translation!
Yunyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-16, 16:23   Link #288
PROzess
Pissed Off Tl0r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyureki View Post

Not sure if the mistakes were made at JP->CH or at Ch->ENG, but I did point out that the author has a rather messed up way to describe the magic. Now mangle that through three different languages and it should be obvious that the result is going to be, well, lets say it nicely: lacking.
No offense towards either translators. It's a simple fact and even I had trouble with the original Japanese.
Old 2015-03-16, 16:28   Link #289
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROzess View Post
Not sure if the mistakes were made at JP->CH or at Ch->ENG, but I did point out that the author has a rather messed up way to describe the magic. Now mangle that through three different languages and it should be obvious that the result is going to be, well, lets say it nicely: lacking.
No offense towards either translators. It's a simple fact and even I had trouble with the original Japanese.
I know your pain. Back when I was scouting this series trying to pick something to translate, I ran into a few lines where I had to think for a while before I figured out what they were saying. I think one of the biggest ones was when Reiji finally set out on his journey and one of the parting lines that Suimei said sounded like utter gibberish to me and I was never able to figure out what he was saying in that one line.
Old 2015-03-16, 16:32   Link #290
senjiro
ecchi sage

Lol
Reading ch.4( many thanks) i almost believe kouki migrated to another wn..
After reading a little more i notice this "kouki " hear his friends even he will go ahead...
Why all of "heros " have to be this way? With zero brain. Full hormones ...
Sumei thinks he dont wanna get caught into that huge problem... you are wise lad...
Princess honored the " girl with big boobs and no brain "
And hero haremette giving up before begin...
Mari the pityfull witch
senjiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-16, 16:40   Link #291
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by senjiro View Post
Lol
Reading ch.4( many thanks) i almost believe kouki migrated to another wn..
After reading a little more i notice this "kouki " hear his friends even he will go ahead...
Why all of "heros " have to be this way? With zero brain. Full hormones ...
Sumei thinks he dont wanna get caught into that huge problem... you are wise lad...
Princess honored the " girl with big boobs and no brain "
And hero haremette giving up before begin...
I don't know but Reiji seem a lot better that Kouki. For now.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-16, 18:48   Link #292
cellgoondude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvo269 View Post
I don't think that's the case as he said that more powerful than the heroes, technically Suimei doesn't count as a Hero. That being said I think the power comparison between the heroes and Suimei should be the power gap between regular legendary pokemon and Mega Mewtwo X, and trust me, Mega Mewtwo X kicks some serious ass
More like Mega Rayquaza or Primdon compared to something like Genesect.
So what I'm hearing is that there are people stronger than Reiji, but not Suimei. Fun.
Old 2015-03-16, 19:24   Link #293
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
I don't know but Reiji seem a lot better that Kouki. For now.
Reiji is a great guy man! an actual best friend of the MC, unlike that Kouki.

Anyway, glad the translation started again, hope it goes smoothly so I can have partners to discuss this WN with so lonely~
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-16, 23:22   Link #294
Sixth
Hu Tao

At least i know that the MC also want girls hugging him. I always thought he show no interest on girls.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-17, 01:00   Link #295
EmperorMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvo269 View Post
At the same time, like a typical Shounen Hero, Reiji is likable. Unlike a typical shounen hero, it seems that by some miracle or probably Suimei casting magic on Reiji, he has half a brain. That's actually quite a lot for a typical shounen hero
The hero is irritating like the kind of buddy that doesn't think things out and needs saving. But its the endearing kind.

This hero isn't dis-likable at least.
EmperorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-17, 03:13   Link #296
Haigi

Reading the magic tech terms and stuff that goes into it is bad enough for the brain. Having to translate and put it into words is really torture...

In regards to the hero, at least he's one that cares for the MC even though he has power and all that and willing to rush to his aid at any time.

Spoiler for hero in the future:
Haigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-17, 03:40   Link #297
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigi View Post
Reading the magic tech terms and stuff that goes into it is bad enough for the brain. Having to translate and put it into words is really torture...

In regards to the hero, at least he's one that cares for the MC even though he has power and all that and willing to rush to his aid at any time.

Spoiler for hero in the future:
U meant the Duke Hardias case? Not to that extent though, at most he only feels hatred to a particular person...
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-17, 05:13   Link #298
Sixth
Hu Tao

Can't wait to see the MC reason to fight the demon king.

MC: i don't care about those evil nobles and people. i just want to save my bitches. Demon king existence threaten my quest to get bitches, thus demon king must die! !!!

MC's priority: construct the portal. Get bitches.

Reiji:........
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-17, 07:29   Link #299
iLikePotatoes

Doesn't the hero look like a 30 year old salaryman with a wife and a few kids in this picture ?

Seriously, the author/illustrator really doesn't doesn't like the hero, compared to the MC who looks suave as f**K.
iLikePotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-17, 07:45   Link #300
Haigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
U meant the Duke Hardias case? Not to that extent though, at most he only feels hatred to a particular person...
No. It's the part.....inside the prophetic dream Suimei had or something....or some kind of climax prologue before the story started kind of thing....I think it's the dream...don't remember where I read it.

But it's cases like this that overlap over and over during the war is what I think.
Haigi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate world, harem, harem (not mc), romance (not mc), webnovel